LotR as a whole; what do you like most?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
OK, I was curious about what makes people here on KMC such absolute LotR nuts. wink

So now here is another question. I'll have trouble voting for this myself... I don't think I know what to choose for. I think I'll go for the first option but I'm not quite sure yet.

nazgulinthedark
i loved the costumes, they looked so...athentic...is that a good word..not thrown together and people put research into them

Nilfalathiel
I suppose I just absolutely adore the lore and languages, although geography and history was an incredibly close and almost equal second. It's just amazing how Tolkien could create such races and place alongside them these rich languages. The way it's written - why, it almost seems like it could really be a spoken language used in everyday life.

Though isn't lore somewhat akin to history?

samIam
I put costumes too cuz I am obssessed with costumes and desgin !

Maikahyandowen
hobbits. those guys are so awsome! and elves, with their unending coolness.

Aurora
I voted for the geography and the history!!! I just love that even tho it is a story, you can research it and learn about a culture and history that isn't yours or isn't even real. It feels real!

azszhz
i like everything about Lotr but i love the way that tolkien made such a powerfull world and how peter jackson put that world onto film so well
its just truely amazing

Maikahyandowen
that too. and Nazgul.

Exa
The first three, but mostly the second and the third. They are what makes Tolkien the best author in this world.

sauron
the way that you could go through it with a microscope and a fine tooth come...and still find but a small amount of faults because he checked EVERYTHING over MANY years of writing

Kitoky
Duuude watching Nazguls screech back to back and watch them go from horse to Fell Beast...love love

PippinTook
I voted for the "universe as a whole" one because I can't decide! Although I have to admit, my second choice would definately be because of the hobbits wink Especially because of my Pippin, of course! Hehehe....

Oh hey Aurora, I LOVE your new Dom icon stick out tongue I see you took the one Kit gave you, huh? I love it!!!! big grin *drool* Dom....Oh wait....Mine's Billy sowwy big grin *drool* Billy....

Chapel
hey you forgot to put "because it has got Orlando Bloom in it" stick out tongue

Only joking of course.

PippinTook
Ahhhh don't start that Chapel!!!! stick out tongue Not EVERYONE loves LOTR because of Orlando!!! I'm one of those fans who likes LOTR for LOTR not Orlando or Elijah or whoever.....Sure I love Billy Boyd but he's not the reason I love LOTR.....He's ONE of the reasons, but not the MAIN reason! I am so sick of hearing how hot Orlando is!!! That's the only reason you fricking people love LOTR, isn't it??? mad Argggg....

Sorry, I'm not in a very good mood right now.....

Chapel
ive always wanted to see that casting session

PETER " okay so we have got left"

FRAN "we have got so far, the hobbits, the wizards, the orcs, the dunedain & men, the dead, the high elves, the Nazgul, the trolls, ents, mumakil, watcher inthe water, ponys, fell creatures and gollum all done, whos left?"

PETER "ohh I remember now we need some wood elf totty to pull in the giggling girlie dollar!!"

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue & big grin only kidding

Olando Bloom is a great actor and helped greatly in the amazing presentation of Legolas in the movie.
hes going to be a massive star I think, though im not to sure about his slightly pathetic moustache.

Maikahyandowen
HEY!!! no racking on Elijah. the movies are awsome, but he does add a little something to it. just like billy..... and dom.......and haldir..........and orlando......

azszhz
everyone in that movie, and the books too, contribute to the greatness that is The Lord Of The Rings

pip-foot
you need another option: EVERYTHING! i put the first, but my second would be the hobbits cuz pippin's a hobbit. but, i like LOTR for LOTR not for billy/pippin or anything else about the movies. i liked it way before the movies. people who only like it for the actors or whatever annoy me!!!!!! mad

azszhz
calm down the Lotr is great for everything and now that the movies are out that includes the acters but everbody, or mostly everybody, here knows that the books will always be better

Maikahyandowen
weeeeelllllll........... that's debatable. Sam is a little bit better in the movies than in the books. less of a cringing servant. and the relationship between Aragorn and Arwen was clarified somewhat, less obscure than it was in the books.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.