wot makes a Muggle a Muggel ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pixie1
confused
What is the Definition of a muggel ? is it ...............

A) someone who has never had anyone who could do magic in the whole of their family history since time began

B)someone who had magic in their family but it died out 100s of years ago though marriage to muggels

C)someone who had magic in their family but it died out years ago because of a squib

if your answer is B or C then couldnt Hermione actually be of magical decent ?
Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Trickster
Someone who can't do magic and is ignorant of the magical world.

Rachel Riddle
he/she doesn't need to be ignorant... hermione's parents are muggles and they aren't ignorant....

i guess someone who hadn't had magic in the blood since a specific number of generations... the actual definition..puhh..you gotta ask jo! wink

Trickster
Naaaaah I don't agree.
A muggle can't do magic... A muggle's parents or single parent isn't a magic-user. If one can use magic then I s'pose they are still a muggle, not a squib.

If both parents use magic, and the child can't they are a squib - not a muggle.

Rachel Riddle
i mean it is like the jewish people in hitler's time.. if there wasn't a jew till the 3rd generation, the man/woman was official not a jew, if there was sumbody, he/she was a jew and was killed....sad

and when er..lets say.. aren't a wizard in 5 generations..it is a muggle and not a squib! i imagine that like that....

there's a little magic within all of us! wink

Candy
um i think a muggle is still amuggle if his/hers father can do magic but the mother cant!? so a muggle cantdo magic and one parent cant.... ???

Rachel Riddle
nope.. i don#t think taht's a muggle, if the one of the parents is a wizard!

Candy
ummm i dunno...
ohhh has any1 jos email laughing gotta ask her SO MUCH wink

Rachel Riddle
yeah, i know what you're feeling... *sighs*

Trickster
if you don't live within the magical commuity, and you can't do magic. And you're parents couldn't either you are a muggle.... Although what happens if iyou are raised by a muggle parent after the witch/wizard parent left you?

Rachel Riddle
er..that means, that when the grandparents could do magig, but both your parents can't and you life in muggle area, your a muggle?

i don't think, that it matters where you life or how you were raised! only the blood counts...

PrefectRonnykin
squibs are full blood wizards that can't do magic right??

Trickster
yeah

hhhhr
muggles don't have a drop of magical blood in their veins according to rowling

airangel429
I found this at HP Lexicon

"Muggles" are non-magical people in the parlance of the Wizarding World. Muggles are for the most part oblivious to the entire society of magical people which exists alongside their own. Part of the reason for this is that Muggles simply don't believe that magic exists, which means they find non-magical reasons for the things that happen to them . Another part of the reason is that the Ministry of Magic works very hard to keep the Muggles in the dark. When a Muggle sees a dragon, for example, the Ministry sends operatives called Obliviators to use Memory Charms to make the Muggle forget all about it. The Ministry hides some Wizarding places with Muggle-repelling charms; this is why Muggles don't see Hogwarts for what it is. Many Witches and Wizards look upon Muggles kindly, but some see Muggles as nothing but a nuisance and a bother. The Ministry enforces a Muggle Protection Act to ensure that all of the Wizardling World stays securely hidden from Muggle eyes. To most Witches and Wizards, Muggle society is essentially unknown. When they try to act like Muggles, the results can be humorous indeed. Hogwarts teaches a class called Muggle Studies where students learn about the ways that Muggles live and how they survive without magic.

weegie
So then are hermiones parents muggles? cus they know that hermione is a witch!

airangel429
Well......good question.............maybe it's different if its your child...etc.... but to be TOTALLY hidden from it all and then see a flying car....well that would be bad! (like in CoS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.