Vacation 2002

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
So who has planned a vacation this year. I know I haven't booked one yet, but plans are there. wink

King Jedi
I was going to go to the World Cup. But there is no point now. sad

yerssot
sorry KJ cool

well, I'm not going with my family (they are too old) but I sincerly hope that I get a holiday this year!!

mah
well I am going eith my family, to england, at easter.

Texas
We had a great vacation last summer, so this year we're probably staying home sad

Ratcat
Apart from the last week eh Tex. Like the new sig BTW.

Texas
Yeah, last week sucked! Century City is not the place for a wild 20 year old. I did get to see the Die Hard building though smokin'

Ushgarak
Hmm. Holiday can be a bit of a relative term... I may venture to the Midlands in the summer.

Yeah. I know, I'm SUCH a wild man!

yerssot
great! and we just painted the town again!

Ratcat
Yeah, but didn't you just have a mini-break? Remember what Brdget Jones said about mini-breaks.... laughing out loud

Edna Witch
Well I probably won't have a proper vacation and will most likely do the same as last year which was camp in Newquay for a week with my old school friends. Think we are going to turn t into an annual event!

Oh yes and I might go to Norfolk again with Ush. Hopefully it will be a tad warmer this time!

Ushgarak
It'll be warmer, for sure, but weirdly enough, no less harsh...

Edna Witch
Ush you are always harsh! I get used to it!

Ushgarak
Blah blah blah...

Beaches on the sea front will be more crowded.

Edna Witch
Not a problem for me. It's you who doesn't like poeple!

Ushgarak
It's nicer when empty.

Dim
I have to save up vacation time before I can even think about taking one.

ToMacco
(In Schwarzenegger's voice) "I want a trip to Mars!"

finti
Just take a look around you To and your wishs will come true, at least you have a martian for governor . ......Pile driver

ToMacco
In my defense, I didn't vote that day. But christ, you are right. What a joke. sad

finti
I think they voted on him like a goof, and the next day they found out too many had done the same thing. smile

ToMacco
There is no explination behind Ventura being our governor. A lot of dumbass people went to the voting booth that day.

finti
dumb cause they have a different opinion than yours or just plain dumb cause they have swedish ancestors

ToMacco
Dumb because they voted a shamless self-promoter as their governor.

finti
oh more or less a real american thing to do then

ToMacco
In no way, does the election of Jesse Ventura represent the intelegence of the American people.

finti
Bush ....hmm I rest my case big grin stick out tongue

ToMacco
mad mad

In no way am I going to get into a political debate with you, finti.

finti
Bush and Ventura in leading positions, man what is wrong with you over there.
Heard Bush stepped in it again with some comment about the Pakistani`s, man what a sorry excuse for a leader.

ToMacco
I'm not going to fight with you right now, finti.

finti
So you support Bush??????

ToMacco
I voted for him. And I stand behind what he does.

He is the President of the United States of America. He is the most powerful man in the world. And we elected him into that position. I have faith that he will bring this country, and the rest of the free world into better times.

finti
thats what is scary, and remember he is the leader of USA not the world. He is not very respected in Norway, we have no faith in him. Gladly the politicians around him are clever or else ....

ToMacco
You should have faith in him, you bastard.

finti
Why? he seem to have limited knowledge about the rest of the world.And in debates he sucks, he should be glad he didnt run against Clinton, cause Clinton would have killed him in a debate.
And while at it Clinton is one of the most populare US presidents ever. In Norway that is. Even the Norwegian politicians were impressed by him. I dont care about his outflying sex escapades he was a damn fine politician which sadly Bush is not

Ratcat
I have to agree there. From the outside, looking in, Bush seems extremely weak. His knowledge of International Affairs seems non-existent.

I wonder if his home popularity would be as great right now if it wasn't for the war on terrorism.

For my money Clinton has been the most respected US president I can remember, as far as the UK is concerned. Reagan comes a close second, due a lot to his close friendship with Thatcher I think.

yerssot
funny, he has the reputation to look like a monkey here smile

ToMacco
Well, I think he's doing a good job. He is where he is because he's smart.

yerssot
yep, chimps are rather intelligent

finti
No it is because of his fathers influence and very good politicians that aid him.

Hell he called Greek people for Greecians, thats not even a word besides that it was a huge insult against the Greeks.

And he will mumble fumble in the future. Its like when he gives a speech you wonder what he gonna screw up this time.

ToMacco
this 'dumbass' just kicked the Taliban and Al-Quida's ASS!

Ratcat
Actually that was the a combined military force, consisting of more than just the US forces. But, the forces who 'kicked' butt as you put it where all trained during the presidency of Clinton I would wager.

Plus a large portion of the ground assaults were undertaken by the Northern Alliance, not the US military and the first person into Kabul was actually a British reporter from the BBC!!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Next days headlines in the UK papers;

John Simmons Liberates Kabul

Bush is no keader of people, he rode into the whitehouse on the back of his fathers name and a rather dodgy count in Florida, thanks Jedd.... He is currently riding the crest of hysteria over the whole 11/09, Terrorism and basically revenge.

Our own Primeminister Blair has done more to rally international support than Bush has. Whistle stop world tour at the beginning. Just yesterday he was in Afganistan, where was Bush??? Has he even left the US since this all started?

Respond Please.

finti
Thats because Bush first must learn the names of all 50 states before he starts on the rest of the world big grin

This retaliation would have happened regardless of who held the presidential....well maybe not Dan Quayle

Ok another Bush quote: "I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ratcat
What's the phrase, oh yeah...

"Only In America"

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
I think Mattel made George Bush Jr.

mah
1.bush has no brains when it comes to foreign-politics, nor this air-defence thing.

2. blair has little brains too, cause he's following bush like a monkey.

3. the norwegian prime minister has little brains too, cause he's followoing blair and bush like a monkey.

finti
Nah he is just born that way, and he is the biggest sinner of them all. Why? Cause he is actually a priest but he breaks all his political promises. In other word he lies and that must be the worst for one who is so dedicated to the bible. In my dictionary he is under the words f****** a****le mad

Ratcat
Is that so? Oh, right.

And there was me thinking Bush was just sitting on his bum doing nout whilst taking all the credit for the hard work being undertaken by everyone else.

If I had to point to any one person in his administration who was actually doing anything about this then it would have to be Colin Powell.

finti
Yes, yes and yes he is the man.

another Bush quote: "The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."

Ratcat
OK, where are you getting these from??? They are excellent! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

mah
there's been made a book about his 'wise' sayings.

yerssot
that's or a big book or very small

finti
lets just say it is growing

Ratcat
And just when we thought we had a scandal free US governement there was Enron...

Ushgarak
RC, that John Simmons story was a fake. He apologised for it soon after; he misreported it.

Really, Bush Jnr. may not have the international standing of CLinton, not by a long shot, but he's really not as stupid as some people here are making him out to be. And as far as leading his country is concerned he is doing a superb job.

And Blair is NO fool. Blair is a very adept leader. If he wasn't so adept Labour wouldn't be the bloody problem that it IS.

Blair made a funny quote last week, actually:

"I won't, nor will I ever, make any predictions."

Funny, because saying you will never make a prediction is a prediciton, of course...

Ratcat
Well I watched him on TV leave the advancing Northern Alliance troops behind and walk into Kabul, accompanied by civilians. That wasn't faked as far as I could see.

There were the troops planning their entry into the city and there was Simmons strolling along with all these afgans

Now I know he didn't actually Liberate it, but he was inside the perimeter of Kabul before any troops.

It was funny, because the newspapers ran that report and then the BBC gave a statement that was something like;Hysterical.

Ushgarak
Here is the report of his apology (I remember how amused David Blunkett was by his original comments)

http://media.guardian.co.uk/attack/story/0,1301,597385,00.html

Ratcat
Oh, I read something similar in the Times. But he was still ahead of the soldiers. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
At least it wasn't as bad as it was in the Gulf, where the Iraqis were SURRENDERING to press teams...

Ratcat
I saw that live. That was hillarious.

sand person no. 10
I'm going to try not to offend anyone here east or west of the atlantic, but i did a-laevel poltiics and we learnt about the "special relationship" that britain and america had,

If bin liner had attacked canary wharf would america have attacked afghanistan in the way they did, i doubt it, would the western world have rallied around Britain? No!!! America, like it or not is the worlds only super power, if wall street crashes the western economy may as well say goodbye,

this war has saved bushes career, he will probably win election in another 3 years time over this war on terrorism and yet i still don't here about any action being taken over northern ireland.

HE has lived off his fathers legacy of iraq and i wouldn't be surprised if bin liner waited until bush jnr was in power until he attacked.

Blair jumped onto bushes parade, not that i disagree with what happened in New York, it upsets me emensly even now, every western country should have fought against it, but blair came across too pro-american and too friendly with bush.

sand person no. 10
please visit the golden palace, the molineux, home of the wolves.

Ushgarak
Werll, I think Blair;s close liasion with Bush has been a great success. It has massively improved rleations between our countries and it was also the right thing to do, in political,economic and moral grounds. It's very easy to see him as a lackey, but to be hoinest he is virtually holding the reins on this one.

finti
Wolves gonna miss out on premier leauge yet again big grin

another Bush quote "It's going to require numerous IRA agents."
said about democratic canidate Gore`s tax plan cool

Ratcat
I'm still unsure just how my Vacations post turned into a debate on international political figures... sad

queeq
laughing out loud

mah
I agree with what you're saying here, sand.person no.10

finti
agree with what, about those we are never going up Wolves?????

Ratcat
mad

Dim
*attempt to get back on topic*

so what are the best beaches in the UK?

Gundark
*whips out calendar*

Vacation. Clearly unscheduled at this time. Other than my usual beach trip with my sister in september.

queeq
Beaches and Britain..... laughing out loud

Actually, I saw some nice ones in Wales.

Ratcat
OK, as you're coming from LA, expect to be EXTREMELY disappointed...

There are some nice scenic beachs, but unless we have a heatwave you can't guarentee the weather.

Dim
I always freeze my butt off at the beach anyway.. I'm more of a beach walker than someone who goes and lays out on the sand..

queeq
What was that about your butt? big grin

Ratcat
Well, look at the options in the UK.

North Sea, Atlantic of the English Channel (plus a few others that I can't remember), the basic point is they are all COLD. Hardly the Med!!!!

queeq
Cornwall gets there a bit...in summer time. But only a bit.

Ratcat
True, actually it does get quite nice down there.

queeq
I know. I hope to get back there.

finti
Brighton , Bournemouth, Great Yarmouth, Skegness and Whitley Bay.
Surfs up big grin

Ratcat
And THOSE are the high spots.

finti
I really liked Skegness, very cozy

Ratcat
I really hate holidaying in the UK.

Gundark
How about Bora Bora ?

finti
to smelly big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.