The end of the green lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I heard that Qui-Gon's green saber,that Obi-Wan used to kill Maul was burned with him.Do you think this is true?

Dim
No..I would think that OB1 would use it until he built a new one..

theEviljedi
That's what I thought and hope is true.

Darth Daft
I think Obi-Wan will keep the lightsabre as a sign of respect for his master Qui-gon. When Jedi Apprentices are constructing their own lightsabre they are supposed to give it a similar look as their master's lightsabre as it shows respect, so Obi-Wan keeping the sabre would be just as good.

Gundark
Obi-Wan will definately keep the saber whether he uses it in the future or not. I don't think it was burned with Qui-Gon's body because GL would have made a brief point of noting it....however I recently found it (which I confess I did not know before) that in ROTJ, Luke burned only Vader's armor, NOT the body. What happened to the body ? I would think it would have disappeared like Ben and Yoda if Vader had made his peace with the good side before he died on the flight deck. Any ideas out there or am I way out on the rim of the Anoat system ?

Dim
The body vanished like Ben's and Yoda's..smile

King Jedi
But as we didn't see that in ROTJ then how do we know? It could have something to do with those prequels which I hope Lucas never makes.

Darth Daft
Do you mean sequels?

Ratcat
If they had just burnt the armour, why lay it is a pire like that. A funeral pire would seem to indicate a body of some description. Armour would b e better in a compactor if empty.

Darth Daft
Yes I agree. I actually like to think that Anakin didnt disappear and was burnt like Qui-Gon.

Ratcat
It would make sense. If GL had planned for Anakin to vanish then he would have shown it on screen.

It would also go to show that a Jedi body does not have to vanish to be truely one with the force.

theEviljedi
Read the ROTJ novel.It will tell you.

Jedimaster3838
In an interview Rick McCallum said that Anakin's body DID disappear, and that, yes, only his armour was burnt.

Darth Daft
Well that sums it up then I guess. Also, I think that MOST jedi DON'T disappear and only Obi-Wan and Yoda are amongst the few who do. It seems no one was surprised to see Qui-Gon not disappear and I could imagine most Jedi having their funerals like he did.

Ratcat
But are the novels canon??? They are written by authors BASED on the screenplay. Therefore anything extra may not actually hav e happened. I know there is an appoval process but, well who knows.

EJ, what dopes it say in the Nove? Mine in the attic somewhere.

darth stu
why burn the armor? would it even burn?

Jedimaster3838
I am pretty sure that the armour would burn, I can't see why not. As far as why it was burned, I am guessing that Luke felt Vader was truely dead, and by burning the suit, it was sort of redeeming his father even more.

Darth Daft
I just read part of the novel and in the scene where Luke burns Vader it says that "Vaders lifeless body lay there still" or something like that. Therefore, Vader did not disappear and he was burnt just as Qui-Gon was. Also in the novel it says that after Luke strikes Vader down on the railing he drops his lightsabre. So Vader's lightsabre was not burnt with him.
Even if the novels do not count as cannon I think Lucas would have approved this to be in the novel and therefore Vader definately didn't fade away.

Darth Heinous
Does it really matter if Master Qui-Gon Jinn's lightsaber is cremated, dissambled, or if Ben keeps it? He won't be needing it anymore.

theEviljedi
Vader losy his saber when his hand was sliced.smile

Darth Daft
Yes that's what I said in my last post. You naughty little theif, EJ. smile

theEviljedi
No you didn't Daft.You said he droped his saber.Actually he lost it with his hand.To different things.smile

Darth Daft
When I said he dropped it I meant the actual sabre fell down the shaft, so essentially it "dropped" down the shaft. Really our points were the same, just put into different words. But its not important anyway, so I ain't gonna start blabbling on about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.