Lucio Fulci

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyFace
Are any of his flicks good? I went to my favorite site classic-horror.com and they said this about some of his films...

Gates of Hell- work of a man with no imagination.

Zombie- this got good a good review.

The Beyond- got a good review.

So what do you guys know about Lucio Fulci? Should I see his flicks or not?

BackFire
Yes, Zombe and The Beyond are outstanding gorefests of the highest calibar.

Zilverz
I just seen Zombie tonight ... nice and gorey .. youll like it

Nastybutlerbob
I have Zombie and The beyond. If you dig zombie then the beyond will knock the shit out of your ass....Both are great...the beyond is magnificent

BackFire
Indeed.

Dario Argento
Fulci's films are great. In my opinion the Beyond is one of the 2 best zombie movies ever (the other one is Day of the Dead). Fulci could create a fantastic mood, which I don't think he gets enough credit for. A lot of people just say "But without his outstanding use of gore his films are nothing". His films are much more than just great gore. They are very atmospheric and full of doom and funny as well. The man had a morbid sense of humour. His films have some of the greatest and most hilarious movie kills ever.
I also think the music in his movies are awesome. Fabio Frizzi did some fantastic and very atmospheric scores.

Nastybutlerbob
I never hear Day of the Dead get any credit...always Dawn is better Dawn is better....Its good to hear someone else appreciated Day of the Dead as much as I did....The music in the Beyond is fantastic. I have the nchor Bay DVD and the still gallery has marvelous musical pieces and remixes from the film...good shit

BackFire
The thing with Day of the Dead is that it is nothing compared to what it could have been. Read the original script if you want proof.

Zilverz
Yes pitting Zombie vs Zombie would have been sweet .. with weapons and they just beat on each other ...

Day of the Dead is still top notch in my opinion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.