E3 script on daforcedotnet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The One Part 2
I heard from a friend that the script for Episode 3 was on theforce.net message boards recently. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone read it? What's your opinion? Discuss.

yerssot
discuss? what? every big site has a synopsis of how EpIII will be like, not only that fanboy site roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shadowkiller
they have onewe good fan script i saw a few months ago but no real one

The One Part 2
This is the alleged first draft. He said he saw it a couple of days ago. Not a synopsis, but the actual screenplay. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen it. I'm very skeptical, but if it does exist, I'd like to read it. Discuss... as in "Coffee Talk." Perhaps you've never seen Mike Myers in the Saturday Night Live skit. From many years ago.

yerssot
pfff! there is no such thing as an "actual screenplay"
Star Wars is all about being a big secret, for example, Portman only got parts of the script where she needed to be in, the rest of the movie she has no clue about only knows what she sees from the set and such
the only people who have the entire script as one piece are GL, Rick, Knoll, Burtt and perhaps Nick, but that's about it I think

Rebel Racer
yea, it'll be a while before we see the actual screenplay, dont fall for any other false crap, especially ss's.

The One Part 2
I don't think my friend was lying, maybe just misinformed. If nobody else has seen this alleged script, then it was just a fan fiction or some other bullshit. The Episode II script was a great big secret, too and it made its rounds around the net. My friend did bring up a cool spoiler, though. Anakin also most kills Sidious with his scream when he finds out Padme is dead. It's supposedly what cause Palpatine's face to be so grotesque in ROTJ. If it's true, it would really show the power of Anakin.

sith_darth_jay
ok, that's a new one... i don't think that'll happen

fanfiction my friend

yerssot
the epII script was not a script, it was all the spoilers and spyreports taped together and from that they made the story up
even got some lines and such, but it wasn't a script like the real meaning of the word

and the rumor/spoiler about Anakin his scream and Sidious having to protect himself is already known for some time, and if I'm not mistaken it was already hinted at in a Hyperspace Chat with Rick McCallum about if we will see new jedi powers

The One Part 2
It sounds great. I hope it isn't just bullshit.

Darth Jello
the best episode III outline on the web is at a site called shadow of the sith. it is constantly updated through the message board and is essentially a colaborative effort by people all over the net.
www.thetrukstop.com/starwars

The One Part 2
yerssot, supershadow had the E II script on his website line for line. There were a few scenes cut out, but it wasn't just "all the spoilers and spyreports taped together and from that they made the story up
even got some lines and such." It was an actual script.

Darth Jello
and lucasfilm tore him a new cornhole for it

Darth Jello
i would also like to again emphasis that there is no better EP III outline on the web then at shadow of the sith

yerssot
yeah, he took the one from theforce.net and claimed it for his own

swmovies.net, aldera.net, episode-x.com, and quite a few other big sites had the script too roll eyes (sarcastic)

Member.
we'll know when the movie comes out.

The One Part 2
But you said in a previous post that there was no Ep II script. Which is it?

yerssot
you refered to the taping together of rumors and spoilers, and incidently called that the script which it was most definitly not

that thing you call "script", was started first on TFN, and when they had to remove it, sites like swm, e-x took over and THAN mister rip-off took their scripts

The One Part 2
I never mentioned the "taping together of rumors and spoilers." I asked about an actual script. Nowhere in my posts did I use the terms outline or synopsis. Considering that the Episode II script I read on theforce.net and supershadow.com followed the movie line for line, I assume that it was more than the "taping together of rumors and spoilers." Trust me, I know the difference between a synopsis and a screenplay.

yerssot
than I apoligise, but the point is, there is no script as in the true meaning of the word that was placed online with AOTC nor with EpIII.

what is on those sites is what the webcam/HyperSpace/spoilers revealed and taped together in a story, not that someone stole a script or something and placed that online

rustiswordz
Fact is IMHO with all the spoilers out there all the fan-synopsys all seem to follow the same rough story pattern, so i feel that weve already seen a fairly accurate rendition of the forthcoming 'officcial' film.

Ushgarak
That was, quite famously, a scriptment. It was not a script as such,- as yerssot described, it was a cobbling together of all the known leaks, storyboard previews, scene spy reports and trailers. Which is why it was not exact... but as we know, by the start of 2002 it was a 90% accurate view of AOTC.

So it was indeed a collation, not a leak of the actual script. It was just well done, so yerss is correct to point out it was not literally the script. There will almost certainly be one put together for episode III as well.

yerssot
ush, there is already one for EpIII on a few sites ...
(ah, and thanks, was trying to remember the correct word)

Ushgarak
I don't think there is enough together yet for it to be reasonably called a scriptment.

yerssot
oh, fairly enough to get the big lines and some details, just barely any dialogue is known now

The One Part 2
Ush, I am telling you the one I read was word for word with the film release. The only thing cut out was the Anakin/Padme romance. It was more like 99% dead on. Nobody is that good that they can take spoilers and leaks and make a scriptment that close.
On another note, I read the Ep III synopsis on Ss.com a few months ago. I don't think it's even close to what the movie is going to be. Any of you have a better outline to read?

Ushgarak
Sorry, The One, but I don't believe you, simple as that. There was no leaked script, only an accurate scriptment. TFN never claimed to have any such thing as a leaked script, and SS only used a copy of their scriptment. You cannot just come along and tell us it existed like that when as people who make an effort to keep up with this sort of thing we know otherwise. So if you got that impression, that it was a leaked script, then I am afraid you are wrong- unless you can somehow directly prove otherwise which is impossible.

I HAVE the scriptment, and I know how accurate it was, and I know a lot of people THOUGHT it was a script and your idea that no-one could put it together from leaks etc. simply is not true. I believe yb the time the film came out, they had pretty much the whole thing, with the odd error like the staring senate debate still in, and the last two scenes round the wrong way, and so on. Watch the one for ep. iii come together and you will see.

Send what you had to me if you really want to nail it down.

The One Part 2
You don't make any sense when you say that a fan can take spoilers from around the web and make a scriptment that matches at least 90% of the dialogue in the movie. Someone would have to have rough draft of the script or have seen the movie to match the dialogue. It would be easier to claim it was the novel then a script that is completely dialogue driven. Prove me wrong.

yerssot
so... you want people to prove that you're wrong when it's obvious that YOU have to prove you were right? that's ... lame...

The One Part 2
Yerssot, At this point in time there's just no way to prove myself right. The script I read is no longer on any of the websites I have visited. I have searched my computer, but I must have deleted it. It was in Acrobat form if that helps. It would be too easy to pull a copied script off of a site and call it the one I read. I am saying that someone can not take spoiler info and turn it into a script that mirrors a movie without reading a rough draft or seeing the movie. And if someone has a copy of the script, they are obviously posting the script, not a smattering of spoilers with a little dialogue thrown in. That's what I want proven wrong. I'm not saying that I read a leaked script or anything of that nature, but the dialogue matched exactly. It had to be from one of the shooting drafts.

yerssot
of course you don't have the script cause you never had the script! you had the SCRIPTMENT

and apperently you didn't read it clearly, cause at the start it always says that it's based on speculations and that it's not the real deal wink

djee TOP2, there was dialogue known by the spoilers and spy reports, just like there are dialogue lines known for EpIII. Just not many yet, like it was the case with AOTC

The One Part 2
OK. You stay in your little world where someone can write a scriptment simply from spoilers and nail 90% of the dialogue without ever seeing any draft of the screenplay. That is the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard. I must have forgotten that you are the world's ultimate authority on all Star Wars info on the web. Nobody could possibly have seen something that you didn't. Maybe we should bow down and kiss your feet. Check out the script on supershadow.com and tell me how the dialogue is so precise without ever seeing the script oh wise one!

yerssot
you could pipe down that tone of yours
if I made it seem that I claim to be the ultimate authority on SW, sorry, not the intention
but if you think that I or most of the people here will take you serious cause "it was on supershadow" bad luck, no one believes that crap here

The One Part 2
I was just using it as an example as it is the easiest to find. While it is obviously not the actual script from the movie, it is dialogue driven. Nobody, no matter how talented, could write that simply from spoilers and rumors circulating around the web. Whatever source they used, it definitely came from the film script. This is like what I read about a month and a half before Ep II.
Yes, you are correct that it wasn't entirely accurate in that the Anakin/Padme romance was deleted, but noted and the Yoda/Dooku fight was different. The dialogue was dead on, though. The dialogue is what makes it impossible for someone to create from rumors. Whether or not you believe me or not, you have to agree with that.

yerssot
well, read this: http://www.swmovies.net/episode-ii/scenebyscene/
hasn't been updated after the movie as you can see and they were spot-on too, after a few details, shows you that you don't need a script no matter how hard you try to believe that

The One Part 2
You beieve what you want. I know what I read and I'm sick of trying to explain it to you. It is NOT humanly possible to create a 280+ page script that is at least 90% correct just from reading spoilers on the internet.

Member.
Some fans have really great imaginations, it's possible.

kittypuff
Gosh, I may be somewhat naive here, but not having seen supershadow's site PRIOR to the release of episode 2, I am wondering if the script was put on the site AFTER the release? Or, forthose of you more familiar with the supershadow site, was it on BEFORE the release of Ep 2? I just assumed that it was put on after the release of the film, with a few mistakes to make it LOOK like it was, at one time, a script. I don't believe ANYTHING I see on supershadow....so like I said...I just assumed it was posted AFTER release? Am I correct, or not?

thanks! smile

yerssot
depends on how money he could make of it laughing out loud

The One Part 2
It appeared about a month before the release.

yerssot
than I urge you to look at episode-x, tfn and swm, they already are busy with EpIII MORE than a month before the release

The One Part 2
I have read the things on Episode-x, Tfn, and the official site. I still have seen nothing that comes close to the screenplay. I definitely agree with you that someone could give a detailed scene-by-scene summary of the whole movie with some dialogue. Most of us will known the movie inside and out before next year.

Member.
it could happen though. if or one want ep3 to be a surprise, so i'm not gonna nose around the net trying to find plots etc.

kittypuff
Ok, I went to check out the "script" on supershadow andother places. It seems pretty apparent to me, judging from the date is was posted, thta it was posted LONG after the movie aired. It also is not an accuarate representation of the actual script. What I see there, is a representation of what we SAW ON SCREEN. The actual script had MUCH MORE to it, that was written, filmed, and then DELETED during editing. Those scenes DO NOT show up in this script....in addition, anyone familiar with the star wars DVD who has heard the commentary on said DVD, has probably heard rick maccullum (I think it was him) say, when they shot the opening sequence, R2D2 was completely forgotten and was not in the script (obviously, or they wouldn't have forgotten him!), and was added CGI MUCH later after shooting. If he had been IN THE SCRIPT, as in the scripts online, they would have put him in....that's what movie makers do....they follow scripts. So I would have to say, this script, no matter WHEN it was posted, was posted by somebody who MAY have had insider information and MAY have seen the movie prior to release (like a test audience or something). But it is not the actual SHOOTING script. Does that help? Prolly not....but I tried. I put in my two cents worth! erm

kittypuff
BTW....REAL scripts do not include motin picture viewing information like "Camera Equipment by
PANAVISION

Digital Film Masters Recorded on
ARRI

Soundtrack Available on
SONY CLASSICAL

Read the Novel from
DEL REY

LUCASFILM THX
IN SELECTED THEATRES

DOLBY DIGITAL
IN SELECTED THEATRES

SDDS
IN SELECTED THEATRES

DTS DIGITAL SOUND
IN SELECTED THEATRES:" as taken from the supershadow site.

That is something copied from a movie screen. So prolly from someone viewing the movie with a taperecorder in their pocket or something! lol That info doesn't go in a script....not sure where that "script" came from, but not the shooting script!

yerssot
because it's still more than a year away wink

The One Part 2
Yes, I know. I think the dialogue is going to make or break this final movie. The other two have taken so much criticism, I 'd love to see Lucas bounce back with a film that will leave an impression for years.

Darth Jello
AGAIN, GO TO www.thetrukstop.com/starwars FOR A REAL, SPECIFIC PLOT OUTLINE COLABORATIVELY COLLECTED FROM ALL THE MAJOR SITES AND MANY FANS FROM ALL OVER THE WEB!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.