World Record in waiting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thomas H
Hello all Star Wars fans, i just read in a Norvegian newspaper that two men form Seattle USA, has started to line up to by tickets for aotc. Its five month to the premiere so thise boys will break the worl record!!! laughing out loud

TeCk-IcE
Hehe....when you are waiting that long for a ticket, you can really call yourself a BIG fan!

LanceWindu
Yeah I heard about this on Theforce.net. These guys are crazy. They aren't going to go to work at all? How are they going to pay for their tickets when AOTC finally comes out?

Ratcat
Yep, members of the Seatle Star Wars Society. John Guth and Jeff Tweiten. They've each taken 4 months off of work to do this, they're mad. laughing out loud

http://www.waitingforstarwars.com

Thomas H
Actualy, when George Lucas sees this he will probably just give them the ticket...ot what??
How will they make movney??
These boys are both carcy and the worlds biggest <Star wars fans.

yerssot
guess they get donations

Thomas H
I actualy believe that they will get the tickes for free. Does anyone agree with me?
Anyway cant wait for this one, I have heard that Joda is fighting with two lazer sabels, this will be good, much better then The Phantom menace. smokin'

LanceWindu
What's a lazer sabel?

yerssot
who's Joda?

Ratcat
They are getting some assistance from stranger, some from their fellow members of the Seatle Star Wars club.

Can't really moan about that though, these guys have done so much charity work in Seatle, as part of the SSWS, over the last two years.

Aquarius87
I think i might start doing some charity work...

LanceWindu
I know what you mean. If I could get into the SW AOTC premiere with no money or a job for 5 months, I would love it

Thomas H
Whats alazer sabel??
Comon you got to be joking confused

Thomas H
who are Joda??
You got to be kidding??? confused

Ratcat
There is no Joda...

finti
infidel. smile wink Thomas, try Y oda

Ratcat
And try Infidel..... stick out tongue

yerssot
laughing out loud
Norway, go figure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thomas H
Well I guess that all of you understand what I ment, so its not nececery to make a big laught of it..is it???????????? confused

Thomas H
What is a infidel????

ToMacco
Why would you line up 4 months in advance?

What kind of lives to these two lead? They obviously have no family or friends, because who would let a loved one get away with that?

God in heaven! They're just movies. Get a girlfriend, or at least some dignity, for christ sake. mad

Thomas H
They probably have no life, no family, no friends (exept eachother laughing out loud ).

Thomas H
Well they are probably doing it just to get attencion! evil face

ToMacco
What the hell is wrong with those two?

TeCk-IcE
I hope they have some place where they van take a shower.

laughing out loud

Geonosian_guard
hey thomas h
do you have a life you carnt even spell yoda???? whats a laught
mate go to school and learn how to spell!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ratcat
Actually these guys have taken sabaticals from their jobs to do this. They are raising awareness of their Star Wars fan club, the Seatle Star Wars Society which as well as being a collection of Star wars fans, do a massive amount of charity work within Seatle.

Before you start bashing these people why not do some bloody research and get your facts straight. It's very easy to bash something that you don't understand.

If you read the previous posts instead of just hurling insults then you might have realised this in advance,

finti
yeah Geonosian_guard and do you have a second Language??

Geonosian_guard
yes
and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!

yerssot
well, there is a surprise roll eyes (sarcastic)

TeCk-IcE
And what is your second language?

yerssot
Aussies smile

Thomas H
Thanks Finti!

TeCk-IcE
I don`t even think hes got a first language

laughing out loud

Thomas H
hello Geonosian_guard, let me tell you ONE thing.
Those persons that boder to mention spelling errrors and say that the people who have some spelling errors have no life. Well then I think you realy should check your own F***ing life (sorry my language people)

mad

yerssot
Everyone! Bashing is not allowed here! So quite it now!

Ushgarak
Yeah, let's move it on, people...

yerssot
how many days till EpII?

Thomas H
I am sorry for the bashing Geonosian_guard. Anyway you should never have startet it.
sad

About 4 and a half month!

yerssot
and for those in Norway: LONGER evil face

Thomas H
hehe, actualy not, i believe we will get the world premiere!
That means that we will see it before the americans laughing out loud
That happend on lord of the rings!

ToMacco
RatCat-

These two guys are losers. Star Wars is a movie. Anyone who will take a half year out of their life to see this is a retard. I will see the movie opening day. I'm not going to line up months in advance like some dumbass!

Geonosian_guard
hey tomas h get a life learn how to spell. anyway joda ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i mean yoda is the best jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
can u dig it sucka
smokin' smokin' smokin' laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

finti
hey Geonosian_guard shouldnt you be out surfing with the sharks??? I hear they are hungry this time of year smokin'

Ratcat
Geonosian_guard, if you're going to tell someone else to spell correctly then at least ensure that YOU spell your posts correctly...

Oh, and read your Personal Messages if you want to avoid a public telling off.

Lastly, lay off the SIZE command, all it's doing is making your posts seem badly formed and annoying and that's a trolling habit...

Geonosian_guard
DELETED!

RC's Edit Note: Posts like this do not help. Rather than getting others banned you are more likely to get yourself banned.

Mujaffa
here's too jack asses trying to make a world record http://www.seattlestarwars.com/

TeCk-IcE
Hey Guard_man.....what the #@% is wrong with you...this is not a message board where you are going to critize people.....I think you have come to the wrong board.....If your going to continue that, you can go another place!

mad

Ratcat
Mujaffa, if you actually took the time to look into the Seatle Star Wars Society, you might find that they are more about doing charity work than earning their '15 minutes of fame.'

Don't bash them without understanding what it is they actually do.

finti
Daring stuff but kind of cool, could have chosen a more weather stabil town than Seattle though.
Getting my umbrella and sign off work for today smile

Ratcat
At least they won't need to worry about taking showers.... laughing out loud

finti
should we donate some soap

Ratcat
Or towels... laughing out loud

TeCk-IcE
Hehe...they are loosers....we don`t need to help them!!!!

stick out tongue

finti
They may be many things but loosers is not one of them. It takes som guts to pull off a stunt like this

yerssot
I get inline for EpIII now smile

Ratcat
YeCk, I refer you to some of my earlier posts in this topic.

Know what it is you're insulting before making judgements.

yerssot
smile I can easily say:

Belgians are stupid and corrupt smile

finti
and we can truthfully reply WE KNOW

Thomas H
EDIT: Deleted

ToMacco
Hey RC, I don't think anyone is making any quick judgment on those two clowns. If they do charity work, that's great. But they are morons for waiting in line for four months for a movie.

I for one beleive your first reaction is the right one. Look at yerssot, I don't know him, but I know he's an idiot! evil face (j/k yers wink )

Thomas H
Actually I dont understand the point with standing outside a cinema for 5 months, I would have understod it if it was for about 1-2 weeks but not more.
Anyway these dudes are actualy making a little documatary about it I believe!

Ratcat
The whole point is that they are trying the break the World Record for the longest wait. Thereby raising the profile of the SSWS and promting the Society for it's Star wars fandom AND it's Charity work.

In the end it is a PR and Awareness raising exercise, something charities the world over do.

I'm not being funny, but if you read the SSWS website all this in on there.

Julie
Are they really waiting there all the time or are they taking turns or something???? I'm glad they're committed but personally I've got more pressing matters thatneed attending to b/f I wait in line for AOTC tickets smile

Ratcat
Well, I think they get toilet breaks... 1 a week.

Captain REX
They must smell really bad...I'm mean really, really bad. On May 17, 2002, they'll smell worse than a public bathroom at the beach in Malibu. The floor's wet, the toilets are plugged, and hobos sit in the corner and fart every five seconds. It's true; I had to go in one once on a long drive. Disgusting.

Thomas H
Well good luck to them! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Geonosian_guard
i agree.
they must reek like XXXX!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

EDITED for Language AGAIN!

Thomas H
laughing out loud

Dim
Personally I think there's better ways to help charities... too bad they can't volenteer all that time they're wasting sitting in line to a shelter instead. In the end I think it's for attention.

Captain REX
How could you raise money to charity if your sitting in line and that's it? Your wasting time, your wasting people's money to drive there and see you sit outside a theater like a bum, and your just getting on the news. Doesn't money from my point of view.

Plus, after they see the movie, they'll spends hours in their showers and waste money on hot water and soap. laughing out loud

Ratcat
The whole point is, AND I'm getting a little sick of mentioning this, but just for the really slow witted out there, there it is again...

These guys have been doing charity work through SSWS for the last TWO YEARS. SSWS has been conducting charity raising events for shelters and other good causes in the Seatle area.

YES, they are after attention!!! They are trying to raise awareness of the SSWS as this will only help with their charity work in the future. This is something that a LOT of charities do. They are just two members of a large Star Wars club.

If people just took some time to look at the FACTS before throwing out their critisism.... It's easy to bash something or someone without the facts to hand, especially if those facts render your opinions rather moot...

Ushgarak
I very much agree with you, RC.

And I hope you don't mind, but I have been virtually repeating your arguments on the Jedi Outcast forums where there seems to be similar uninformed criticism against these people.

Ratcat
No probs Ush, thing is, people who have done charity work understand that a Chairty needs to raise awareness of itself, as well as the money...

I should just say that if people have an opinion that these guys are dumb, well that's fine, but don't say things like 'They could be doing real charity work with their time" because that's just missing the point entirely.

yerssot
opinions can be wrong, huh Ush? big grin

ToMacco
I think RatCat is one of the two guys, and he's talking to us on a labtop! rolling on floor laughing

Captain REX
Who are you calling slow-witted?

Anyway, how do you get to the Jedi Outcast forums? This site is great, but I want to have a second forum going for me, because sometimes this will go a little slow. Not trying to offend anyone, I just want another forum to go to when this hasn't been updated.

Thomas H
May the force go with them!
laughing out loud

finti
as long as you`re on the net why dont you just try and search for it . Or is too much work??????????

Thomas H
Right!!!!!!!!!!! mad smokin'

Ushgarak
It is one of the official Lucasrts forums. I got there via the Jedi Outcast home page, which I got to in turn from Lucasart's website.

queeq
How cunning. big grin

Thomas H
laughing out loud

Captain REX
Don't laugh at me! sad

Thomas H
Sorry evil face

jedi212guy
Oh, feel free to laugh at him. wink

Thomas H
OK!
laughing out loud

Thomas H
laughing out loud

Captain REX
Jerk. wink

I went to the site. Very boring. On my very first post they felt like I was an idiot because I didn't read some very long thing they wrote.

jedi212guy
Yeh, one thing that annoys me is when I have to read 3 pages of posts to cetch up with the topic. Grr.

Captain REX
Ha ha.

Thomas H
smile

Captain REX
I have just learned some very disturbing news. Last night I went to www.aldera.net and guess what I found...

Some radiostation in New York was on the line with one of the guys in Seattle, waiting for the Ep. II movie to come out in May. (Stupid guy, no?). The guy at the radiostation asked the guy in line if they could do anything to make his stay in a van outside the theater more enjoyable. This is what is very sicko... he answers "A stripper." That's right, the radiostation sent him a stripper.
Aldera.net had pictures to go with the story. First it's just the guy and the striper standing outside. Then they are in the back of the van. Then she's taking off her clothes (not including bra and thong). Yep, she's a stripper alright. Go to www.aldera.net to see them, but beware, she's missing her clothes. eek! eek! eek!

ToMacco
Hmm, those guys are fat nerds. Figure that out. I didn't see that one coming roll eyes (sarcastic)

They havn't seen a girl nakes since they accidentally saw their moms naked. Ick.

Thomas H
probably not! laughing out loud eek!

Captain REX
I think they are there more for publicity now. It's nasty! *Goes into acting mode and does a lisping, retarded voice* "Hi, I'm sthome guy in Stheattle waiting for the Sthtar Warsth movie to come out at the theater. A radiostation sent me a sthtripper."

Ushgarak
Of course they are there for the publicity! As RC has said a hundred times, this is to raise awareness of their group for charity work! The whole thing is a publicity stunt, and that is no bad thing.

Captain REX
Having a stripper sent to them will raise some awareness! eek!

Ushgarak
Well, DIDN'T it?

Captain REX
While they are lucky from a certain point of view, I'd ask for something else (maybe). big grin

Thomas H
Hehe laughing out loud eek!

Ratcat
Sent: 21 January 2002 22:44
To: SSWS Members
Subject: An Update from the SSWS's "Waiting for Star Wars" Line

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that all is well here outside of the
Cinerama in Downtown Seattle. It's a little cold but we have blankets and
propane heaters to keep us warm.

Check out pictures and the like at http://www.WaitingForStarWars.com

We're planning on having the next Star Wars Anonymous meeting here at the
theatre. For those of you who are unaware of the Star Wars Anonymous
meetings (aka SWA) they are just fun meetings we have on the first Wednesday
of every month to meet each other and talk Star Wars. More to come on the
next meeting.

We're also going to plan a few other fun activities here while we all wait
in anticipation for the next Star Wars installment! In the meantime, every
Friday night we're inviting all SSWS members down to the theatre to chat,
order pizza and have some fun. We've done this for the past 2 weeks and
have has a blast.

More news on how the line event is going to work once we get a better
picture as to how it's all going to play out. First we need to have the
Cinerama officially announce that EPII will play there, but rest assured, we
plan on have a blast with this.

Also, make sure you check out the message boards on the website, lots of
people chatting up a storm. Stop by if you feel compelled and here's to a
fun filled experience to Star Wars EPISODE II.

Let the festivities begin!

http://www.SeattleStarWars.com
http://www.WaitingForStarWars.com

"Yes, we're waiting 4.5 months outside of the Seattle Cinerama theatre for
Star Wars. Why aren't you?"

Just so lot can ***** about them some more. wink

Julie
Thanks!

Thomas H
smile

Thomas H
Well, just a 100 day more to the clones atackk.So may the force be with you guys!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.