can any one speak elvish??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gollum_Gal
Ellen sila lumenn omentilmo.... amen mela lle elven.... Lle quena i'lambe tel'edalie?????

lkotbr33
NO! of course not unles u look up a lot in the books

shadowy_blue

shadow link
the two that used elvish, wat kind is that coz it seemed to me to speak sindarin coz people said that thats mainly wats used in movies and stuff and i tried to learn it but i didnt have enough resources, give me somehting to learn from and illl rip into it, but anyway from wat ive learnt thats not the same as sindarin unless your just makin it up coz i know some words like i which is im and u used a, wats the deal, someone explain coz i need to learn it but im at a dead end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix
Queyna is used in the movies, but Sindarin is the one that most people know...

shadow link
hmmmmm, people said its sindarin in movies, which one am i supposed to learn and were from !!!!

but i did notice some sindarin words in the movies( i still think they use sindarin) like melon-friend and hannon le-thank you

Kitoky
They used mostly Quenya in the movies but in the books, I think mostly Sindarin is used.

Exa

Phoenix

Phoenix
hope it helps! wink

sauron
WHOAH PHOE

oh an i posted your aaarrrggghhh thread...would that be any good

Phoenix
yes, thanks!

I'm gonna do some research into what others think... we've got an old thread about in the HP fourm somewhere...

Exa

Camellia
Where did you find all those phrases from Phoenix?!?!

They're fantastic! And it's....Quenya, right? Oh foo, I'm afraid that my lack of knowledge regarding Elvish really lets me downsad

Phoenix
I get it off the net! I'm nost sure what language it is, I just know its elvish... I've got one which is based on welsh, which is apparently what tolkein based his elvish on...

Exa
NO mad its not Quenya ITS NOT QUENYA IT ISNT ANY ELDARIN LANGUAGE
Its Isdira!

Phoenix

Phoenix
WOAH!! I didn't realise it was that big!

sauron
ok exa *hugs* calm down...its just a language...ok chill big grin its going to be ok

breath

breath

just think soon i shall be in your country

Camellia
Alright, alright, I'm sorry to cause such offence!!!!!

Phoenix
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t10964.html

Phoenix
I luv your siggy

I never mess with Hobbits! wink

sauron
its her job to ask questions after dark

Camellia
Why thank you, Phoenixbig grin

And yes, very funny, sauronstick out tongue

Actually, it was funny, I laughed out loudbig grin

Exa
Ok
Thanks
*breathes*
*breathes*
Okey
its all good, exa,
nothing will happen
*breathes*
the world wont end
nobody will be harmed
*breathes*
*hugs back* thanks again...

Sorry no offence meant
but I simply get so angry when people spread a some totally different language on the net and call it "elvish"
and then people run around shouting "I speak elvish, I speak elvish" just because they know two or three sentences of Isdira.
I hate misinformation about Tolkien-related stuff sad

@phoenix nevertheless thanks for finally a good list of Isdira stick out tongue big grin I never could find more than a few expressions when searching myself

sauron
stick out tongue big grin stick out tongue yey

sauron
yeah i love tolkien yey im going to read silmarillion again big grinbig grinbig grin

Camellia
Worry not, I had no intention of running around like that!stick out tongue

sauron
yeah shes stays where she is

because

theres talk of starnge folk abroad, cant be too safe

Camellia
Heeheesmile

I'm rather excitable nowbig grin

Phoenix
*hugs Exa*

Exa
*hugs back*
smile

*copies wordlists*

Camellia
La la la, excuse my random happiness. I have finished all my homework for the week and completed my investigations that aren't even due in until next week! I have spare time to write fanfiction, change my web site and spend all my time on here!!!

Sorry, off topicstick out tongue

Gollum_Gal
lol yea thats what i learned..... its elven...... right not quenya

Exa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.