Important Note From The Butler!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nastybutlerbob
I know this is long but please read it.

Ok, Some of you out there may be interested in doing horror projects of your own and these are the people that need to read this. Lately I have been workking on a video project with My close friend CJ and my beautiful girlfriend Nikole decided to help us. We were shooting a scene where I abducted nikole and placed her bound and gagged into the trunk of her car. We rehearsed the scene several times and everything went beautifully. We rolled the camera and started the scene. The shot was setup like this. CJ was lying in the backseat shooting into the trunk, I had my Nikole on the outside of the trunk. I opened it and laid her in, like we had rehearsed and went to shut the trunk. I was originally planning on slamming the trunk as hard as i could because it doesn't latch correctly. Instead I slowly closed it, and while I was closing it the bar that connects the trunk lid to the rest of the car hit my poor girlfriend on the corner of her eye(if you touch your eyebrow you can feel the corner of bone that lines your eye socket. Thats where she was hit.) This resulted in an emergency room visit. No major damage. But now my precious girlfriend has a knot on her forehead, bruising on her eyelid and no senstaion in several places on the right side of her face. She will get feeling back in about a week luckily.

The point of this is had I went as planned and slammed the trunk Lid I would have killed my girlfriend. So I am using this experience to warn others. A great director never compromises. That includes never compromising the safety of your actors and crew. Look for any possible way that someone helping you can get hurt and eliminate that threat. If you can't eliminate it, do something else. But ALWAYS be careful. You cannot understand the way I feel right now knowing that I hurt someone that I care so much for by not paying attention and not looking out for her safety at all times.(Considering she had her hands behind her back and a gag in her mouth, and couldnt yell for me to stop or put her hands up to stop it herself.) Luckily My beautiful girlfriend does not hate me and is helping me with a few more projects in the future. Why I am so lucky I have no idea.

BE CAREFUL AT ALL TIMES!! THE ONLY ONE WHO SHOULD BE WILLING TO DIE FOR A FILM IS THE DIRECTOR!!

tabby999
damn man, close one

BackFire
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Lesson learned.

tigida_tigida
well at least you learned a lesson and that she was not seriously hurt or killed

herion addiction not a pretty sight i went to a friends ona saturday night i walked through the door and this is what i found......spoons and dirty needles lying around i thought to myself how could i help him maybe he's another mother f*cker with a drug problem, hes not intrested in any thing i say hes only intrested in one thing and thats his next fix with all the smack coming in on the big ship and he doesnt realise the pain and the agony that hes causing for his friends and his family.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.