best death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chapel
who has the greatest death scene in the films then?

IcepicK
Saruman "T.B.C" ? what does it mean?.....

Kitoky
It means To be continued silly!

BOROMIR! BEST DEATH!

Pipage558
Even though Boromir was cool... his death scene was great!

Bar-en-Danwedh
fav. character, fav.death!!!!

"beat death everrr."

Chapel
nearly!

To Be Confirmed

Lord_Andres
Boromir for sure, also the sadest http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

Firithlotwen
i though gandalf said 'run you fools' insted of 'fly'

Chapel
sounds like "fly you fools" to me, its definitely "fly you fools" in the book

Kitoky
It's 'Fly you fools' hunny.

Exa
Boromir, Witch King, SAURON (what I voted for), Isildur and GOLLUM :]

Kitoky
I wanted to see the death of Arwen....Sorry! I just thought it'd be interesting!

*scrambles to hide from flying tomatoes*

pip-foot
Boromir's death was very awsome, although i was sad to see him die sad

enya
i voted for boromir dat was really touching cos he died to save merry and pippin and his last words were accepting aragorn

thought he witch kings death was also great

and it is fly you fools

Exa

glaurung
Got to agree with you Exa, particularly the version in Unfinished Tales or the version in Lost Tales.

I'd also add in Brandir to that

Phoenix
What about Haldir? I cried so much.... sort of, look at what we've done, death and destruction, what can possibly be worth this...

sad

airangel429
I liked Boramir's, Gollum's(cuz i thought it was quite ironic) and also when she chopped off his head!!!! that rocked!

Phoenix
But, out of the choices, I'll have to go for Denethor... so dramatic! big grin

Corlindel
Gollum!

Exa

Trickster
Saruman's not dead in the movie is he? And neithers Gandalf!!! And in the books haldir doesn't die... Bormir best death, though Haldir comes close in the movie...

Chapel
Gandalf the Grey dies but he returns as Gandalf the White to finish his great task.

****spoiler warning***

Saruman dies in the book, its the Climax to the scouring of the shire, but in The EE of ROTK he will probably die in a similar way at the hand of Grima

sauron
BOROMIR

big grinbig grin
they took the little ones!...where is frodo..."i let him go"
then you did what i could not....i ried to take the ring from him

farewell my brother...my captain....my king

Exa
"To the dismay of those that stood by, about the body of Saruman a grey mist gathered, and rising slowly to a freat height like smoke from a fire, as a pale shrouded figure it loomed over the Hill. For a moment it wavered, looking to the West; but out of the West came a cold wind, and it bent away, and with a sigh dissolved into Nothing..........."

And I also loved the death of this southron soldier on the TT EE...
Faramir: "The enemy? His sense of duty is no less than yours, I deem.
I wonder what his name is, where he came from, and if he was really evil at heart, or what lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and if he would not rather have stayed there... in peace."

In the book its described a bit differently

"Then suddenly straight over the rim of their sheltering bank, a man fell, crashing through the slender trees, nearly on top of them. He came to rest in the fern a few feet away, face downward, green arrow-feathers sticking from his neck below a golden collar. His scarlet robes were tattered, his corslet of overlapping brazen plates was rent and hewn, his black plaits of hair braided with gold were drenched with blood. His brown hand still clutched the hilt of a broken sword.
It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face.
He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace - all in a flash of thought which was quickly driven from his mind."

sauron
hehe saruman was like

should i go to valinor......but manwe was like no way man.....shoo be gone!

SilverFighter
Boromir is the saddest, but when that fool of Denethor was burning I was applauding happily!!

sauron
when denethor died i was upset

do you know his reasong for madness s-f if not you should ask because its a sad story sad

Phoenix
yay! someone agrees! Haldir, all the way!

The_Inevitable
" I would have called you my brother.....My captain.......My King..."

enya
when denethor died i laughed- i cant help it, it was funy

Isilcal
I picked Boromir- it was the saddest.. and I pitied Denethor... cuz he was a noble man once.. then the palintir (sp i kno) made him go downhill...sad

So it was kinda sad seeing him die, even tho he did make faramir sad and stuff..sad

TTT EE they showed a scene of him happy... with Boromir, but still negitive towards Faramir... but its good to see him happy w/ boromir...smile

But I chose Boromir all da way!!

Kitoky
Now stop taking the same words outta my mouth, you stick out tongue

azszhz
Borimir and Saurons
but Theodens was kinda touching

Lord_Andres
anyone else noticed that Theodens death was almust alike with Darth Vaders?

Exa
Not really... was too angry about the missing of the Black Arrow...

shaber
I voted for the Witch-king. I also felt gratified by the demise of Sauron and the end of Denethor.

shaber
Boromir's death shows katharsis or some such mediterranean stage term...

I think that the demise of a villain is a completely different matter to the demise of a good character. In the film Denethor was more villainous than in the books.

Member.
gandalf the grey's death cuz he came back as gandalf the white.

Lord_Andres
I liked him better when he was grey, he semmed so much wiser and friendlt when he was grey

eldarion
I'd have to say it was very close between Boromir and Theoden, but I voted Boromir beacuse he was so much younger when he died, therefore more tragic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.