Ah, sleep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
Isn't sleep the greatest thing and the worst thing, i either have too much or too little, for example i got up at 7 this morning, watched tv posted a little, made breakfeast, but by 11 i had to have a lie down cus i was exhausted and so i had another hours kip.

any ideas how i can have less sleep and not need to sleep after 4 hours of doing nothing?

mechmoggy
There's no getting away from it sandy, but sleep is cool - hell I'm asleep right now. cool

sand person no. 10
I've heard of walking (i've done that before apparently) but never typing in my sleep, impressive, so very impressive.

Gundark
Take a nap in between.

Ratcat
And then there are those pecky things like working.

I was up at 7, at my desk at 7:10. Breakfast at 9, more work until 1pm, then thought I better have a shower and get dressed.

LOL, I love having my office at home. big grin

sand person no. 10
i'm toying with the idea of working from home, sleep when you want, work when you want, ah tv, Neighbours, sleep, job insecurity, no money. fantastic.

Dim
I don't think I'd like working at home...I tend to get depressed because I don't see anyone.

Ratcat
That would be called a social life. To be honest the last people I would want to spend my downtime with are those from work.

I keep my friends and my work seperate, otherwise you just spend your social time discussing what went on in the office.

Dim
While I can see your point I still need some social interaction at work.

Ratcat
Depends on the job I guess. Most of my work collegues don't even work in the same part of the country as I do so being in the office was pretty pointless.

The advantages for me are immense,
No clock to punch
No commute
Start when I want
Lunch when I want
Finish when I want
Free Phone, Data and Fax Lines
All I have to do is put in at least 37 hours a week and everyone is happy.

queeq
Sleep the sleep that knows no breaking? evil face

Dim
Yes we know RC...your life is soooooooooooo wonderful roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

I"m glad you're happy but I think for alot of people telecommuting can be a double edge sword..depending on how much contact and face time you have with your boss. I think you could tend to be overlooked because you're not "there".

But hey, if it works for you then it works for you..that's what's important.

Ratcat
Yep, it is now.

Do I detect a hint of jealousy, tell us, how was the drive to work this morning? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Personally I'll take more of seeing the people I wanna see and less of seeing the ones I don't wanna any day.

As for being overlook. Well I work in a company that has embraced the tele-commuter principle so everyone is in the same boat. Can't be that bad, they gave me a raise just a few weeks before Christmas so I don't feel over looked.

Yes, life is certainly fine. big grin

Dim
Jealousy? Not at all..
I need my drive to wake up...I've found that if I don't get enough transition time between home and work and get to listen to the radio then I tend to feel a little rushed..

I'm glad it's working out for you....and I'd expect them to give you a hefty end of the year raise for what you do for them...just make sure they don't forget about you the rest of the year..if you know what I mean.

Ratcat
Well, they're giving me a better car in August. big grin
(If I decide to stay, which I probably will)

Interesting about the transition between sleep and work though. I'm the opposite, once I'm out of bed then everything just kicks in. It's the bit between the alarm going off and pulling back the duvet that I have trouble with... laughing out loud

ToMacco
I like sleeping rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
Yes, it's a pity you don't do more of it... laughing out loud

ToMacco
I don't think that's possible.

If I was asleep any more than I am now, I'd be dead.

Ratcat
See, everything has an upside. big grin

ToMacco
Hmm, I walked right into that one.

Edna Witch
Need Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Long train journey yesterday, up ALL night doing revision. Exam at 9 o'clock this morning. Spent all afternoon lugging boxes of books up flights of stairs. Now I have to eat, revise for another exam and if I am lucky get some sleep too. Think I'm gonna die. Lets see. I have now been up for 35 hours! Oh my god! I used to do this sort of thing at the drop of a pin when I was 16. I just can't do it any more! NEED SLEEP!

ToMacco
Then sleep! Quite an easy solution, if you ask me! smile

Edna Witch
I can't! Not yet! lIKE i SAID, at the moment I am eating and then I have to revise some more

ToMacco
Well, you're eating a poison apple, which will put you to sleep.

Edna Witch
No I was eating mash potato actually. Right got to go. Flow diagrams to be drawn and learnt!

ToMacco
Good luck. If it were me, I'd put sleep over work. But maybe that's why I got laid off! sad wink

yerssot
It's hatefull!
I'm sleepy at 0 o'clock, and I'm getting up at 7, sleepy till 12 o'clock.
Awake from 12 AM till 5 PM
and then from 5 till 7 PM grumpy, from 7 till midnight grumpy

ToMacco
You're always grumpy, yers. wink

yerssot
yes, between 5 till midnight, can't you read?

ToMacco
Yes, I can read. But you are always grumpy stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I am totally and utterly sick of sleep in any form at all.

ToMacco
That's because you drink too much coffee.

Ushgarak
Don't like coffee. Or tea, or cola.

ToMacco
Okay. What the hell. You don't like coffee, tea, soda, booze.

What do you drink? Do you hate milk, water, juice?

You're not a vampire are you, Ush? You don't drink blood, do you?

Ushgarak
No, my brother is a vampire though.

I like Lucozade! Or Gatorade if I am Stateside.

And Orange Juice. And Sprite.

Hate milk but like water!

ToMacco
Ush, my friend, you need to change your diet. You need milk. It's one of the most important things you can put into your body.

And Sprite is a soda. We call it 'pop' here.

Ushgarak
My diet is fine, thanks. Milk gives me the runs, anyway.

yerssot
you don't like cola but you like sprite?

ToMacco
ick, no milk for Ush, dammit sad

yerssot
definitly on topic!
Sleep, let see: I'M GRUMPY, but NOT old, mind you!

ToMacco
You old crabby bastard! stick out tongue

yerssot
hmmm crab...

ToMacco
You have crabs? eek! eek! eek!

mechmoggy
Eeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuw! eek!

Ratcat
But they're completely different.....

queeq
*wakes up*
Oh, hi.

mechmoggy
Go back to sleep and dream about the dull thuding sound of edam on windmill. laughing out loud

queeq
But.... but.... but.... I'll be on topic then. eek!

finti
its the price you have to pay evil face

queeq
Forget it. I'm staying awake.

finti
"Sleep, sleep tonight
and let your dreams be realised" U2

ToMacco
This thread is putting me to sleep evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.