Top 5 Coolest Jedi!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geonosian_guard
Mine are.....
1. Kit Fisto.
2. Plo koon.
3. Anakin Skywalker.
4. Yoda.
5. Mace Windu.............

Yours are......
evil face evil face evil face

ToMacco
Obi-wan, Yoda, Luke, Ani, Chewie

TeCk-IcE
Hmmz, ToMacco,,,,the same 5 as I

stick out tongue

Thomas H
Me I am the best jedi! laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
Chewie would have been a good jedi.

He's a crazy little hariy bastard! cool

TeCk-IcE
Yes...that was what i thought about...

People would have feared him!

master harmax
The all time greatest Jedi ( in descending order of most powerful ) :

1. Yoda
2. Anakin
3. Mace Windu
4. Ki Adi Mundi
5. Obi Wan

King Jedi
Top 5 cool Jedi -

1. Qui-Gon
2. Yoda
3. Luke Skywalker
4. Obi-Wan
5. Kit Fisto

mah
coolest:
1. Qui-Gon Jinn
2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu
4. Ki Adi Mundi
5. Obi-Wan Kenobi

yerssot
hey! And the Sith??? why can't you use them??

Ushgarak
Because they aren't Jedi, genius boy.

yerssot
who knows... perhaps fallen jedi?

Ushgarak
Not actually members of the Order, though.

yerssot
threadtitle is talking about Jedi, Dooku is one smile

finti
I must say Luke, Obi Wan, and qui gon. Havent seen any other jedi`s in action yet to talk about and neither have none of you stick out tongue

JediOasis
1. Luke
2. Old Obi-Wan
3. Yoda
4. Young Obi-Wan
5. Mace Windu

ToMacco
Who the hell is Kit Festo? And Ki Adi? What is so cool about sitting in a chair, becuase that's all he did in TPM

Geonosian_guard
lol
kit frsto is a badasssssss
but ki ad is weired!! big grin smokin'

ToMacco
okay, who are they though?

queeq
Didn't we have a thread lke with before? Complete with poll and all?

yerssot
why don't YOU check it out then?
I'll be sitting right here big grin

Captain REX
Ki-Adi-Mundi is the Jedi Knight from Episode I sitting in one of the chairs. He's on the Jedi Council. He's the one with the very tall head.
Kit Fisto is a new Jedi Knight from Episode II. He leads an attack with the clonetroopers and Jedi army. He's green, has Rodian eyes, and has tentacles like the Twi'lek flowing out the back of his head. Go to the New Pictures Online thread to see him.

Top 5 Fav:
1. Yoda
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ep. I & IV)
3. Anakin Skywalker
4. Kit Fisto
5. Qui-Gon Jinn

Bottom 5 Fav:
5. Adi Galia
6. Plo Koon
7. Ki-Adi-Mundi
8. Luminara Unduli
9. Barris Offee
10. Count Dooku (only last because he's a dark Jedi)

Top 5 Fav Sith:
1. Darth Maul
2. Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku)
3. Darth Vader
4. Emperor Palpatine
5. Darth Sidious (Same person as Palpatine, but Palpy's cooler as the Emperor, not some guy that sends people to get killed and sits on his fat ass)

yerssot
Maul rules smokin'

Geonosian_guard
mauls dead...
anakin rules!!!!!!!!!

rock on... stick out tongue

Dim
Ever so insightful...

Anyway...It would seem that we're going to be getting alot of cool new looking Jedi..hopefully some of the females will stand out this time. Though I doubt it.

Captain REX
Adi Galia is cool, and Luminara Unduli and Barris Offee I haven't seen in action yet. If they kick butt, they might go up a few spots on my charts. Adi uses that cool back-handed grip. She holds the lightsaber facing out or down instead of up or in like the other Jedi.

master harmax
Vader's definitely more powerful than Maul. In a showdown between the two Vader would kick Maul's ass. Vader's got the highest midiclorean count of all the Jedi's ( including Yoda ). Maul may be more acrobatic and show off some Kung Fu shit, but that's more an issue of filming ... the early Star Wars movies were filmed more than 20 years back and film making techniques then cannot be compared with what it is now ... if the early movies had been made today, I bet Vader would have been shown to be a much more formidable and powerful hand to hand combat fighter than he was shown in the first 3 movies - and he would have come off even scarier and darker. In fact I bet in Ep.3, although his basic appearance will be the same, he will be shown in a really more darker and terrifying way, much more scarier then Maul could ever hope to be - kind of Darth Vader year 2005 version. After all he WAS responsible for the almost total destruction of the Jedi - I think in Ep.3 he's going to TOTAL Mace Windu in single combat.

master harmax
And one more thing ... ultimately only Anakin ( / Vader ) was powerful enough to destroy Darth Sidious ... Luke was overwhelmed ... even the supreme Jedi master Yoda with all his strength with the force couldn't even figure out that Palpatine was a Sith Lord ... and that too despite constant interaction with Palpatine for over 10 years. Even Mace Windu, Ki Adi Mundi and the rest couldn't feel or sense there was anything suspicious about Palpatine. Sidious managed to mask his identity for years on end from Yoda and all the other big time Jedi for years on end, although he dealt with them in person everyday. That probably makes Darth Sidious the most powerful sith lord off all time ( considering Yoda's been around for approximately 900 years out of which for 800 years he's been teaching Jedi Padawans and deciding who were fit for the training and who weren't ) - and that makes Anakin definitely one of the most powerful Jedi off all time ... even after he got his hand cut off by his son he still had enough in him to pick up Sidious ( lightening bolts and all ) and throw his ugly mug into the bottom of his Death Star.
Maul by contrast would have been easy pickings for Vader in his prime.

Ushgarak
I answered your comments about Vader's sabre fighting in another thread, inacuurate as they are, according to George Lucas.

As for defeating the Emepror, you are right. But Vader was NOT in his prime by them! His injuries were crippling.

queeq
I find that so odd. I think GL came up with that "old men and cripples" only when he started making TPM. I mean, it's such baloney. OB1 is supposed to be in his early 60s in ANH. Dooku is at least that, he even looks older. And with the non-aging principle for when he was young, he will be like an old old man in comparison to OB1.
And then QGJ was only a few years younger than the ANH OB1, so that's not a big difference. The TPM book said QGJ was slower but still much better than most.
And THEN, the ANH OB1 could not beat Vader, So I guess Vader was at least as good as the TPM QGJ.....

Thomas H
Who is mace windu and ki adi mundi??? smokin'

queeq
You'll know after seeing AOTC.

yerssot
you already know them actually!

queeq
Not personally.

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)
I wasn't talking about THAT

Ushgarak
Obi_Wan's skills have lapsed, queeq. So being old is a severe handicap to him. Not for Qui-Gon, who is at the height of his powers.

It's not baloney at all.

Besides, you say the ANH Obi-Wan could not beat Vader... but nor could Vader beat him. That was a perfect standoff.

In any case, that's how GL wants it, so live with it.

bigsef2
If obi-wan hadn't seen Luke in ANH, eventually, either he or vader, would have won. The fact that Ben sacrificed himself then and there leads me to beleive Ben knew eventually he would lose. Why let Vader kill him if he thought he had a good chance of winning? If he thought he had the ability to defeat Vader, he could have killed Vader then and there, and saved Luke the trouble.

Ushgarak
He knew that the chances of escaping where getting fewer and fewer. And when he saw Luke it occurred to him that he really wasn't achieving anything, and it made sense to do the 'Ghost' thing anyway.

There is nothing about that fuight that suggests either fighter was about to lose. Each move was well-countered. It was, technically speaking, a very good fight; just dull to watch- bit cool in its own way.

bigsef2
yes, ush, as i said, neither was about to lose then and there. but EVENTUALLY one of them would have had to lose. they couldnt have kept fighting indefinately. eventually, i think vader would have won. if worse came to worst, the storm troopers would have blown obiwan to hell

Captain REX
I think another reason OB1 was not as good a dueling was that he hadn't used his powers for years. He hadn't dueled or had to block lasers. He just scared off people and Sand People with his Kraayt Dragon yell.

master harmax
You've got to keep in mind that when Lucas made ANH, he had no idea that Star Wars was going to become a phenomenon with 2 sequels, and after 20 years 3 prequels, and that there would be something like the internet, where nerds like me would be discussing about who was the most powerful Jedi, Sith Lord etc.
When he made the first Star Wars movie, he was looking for a great ACTOR to play the part of and aged Obi Wan, and Alec Guiness did a terrific job of the role. At that time Lucas couldn't have been intensely concerned beyond a point about trying to show Obi Wan and Vader to be athletic and highly trained martial artists as well. And the same goes for Episodes 2 and 3. Mark Hamill is not a martial artist - nor is the guy who played Vader in the battle armour ( I forget his name ). And furthermore, the vision he had in his head of the Star Wars universe couldn't have been shown on celluloid with the film making technology of the time - thats one of the reasons ILM came into being - to go beyond and revolutionize the sci - fi technology of the time. Even then, Lucas himself said when the special editions came out, lot of the stuff he had in his head was not possible to put on film in the 70's and early 80's. Only at the time of Phantom Menace with advanced technology and better budgets could he attempt to fully realize his vision a part of which was to show the Jedi and the Sith to be the powerful martial artists at the level they are supposed to be. Even so how many great martial artists do you know who are also great actors ? Bruce Lee died in 73.
Keeping all this in mind, I feel we've got to read a little between the lines and give a little license for these extenuating circumstances when we compare Maul and Vader, or Obi Wan and Vader etc. Obviously the guy who acted as Maul is a more athletic and a better fighter and looks better in combat then the guy who played Vader - but here we are comparing characters, NOT the actors who played them. If we look at it that way, Vader DOES have the highest midiclorean count of all the Jedi, he was the only Jedi ( albeit fallen Jedi ) with the strength to destroy Sidious even though already old and past his prime and his hand just cut off in a duel. Plus as the story goes Vader was responsible for the destruction of ALL the Jedi except 2 ( although quite a few die on Geonosis in AOTC ) - Maul on the other hand couldn't even handle 2 Jedi forget ALL the Jedi. We haven't seen Vader in HIS prime and that will happen only in Ep.3 - for which I'm sure Lucas will have something special planned. I'm sure we're going to see a formidable warrior with great fighting abilities in single combat and also WAY more scarier then the original Vader AND way more powerful a Sith Lord then either Maul or Dooku. Of course all this would have to happen AFTER Obi Wan slams Anakin into a burning pit, and Anakin ceases to exist and Vader, Lord of the Sith is born.
Also in the Obi Wan / Vader duel in Ep.1 I think Obi Wan was slowly and surely being overwhelmed by Vader - it wasn't really an equal battle - I agree with the point that if it was equal and if Obi Wan really felt that he had a chance he wouldn't have sacrificed himself.

Sorry for rambling on so long - I'm a little new at this Forums thing.

queeq
That's all nice and dandy. I'm not talking about the technical limitations of those days. I think it's odd that GL seems to find the need to justify that he was limited in those days. Jedi fighting had to develop by itself and all.
And an aged OB1 is bogus. As I said Dooku looks older. I think Lee IS older than Guinness when he did ANH and yet, this OLD MAN beats the crap out of OB1 (sith Killer), Anakin (Chosen One) and Yoda (greatest Jedi ever). So how can being old be a limitation to a Jedi?

yerssot
queeq, Yoda beats the crap out of him, not the other way around...

And mh, the person you are searching is David Prowse!

Captain REX
We're studying India in school. Welcome Master Harmax.

You could be right. I have no idea. I should add Christopher Lee to my fav actors list...

master harmax
Thank you Cap. Rex ... great to be here.
There are plenty of real life Jedi masters in India - without the lightsabers ( they don't need them ) but Jedi nonetheless. And Sith lords too ... they use their strength with the force for darkness.

Then there are plenty of quacks - people dressing like and pretending to be Jedi but really ordinary folks like you and me.

The real Jedi usually stay in the background, and never go out of the way to reveal themselves to be the superhuman beings that they are by displaying in a spectacular, flashy way their powers -
in Sanskrit, the most ancient and refined language in the world, the name for them is " Avadhuta " in singular. Because of their habitual inconspicuousness, it is not easy to come across a genuine master - but I've had the good fortune of meeting a few in my lifetime.

From what I've gleaned from the prequel spoilers, the reason Dooku left the Jedi order was that he was upset by the death of his former padawan Qui-Gon and he no longer wanted to be part of an order which was completely under the control of a Supreme Chancellor of the republic who had authority over the great Jedi order. If this is so, then I wonder if Dooku is aware that his master Darth Sidious is Chancellor Palpatine, the very person he had no wish to serve under anymore.

Also it is not too difficult to understand that Dooku beat Obi Wan and Anakin - Dooku is supposed to be one of the most noble and powerful Jedi ever before his fall - and he has a lot of experience under his belt - Obi Wan doesn't have that experience and he hasn't been around as long as Dooku has - as for Anakin, although he IS the chosen one, and potentially the greatest Jedi off all time, he is still a boy - NOT a fully fledged master Jedi - an exceptional Padawan but still a padawan nonetheless.

I can't wait for the movie to see Yoda in an actual lightsabre duel ... showing why he is the MASTER of them all - I read somewhere a few months back that he's going to have a gold lightsabre.

yerssot
I always hated the idea that Dooku is QGJs master

Thomas H
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

queeq
Sorry, yerss, you're right about Yoda. Although, Yoda does not beat the crap out of Dooku, he gets out fine and safe.

And I disagree with saying that OB1 is unexperienced. HE fought and KILLED a Sith. Yoda never did that and probably never will. OB1 was (in TPM) and is (in EPII, III and IV) a great Jedi. That is beyond anyone's doubt.
And yet, Dooku surviving a fight with Yoda shows in what great condition he is. My point was that AGE seems to be no hindrance for both QGJ or Dooku. So GL's justification that OB1 fought slow because he was old is nonsense. He fought slow because that was the best they could come up with in those days. At least that's fair and fans understand that.

Captain REX
Yoda is the more peaceful type, remember? Plus, he did. He killed a B'pfashi (I think that's how you spell it) Dark Jedi on Dagobah. That's one of the reasons he lived there.

OB1 had a lucky shot. He only killed Maul because 1) Maul was being a show-off and getting cocky and 2) OB1 is in Ep. IV, so he couldn't die in Ep. I.

jedi212guy
Sorry, no EU allowed.

master harmax
From what I've read of the spoilers on swmovies.net and prequel-spoilers.com, Yoda DOES beat the crap out of Dooku. I don't think that just because Dooku escapes we should assume that Dooku managed to hold is own - we haven't yet seen the movie to know exactly HOW he managed to escaped.
Queeq you're essentially right when you say that the Obi Wan fight was slow because that was the best Lucas could come up with for the first StarWars movie - Alec Guiness was not a martial artist. But, at the same time you CAN justify this by saying that Obi Wan was old and thats why he was slow. Firstly Qui-Gon was not exactly old in TPM - he looked pretty much in his prime to me. And as for Dooku, he may be old - but he hasn't been 20 years out of action living on some desert planet in the middle of nowhere - he's been taking dark side lessons from Sidious for 10 years according to the synopsis on prequel-spoilers.com - in fact he even tells ObiWan in AOTC during their fight, that since he's begun to use the dark side his powers have been highly enhanced.
What you can't justify is that Darth Vader doen't exactly come across overwhelmingly fast and indestructible in the OT either although he's the chosen one - and that's because David Prowse is not a martial artist of the calibre of say, Ray Park. And that little detail, like Queeq says is something thats fair and the fans have to understand - and not try to explain that away by saying that Vader was old, or injured, or hampered by his armour etc. etc. and THAT'S why he doesn't look like he's the greatest.

finti
well Obi wans skill may have lapsed due to the fact that he didnt get to practise his jedi "things" the last 20 so years of his life.

jedi212guy
Using a lightsaber is only a miniscual part of being a Jedi. Don't forget that!

Ushgarak
Indeed.

Personally, I have never seen anything wrong with GL's explanation of this. It's just nit-picking to dismiss it.

queeq
Well, I think it isn't.

Look it's simple. QGJ was somewhere in his fifties in TPM. He was planned to be in his 60's but that's not very feasible with the way Neeson looks.
OB1 was 25 in TPM. With 29 years between TPM and ANH, that makes OB1 54 in ANH.... Same age as QGJ in TPM. So where's the big difference, with OB1 beings "an old man", hampered by age....????

Ushgarak
The point was that he was past his prime, queeq. QGJ was not.

It's really not that difficult to identify with unless you are deliberately trying to make if difficult.

queeq
I just think ANH is a bit less because at that time SW hadn't advanced that much as a movie.

So what makes someone go past his prime if AGE wasn't the main factor here?

Darth Ninja
How can Dooku be Qui-Gon Jinn's master!? QGJ was at least 60 in TPM. That would make Dooku in his 80's at least. QGJ's master was supposed to be over three hundred.

yerssot
CAN EVERYONE PLEASE USE THE SPOILER TAGS!

I don't know where you got that one Nin

jedi212guy
You like to say that, don't you, yers?

Ushgarak
Age IS a factor. If you aren't young and agile any more, you can only make up for it with skill- skills that Obi-Wan had lost.

finti
According to who or what????

Darth Ninja
I read in TPM novelization that Qui-Gon Jinn's own master (meaning his teacher, not Yoda) told him that QJG was the best lightsaber fighter he had seen in over three hundred years in the Jedi order.

Ushgarak
Yes, the EU has QGJ down as a brilliant sabreist.

Darth Ninja
Aren't the novelizations of the movies canon?

Ushgarak
Sorry, I shouldn't have said that was EU, my mistake. The EU DOES have QGJ as a master sabreist, of course, but the TPM novel, which also says that, is not EU.

The novels are semi-canon. So unless there is ever any better reference made to either QGJ's master and/or sabre skills, that statement pretty much stands.

Darth Ninja
That kinda implies that Dooku is NOT QGJ's master. 300+ for a human (esp. a darksider) is a bit too old.

Ushgarak
Indeed. Well, that whole area is rather speculative. I wouldn't hold any firm opinion about it.

Darth Ninja
That will TOTALLY suck if Dooku is QGJ's master. I always imagined QGJ's master with a more mysterious and distant personality than QGJ himself. One other thing, who is QGJ's 1st padawan? Xanatos is 2nd, OB1 is third and Anakin would've been 4th. Who is the mysterious (and fully trained) Jedi that QGJ sucessfully taught before OB1? I'd like to say Mace Windu, but that is unlikely, since they don't seem very close.

Ushgarak
Could be anyone. It's just backgound detail.

Hey, Dooku is meant to be quite a personality, you know! But there is still nothing firm on his link to QGJ.

yerssot
EU: first one died

queeq
What I gather is that the novelisation doesn't say QGJ's master was 300+ years old, only that he said QGJ was the best sabrist since 300 years. I think he could have deducted that in other ways. For instance, maybe Yoda told him...

yerssot
doesn't matter! Eu= Eu!

Debbie
1 Obi wan
2 Yoda
3 Luke
4 Mace Windu
5 anakin before he goes bad

I still think that obi wan is the coolest jedi of them all. it is really cool that we get to see a young obi wan in action. It will be nice to see more of him in the new movie we didn't get to see much of him in episode 1

Ushgarak
Oh, you will see PLENTY...

queeq
I think so too, don't worry.

Julie
AOTC.....prob action......a few love scenes.....more jedi action.

The jedi will return!!!!!

queeq
Yup, this one MAY work.

phinney6
ob1 is the bomb

queeq
And the man!

phinney6
And the Best!

LanceWindu
And the Greatest of them All!!!

queeq
Something like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.