ROTK extended edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firithlotwen
i don't know (i didn't seach) if there is or not a thread with this subject but i wanted to discuss this info i found in a web page

it could be a spoiler, i'm warning you

as i'm a newbie i can't post links, so i'll spell it

w w w (dot) e l f e n o m e n o (dot) c o m

it's in spanish so i'll translate the highlights

also i recomend you take a look because there are good pics

it says that a person named Sir Darkside sent them screen caps which could reveal the entire EE of ROTK

confused please beware this could be a spoiler, so don't read it if you aren't sure confused

.)Saruman's death: different from the book (remember? in the shire, a scene that doesn't happen in the movie) when gandalf, aragorn, legolas, gimli, theoden, etc arrive to isengard and meet merry, pippin and the ents, it seems that gandalf and saruman have a little chat and somehow saruman falls into a wheel with needles or sth like that, and he dies (there is a known picture of it) Also it seems that legolas kills grima, he shoots an arrow which seems to miss and the wind corrects its direction so it hits wormthonge

The scene is similar to what happens in the shire (like in the book) but of course different (?) gandalf breakes saruman's stick/wand taking away his power, theoden (instead of frodo) tells grima he doesn't have to follow saruman and saruman says that grima murdered threodred, and grima answers 'you told me to' and saruman says 'and you do everything i say, don't you worm?' and possibly here grima kills saruman

.) gimli and legolas could have a stupid "drinkin-contest' in meduseld, possibly to untie the helm's contest

.)there is possibly a scene before going back to edoras in which aragorn comforts eowyn

.) frodo and sam in the crossroads? (in spanish it's "la encrucijada"wink , acording to the picture-guide of ROTK Frodo says here 'a long time ago this lands were part of the kingdom of gondor, when there was a king and the west was strong'

.) we'll have more scenes of elrond and arwen, and possibly we'll se how eowyn gets really sick (whitout clarifying why) We'll watch the trailer's scene where elrond says 'you gave up your life's grace, i can't protect you now' (or sth like that, in spanish it's a little bit different and i don't remember what elrond says

.) The farewell between merry and pippin it's longer and more emotive. In clear allusion to their TTT's dialogue, when merry tells pip that if saruman and sauron wins they won't get back to the shire, merry says 'we'll see the schire again' meanwhile he gaves pip the tabacco as we've seen in te movie

.) merry gives his loyalty to theoden: just like pip to denethor, merry does like in the book. We've seen some scenes in some trailer 'i got a sword, i offer you my services, king theoden' 'i take it gladly, you'll be meriadoc rohan's "escudero" (which means shield bearer, i don't remember how it's in english), and you'll ride with me' This scene has been seen in a national geographic documentary of ROTK

.) in the path of the deaths, aragorn, gimli and legolas will suffer a skull-avalanche that were fabricated with effort by the weta guys

.) the scenes where we see aragorn beated and legolas confortin him could belong to the come-out from the path of the deaths, basing this on the comments of the pictures from the movie album. so it introduces more dramatism by giving sensation that the deaths haven't responsed to their call, but having let them pass (maybe because being a gondor's king) And it also lets place to legolas speech which appears not only in the book but also in the movie's album: 'the deaths are behind us... i see shapes, human and horses.. blah blah blah',making reference that the deaths are really going to aragorn's call

.) possibly we'll see the scene of the attack to the corsaries. remember a while ago we knew that peter jackson will appear in a 2-minute "cameo" as a corsary capitan (cameo is when the director appears for a short time in his own film, like hitchkock used to do)

.)when gandalf and pippin arrive to minas tirith, pip asks gandalf 'gandalf, why do they custody a dead tree?' Gandalf explains that the white tree has faded with gondor's decadence. the citadel's guardians protect the white tree, being confident that it, like gondor, will flourish again

.) in the dvd advance we've seen gandalf and pippin lookin from a wall in minas tirith. it's a good moment to tell a little bit of gondor's history, minas tirith, the tree, the stewardes, etc

.) possibly we'll see how denethor is mad with faramir for letting frodo go with the one ring 'boromir would have remember of his father, he would have brought me a king's present'
we may also see denethor throwing in faramir's face that he estimates more gandalf than his own father 'boromir was loyal to his father and not a wizard... blah blah'

.) in a day appeared in somewhere (i don't know what it is) the cast of ROTK where actor wi kuki kaa would play ghan-buri-ghan . We may see the woses in the EE

.)we've seen in the dvd advance the orcs hitting minas tirith door with a smaller "ariete" than the grond (don't know what it is, but there is a pic)

.) the confront between gandalf and the witch king will be a surprise. firs of all, the scene where the king witch says he'll take care of the wizard will now be completed, buy not like in the book. the witch king will intercept gandalf and pippin while they are going to rescue faramir from the fire, in his winged-beast in a scene we've seen a part. in the fight, the witch king will break gandalf's wand (just like gandalf broke, at least in the book, saruman's in a demonstration of his power) But then the rohirrim's horns will be heard and the witch king will go away. this scene has sense to make more important the fight between eowyn and the witch king, but in the EE we'll only see gandalf and the witch king have a verbal confront (not like the book) at the doors of minas tirith, when it's torn down by the grond, both in horses and without any of them winning

.) we'll see gamelin die in the pellenor fields battle. we'll also see how eomer cryes theoden and eowyn deaths (like in the trailer)

.) in the official books there is reference to denethor's palantir (according to the album 'the sightseen stone that denethor keeps in the white tower' or sth like that)

.) according to the latest video, it seems that aragorn and gimli kill gothmog (the orc which looks like sloth in 'the goonies' or with some of the caracters from 'bad taste')

.)it'll include the houses of healing shoots, in which we'll see how aragorn heals eowyn and faramir, and how they fall in love. in the movie album there is a picture of aragorn healing faramir and in the footstep it says ioreth's name and her phrase 'old stories say that the hands of a king are the hands which heal' (or sth like that)

.) we'll see how aragonr approaches gondor's empty throne, in minas tirith

it says more, i better make another post...

.)

Lord_Andres
thx for the info dude
I just can't wait, btw do you know when it'l be releast??

Leog14
Hey , yo te entiendo but that's mad cuts from the Theatrical Version. Maybe it's cuz if these parts when in than it would have made ROTK 4 hours long. Interesting....................

Firithlotwen
.) the cirith ungol centinels: in the movie, sam comes down the road and he sees the centinels........ suddenly he's inside. in the official videogame (by electronic arts) we can see how when sam approaches, the centinels's eyes shine red (here is a quote from the book i guess) this could indicate the scene where sam takes galadriel's light so the centinels let him pass

.) after cirith ungol rescue, sam and frodo come out in orc's disguises... and then they're found by a bunch of orc which take them as desertors, and make the two march with them towards the black gate. the orc chief hits them with a "latigo" (uuf how you say? well, a latigo is like a rope...indiana jones uses one...) and there is the scene we saw in the movie with the orcs heading morannon, and in which we hear an orc shout 'come on' (or sth like that)

.) we also espect to see how sam and frodo leave the disguises and wear again his old clothes

.) basing on the guns and battles book (sth from the black gate) aragorn could reveal himself to sauron just after the last deliberation, meanwhile sauron shows aragorn sick arwen
this last part we saw but inserted in aragorn's dreams
in the dvd advance we could see how aragorn tells gandalf that's been a while since sauron was defied (it's defied the word??? it's late and i'm getting tired of translating messed) , even though he could be saying this to elrond in the sagrary scene where elrond gives him the sword
so aragorn pretends to distract sauron showing himself as a king, and goes to the blak gate whit an army (in the book guns and battles it says 500 men but it could be a mistake, for 5000 is more accurate)
This also explains that aragorn is the one with the idea of distracting sauron with the palantir, and he leads gandalf, eomer, legolas and gimli
and over all, his look when he's dressed as a king
In the book, after aragorn uses the palantir in hornville ("cuernavilla" in spanish) pippin sees him older, and in the movie, at morannon we see him 'older' with straight hair

.)the speech with sauron's mouth changes completly the meaning of the last battle at the black gate
in the EE we see how aragorn, eomer, gandalf, etc approach to the black gate when sauron's mouth appear as the black gate opens (he has pointy teeth and helmet) and shows them frodo's mithril shirt (that the orcs took him in cirith ungol), and tells them that frodo is dead (like in the book!)
so they go back to their army and battle, not to gain time for frodo but for pure grief and despair. when aragorn says the last two words 'for frodo!' the meaning is completly different in the EE because it refers to revenge frodo's death

.) merry could be injured in morannon because of the pics where pippin holds merry, with their helmets on which don't correspond to those in the pellenor fields battle (plus there is no olifant lying behind wink )
it also is said that maybe he isn't injured buy he is in a lot of pain because of the other wound suffered in pellenor from the witch king, by being so close to the nazgul in morannon

.) according to the guns and battle book, the east will have a lot of importance in the battle inside minas tirith, once their gate falls. It also certifies how eomer is being crowned king of rohan and will endure the alliance between rohan and gondor

.)also we'll see the two weddings missing: aragorn and arwen's and faramir and eowyn's
possibly we'll have more scenes of the farewell of the members of the fellowship of the ring
we could also see the scene in which arwen sings a song, asi liv tyler said

.) also remember that phillippa boyens says that galadriel's voice would end the triology just as it began
this epilogue may be amplified, with the destinys of legolas and gimli, or the famous phrase arwen repeats in all the interviews 'now, my lord the winter hasn's come blah blah blah'

ok this would be all it says.........
sorry for my poor grammar and lack of vocabulary, i did my best and without a dictionary!!

i think some things could be true, but other are pure speculations.......... but i like to know what other fans think

remember to take a look, despite being in spanish, it has pics, and just to follow it, i think each paragraph is a .)

i'll go to bed now, perhaps tomorrow i'll read your thoughts

bye!!

Bar-en-Danwedh
GOTHMOG is the name of the second in charge nazgul (the witchkings' leutenant). He's the the one with the chipped sword that has a big iron diamond shaped hilt-stop. (thus my signature joke below).

the only other gothmog was the leader of the balrogs.

i've forgotten the name of the puffy one finger orc.

gothmogs' sword below...

Firithlotwen
quick answers
in the page it says the release may be postponed because it took more time than pj thought and he's with his king kong movie now, so we don't know sad
btw i'm not a dude, i'm a girl!! wink
and leog14 gracias por entenderme!! smile
bye!!

Bar-en-Danwedh
oh yeah, and ROTK EE is 4hrs15min

Exa
Gothmogs sword, this is? cool eek!

Its always presented as "ringwraith blade"

glenn
I was watching something to do with the ROTK the other week and it had an exclusive interview with P.J. and he said that the original un-cut version was near enough 6 hours long. I suppose that this year they might bring out the special extended edition but only the one like the other two are and then the next year, the whole 6 hour version.

P-NuT
thanks for the heads up

Exa
1) Short video already online

2) Two pics online, one unfortunately too light to see anything; i posted the head of the Statue in the Pic-thread

3) A VERY good shot; pic appeared some weeks ago

Thx for the infos!

Exa
@Firithlotwen
Can you give an exact link? The start page cant load properly for me and I cant see any of the links smile

I love this pic

http://www.probuem.ru/gallery/albums/lotr3/24_G.sized.jpg

see here for drinking thing
http://www.elflady.com/legolasgreenleaf/multimedia/lotrclips.htm

Firithlotwen

Sifer
That sword which was shown is a Nazgul sword. The Witch King has his own unique sword (which he doesn't have in the 1st movie due to him being in disguise smile)

Aurora
I finally made it thro reading all of that and I can't wait for the EE. If the EE has half of what that says then we are all in for a huge treat!! Oh I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!! More of Witchy and Merry !!!!!!!

azszhz
I would love to see more of the witch king and i hope merry is in there house of healing thats one of my favorite parts in the book
i was sad to not see it in the original version

Bar-en-Danwedh
okay...
the swaord i showed above belongs to gothmog leutenant of the ringwraiths but is marketed as simply "ringwraith sword"
below is a picture of the witchkings' sword which was in the first movie.
(i got a copy of the sword after seeing it in the first movie)

the others have diferent swords.

muse5
Houses of the HEALING!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYAYAYAYAY! sorry, couldn't contain myself, this is confirmation that it is going to be in the ee, happiness, all the other stuff is good too, but that's what ive been waiting for

orlandoOYEA
Wow that is so cool. I hope they actually do include all of that stuff. *daydreams about going to Target and holding in hands ROTK EE* *heavy sigh*

orlandoOYEA
He he he,"So its a drinking game, and what exactly is the point"

orlandoOYEA
None of the pics are showing up on my computer. I mean the pics for the site. Does anyone have them?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.