a 2nd Underworld

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kateishott
I think they should make a 2nd Underworld since the first one was awesome and the way the ended it maybe they could make something out of it? and I jsut wanna see Kate Beckinsale in some leather-tight clothes haha big grin

Fire
I assume underworld is a movie than it is in the wrong section

BackFire
moved to movie discussion.

Kes
Arent they already making another?!

Fallen Jedi
Tha'ts what I thought too.

MovieKiller
That's great I loved the first one! I hope it is better!

Punker69
i just saw it.its really awesome

SaTsuJiN
didnt the first one sever each bloodline? so whats the point of making a 2nd one?

Lord Soth
Ideas that I've heard are that it talks about the story of Michael and Selene becoming fugitives from both vampires and lycans

A 2nd one is indeed being made, and it's in pre-production already, I believe. Usually in the case where the first movie isn't exactly well-received, the sequel almost always gets better buzz

maynards
they are actually making a 2nd and a 3rd underworld

Kateishott
Awesome i cant wait selene is so hott big grin and the movie was just awesome as hell so i can't wait till the 2nd comes out. Any idea when it might be coming out?

Kes
Well Marcus, the vamp descendant from the 1st immortal, "drinks" from the blood off a lycan, the guy Selena captures and explains the whole story roll eyes (sarcastic) for Viktor and the viewer. So I'm assuming he turns into something like Michael).
So the most likely story, IMO is him vs Michael and Selena.

Kateishott
IMO? whos he and what of Marcus since he seemed to be awakening at the end of the first one?

The Unknown
IMO = in my opinion. And read what she says above. She states what happened to Marcus.

And before the first one came to theaters, the test audience loved it so much that they started on the sequels.

The One Himself
A 2nd Underworld? Oh no... no

Kateishott
waaaaat u dont want another underworld! how can u not wanna see a hot ass girl (kate) kick some lycan ass in tight leather clothes big grin

The One Himself
Nothing against tight leather clothes... stick out tongue but....I am not a big fan of Underworld....I just did not see anything new in the movie...sorry... confused embarrasment

Lord Soth
That's what everyone thinks, I just like being contradictive big grin

Evil Dead
Underworld wasn't all that great...............I rented it, I watched it.........no need to watch it again. The plot could have really used more back story on how the Vampires and Lycanthropes actually come from the same blood line, which was mutated due to one man's immune system being resistant to a plague. They glossed over this in a 2 minute conversation. It should have been built up much more in the film.

I might check out the sequel if I get really bored...........not a high priority watch for me.

Kes
Yeh, If they had a flashback with that or even starting with that would have been better.
The transformation into lycan looks pretty cool thou. It wasnt great or new but I've seen worst.

The One Himself
Ah c'mon....The transformation In "An American Werewolf in London" 23 years ago is 1000 times better.. mad

Kes
Yeh that movie has a good transformation too. But this one looks cool too.

VengeanceGOD
further proving that something real STILL looks better than something made with a computer.

The One Himself
Yes, but you know, some things made with the computer are quite good..But it's not Underworld's case...I mean : the effects are ok but they are not awesome...

Kes
I think the transformation rocks!
The scene where the lycans are running on the walls is really stupid thou roll eyes (sarcastic)

The One Himself
roll eyes (sarcastic) "ultraviolet light bullets...." laughing sick laughing stick out tongue

Lord Soth
It's improbable but definitely not impossible.......

Phoenix
I think there will def be a new Underworld -- after all, they set it up for a sequel at the end of the movie, didn't they? Cos all that werewolf blood trickled down the hole to that ancient vampire, and his eyes opened and they were black, just like Kate's little vampy-werewolf boyfriend.

KharmaDog
I just saw underworld and thought it was a great movie, I thought the story was really good, and I liked the fact that the person you thought was the bad guy in the beginning (the head werewolf guy...forget his name), was actually the good guy or "victim".

I won't argue about whether I liked the effects or not. That point is argued too often, I think the story is what's important, and the did a good job in this move.

And for the person who questioned the validity of ultra violet bullets....come on, get a life, you were watching a movie about werewolves and vampires, do you believe those can exist too?

Phoenix
yes big grin

Phoenix
I want the groovy bullets... big grin

Lord Soth
The creators of the movie explained that they only wanted to explore the scientific parts of vampire and werewolf lore as opposed to the mystic (i.e. the vampires have reflections, the loooong genetics speeches), so if you think about it, bullets with irradiated liquids inside are entirely possible

The One Himself
use fluorescent lamps...it's cheaper wink roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wolfie
Back to the discussion of the Underworld sequels, the novel of the second one is coming in May, I can't wait. It's most likely going to be about Marcus becoming a hybrid. The third movie is said to be a prequel about Lucian and Sonya.

Underworld - Mostly about vampires (not enough lycans!!!)
Underworld 2 - Mostly about hybrids (c'mon, Michael and Marcus...)
Underworld 3 - Mostly about lycans (love life about Lucian and about the slavery of the lycans)
- Just a thought of what they might be doing.

Gangrel
I loved the movie. I saw it when it first came to theaters. The as soon as it hit the shelves, I bought it. The only real disappointment with the movie that i saw what the vampires lack of power, Yeah yeah, the strength and speed superior to humans, and obviously weaker then the Lycans. but i wish they had added in a bit of the White Wolfe Rules. That had a huge range of power, from Obtenebaration, to Thaumaturgy. It would be awesome. to add those in.

Lord Soth
^agree. The vampire's lack of physical power is rather disappointing. Hopefully they'll give the vampires the ability to morph into a vicious bat-creature sometime big grin

Kes
Viktor seemed pretty strong.
The lycans running on the walls was the lamest messed

Lord Soth
Viktor is only that strong b/c he's an ancient. The older you are, the more powerful. It's sort of a rule with immortal creatures

Gangrel
Yeah the older you get the more power you control.
But the wolfies wall walking i personaly liked. It was an awesome show of strength. Now if only in the beginning Selene or one of her partiners had crawled down the towers like a snake. That would have been interesting. I cant wait for more info on Michael, he was great in the end, but it would be a pitty for the only way for vampires to get some powers is to become a hybrid. big grin

Kes
Sounds fair to me.

stinkfist462
i cant wait for underwolrd 2 !!

VengeanceGOD
Ten bucks says they call it Overworld. smile

Lord Soth
I'll take that bet

Gangrel
I'll take that bet too! LOL

stinkfist462
same ..

SaTsuJiN
I really like the character that kate beckinsdale plays. She did so well as that ''I do what I must to get the job done'' kind of female role. Hopefully they wont call it "Underworld 2". I would prefer they do something like Underworld : Marcus' Awakening or something with a sub-title rather than a number

Lord Soth
Yeah, subtitles are always better, but everyone's going to end up calling it Underworld 2 anyway

DragonWarrior14
has anyone heard anything about the DBZ movie?!?!?!

Lord Soth
I can't think of anything offhand, but i'll look for you

The Unknown
Try the DBZ Movie thread.

Kateishott
Dude the move is jsut ****ing awesome overall and i cant wait for a 2nd one and what not your right it could ahve used some touch ups on the plot and how the lycan and vampires came fomr the same bloodline and what not but still it was awesome as hell and agin...i jsut want to see salene in soem tight leather suit :-D and some automatic .45 usps smile Happy Dance <that thing is awesome

Lady Bri
Underworld is a very good movie! i can't really understand why the critics hated it. i'm glad they're coming out with two more but i hope kate and scott are both back too yes

Kateishott
Ya i dunno why teh critics didn't like it too much but I thought it was awesome and they are making 2 more and that is all that matters to me and i hope that kate adn scott are back too we'll see i hope they dont keep me waiting too long now smile

Kateishott
Hey its been a while but im still excited about the second underworld :-D other than taht i had one question in the end the blood from that doctor dude drained into Marcus's cofin and it woke up marcus why did his eyes go black I know he was a decendent of that special guy but didnt he need a special type of blood for that to happen?

chilled monkey
kateishott: The reason Marcus's eyes turned black was because he had become a hybrid like Michael. As you point out, they were both descended from Corvinus, the first immortal. Thus they both had the capacity to become hybrids. The Lycans thought that because Marcus was already a vampire (i.e. the Corvinus strain wasn't 'pure'), he couldn't become a hybrid. They were wrong.

Kateishott
o...thank you for explaining that now I understand smile any idea wat year the 2nd one is supposed to come out? anyone?

Lord Soth
Early reports say a summer 2005 release

Elektra_lover
I can't wait for the info to start to flow and we find out what its aboout caz Underwold was great and so will 2+3

Kateishott
Dern yall be hatin on da movie I thought it was awesome and now I see they got a release year for the 2nd one :-D I cant wait its going to be awesome I think we'll let me know if u find anything else about teh 2nd one please plot new characters wat please let me know!! thank you

Cinemaddiction
This is one of the strongest evidences against the storyline being predictable. If someone comes right out and says something can't happen, given Selene's knowledge, and it indeed does happen, it puts a major spin on things.

Just thought I'd throw that out, to counter all those "predictable" claims out there.

<<Solo>>
I don't believe it made nearly enoug money to make a sequel.

Lord Soth
It made 3 times it's budget: It made plenty for the purpose it served

Lord Soth
Cine= I love your sig and avvy big grin

Cinemaddiction
Gracias, decided it was Selene's time to represent.

Lord Soth
Yeah, I had Selene on my sig for a while but now I want a Kill Bill one

Kateishott
True that smile good point well..I just saw Metallica last night in Norfolk,Va..it was crazy so ima go back to bed let me know if yall find anything else about the 2nd movie please

kali99
agreed.. I didn't see a sequel coming at all

setoneup
i havent enjoyed such a fantastic movie since both blades
i cant wait

Kateishott
Ya I didnt think they would make a sequal but now that I know that they are Im glad and cant wait for it to come out :-D

Lord Soth
I've got my ear to the ground and my eyes peeled for any news, so I'll keep everyone posted

Kateishott
ok awesome

Lord Soth
Filming is going to begin in September 2004 big grin

silver_tears
does no one but kes believe in spoilers anymore no expression

Lord Soth
huh what do you mean by that?

Kateishott
Ya i cant wait just read the article about her conferming it so thats awesome cant wait and i just read..taht Resident Evil 2 is coming out in september big grin kinda off subject..but i wanted to see it so ya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.