Christopher Lee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
His character is described as a charasmatic seperatist, but is that what a Dark Jedi is? Seperate from the Jedi and the Republic and most bad guys are charasmatic.

Xizor
I don't know about him being a dark Jedi. I find it more likely he's an outspoken and influencial senator that turned dark and corrupt. He could be in secret cahoots with Palpatine while getting the republic all riled up about the clone wars and the Jedi.

UnknownBountyHunter
I agree with Xizor. When I hear Christopher Lee as a Star Wars actor, I see him as a diplomatic senator or governor who turns to the dark side, or tricks the high governmental prowess into thinking different than what's right. A dark jedi maybe, but he would be better as a Palpatine-like character. He and palpatine being a evil senator-duo would be pretty sweet.

Xizor
Here's an interesting idea. Lee and Palpatine do behind the scenes planning on how to manipulate the senate to palpatines wishes. On the outside Lee would sometimes agree and sometimes disagree with the chancellor, sometimes he appears good and other times very evil. As we know eventual the clone wars blow up in Palpatines face. Lee could take the fall for him, the senator could also be the first to be put to death by the dark side lightning. Palpatine blaming Lee for anything and everything that went wrong for him in ep2.

The Maker
He will play a VERY evil man who is the leader of the Dark Jedi.

Xizor
You know this how?

UnknownBountyHunter
Maker I am still awaiting viable evidence of your findings.

Xizor
Me too, I wouldn't have a problem with you if you said things were rumors, left evidence for them and didn't insult me and my ideas.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well, even when he can't find evidence we can't do anything about it, just ignore him.

Tom Gon Jinn
I think he's probably a High Dark Jedi, or an early commander for Palpatine's Empire, in the same vein as Tarkin, or Palp's aide.

UnknownBountyHunter
I hope your referring to Lee, Tom Jinn?

King Jedi
I just read on another forum that he will be a Bo'Marr Monk. Do you think this is possible? I don't.

Xizor
Not possible, B'Omarr monks are restricted to parts of Jabba's palace and are alien species.

Ratcat
Plus B'Omarr abandoned their bodies a millenia ago and are now just brains in jars with robotic legs.

King Jedi
That's what I thought when I read it but Lucas may re-write there history as he is doing with Boba Fett. Can you tell me more about B'Omarr monks?

King Jedi
Aldera net say he is going to play a Dark Jedi called Prince Dooku. And he will be the one who cuts Anakin's arm off.

Ratcat
Sorry KJ, I did intend to get yu some info on the Monks but it went clean out of my mind. I'll try and do it this weekend.

King Jedi
Well he isn't playing a Monk because Nick Gillard has been seen training Christopher Lee with a lightsaber. The spy report also says that he does the meditation thing that Qui-Gon did.

Dim
Cool..

King Jedi
Very Cool. I think he is a Dark Jedi.

King Jedi
I think it's accepted by most fans that he will be playing Count Dooku but here is something that I've seen that is interesting. It's just a theory.

Count Dooku is a Dark Jedi who when he was found out escaped from the Jedi and set up his home on a new planet which was populated by the Lessers. They treated him as a god because of his powers and so he started to build an army (maybe of clones or Dark Jedi) and invade planets. This is why the Jedi get involved in the clone wars. Because he was once a Jedi and is using the force. This reminds me of the story to "Apocalypse Now" and also the story of how the Sith started. Dark Jedi setting themselves up as gods on new planets.

Darth Daft
I think this is all just rumours and he will just play a political person in the senate.

Ratcat
I agree, Just because he's a seperatist doesn't make him evil (though I think he probably will be).

By the same count, if he is evil it doesn't make him a Dark Jedi or even someone who can use the force.

I haven't seen the spy report KJ referred to but if he does use a sabre then maybe he is some kind of force user???

Darth Daft
If he were to play a Dark Jedi or a Sith Lord then he would certainly be too old to be Darth Sidious's new apprentice. It would have to be a younger person like Darth Maul was. Just thought I'd point that out.

Ratcat
Assuming he's not buried beneath layers of prosphetics and makeup.

I watch a "Planet of the Apes" documentry the other day and the producer said something like:

"It takes a great actor to play a character in a mask."

Is Lee that "Great Actor"?

Darth Daft
Possibly. You never know.
Boba Fett wears a mask. I sure hope a great actor plays him.

Gundark
GL would have Lee as a diplomat or senator (even evil on the side), but not in Tarkin's vein. Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee both played evil bad guys in a lot of old movies. He's not going to cast them in the same light in the saga. He would be repeating himself and George doesn't do that too often. Lee also has enough character in his face that I don't think they're going to add prostetics to him. He's probably had enough of that to last a lifetime.

Dim
Good point Gundark...I think you're right on about GL not wanting to typecast him in the typical evil bad guy role..it would seem a little too obvious..

Darth Daft
I still think he will play a political person. There is supposed to be even more elements of politics in Episode 2 and we'll probably see more of the Senate. After all, this is the middle episode where everything starts to go wrong. The senate will be involved in trying to sort things out in the galaxy.

King Jedi
It's a bit late for Christopher Lee to be worried about type casting. I can't see him as being anything but Evil.

Darth Daft
Well perhaps its time for a change then. Maybe he should start playing some different types of characters rather than sticking with same sort of role.

Dim
Wouldn't it be funny if he became best known for SW..like Guiness was (had a respected career before but most people remember him mostly as Ben).

Darth Daft
Yeah I could imagine that. But then, that was because Star Wars was this new thing out with special effects that no one had ever seen before. Episode 2 will be a sequel to TPM and won't be as amazing to the audience as ANH was.

darth stu
if Lee is in fact Darth Tyranus and the rumor goes, some have pointed out that he is a little old to be a sith apprentice. i don't think that would stop sidious from taking him on. GL said that one of sidious' main frustrations is that he can't keep an apprentice. after maul died, sidious would need an apprentice quickly to do his "dirty work" while he remained behind the scenes. if you have this "charismatic seperatist jedi" who has possibly darker notions of the force, it wouldn't take much of a nudge to push him over to the dark side ("don't underestimate the powers of the emperor"wink. also, Tyranus (as Dooku) would likely have access to the jedi temple even if he had been away for a while. they may think him a bit loony, but no one would really suspect him of plotting to kill them.

of course, if Lee is in fact Tyranus, that means he won't be around for E3. but no matter what his role, i am very excited to see him act in GL's universe.

cheers

Darth Daft
This is highly unlikely that Valorum would return after his loss in TPM, but don't you think that Christopher Lee looks like an older version of him?

Dim
Nah..their face shapes are totally different..

Darth Daft
Oh fine then. If you say so.....

King Jedi
I've just got my copy of Star Wars magazine UK and in it Rick McCallum confirms that Lee's character will be using a lightsaber. He also says he never thought of Lee for the role as he was looking for someone "more evil".

So Lee plays an Evil character who uses a lightsaber, isn't that what the Maker told us months ago?

theEviljedi
KJ,was that you who notified TheForce.Net about this?

Ratcat
I think GL probably got Lee simply because of the "typecast" senario. I can't really see any other reason for employing the skills of such a great actor if it's not to p[lay on some of that "other film" history.

Darth Daft
I'd rather Lee play a Council Member.

theEviljedi
Or a Senate Member.

Darth Daft
Yeah too tell you the truth I don't want to see him as a Sith Lord at all. No offense but he is very old and I doubt he'd be very fast in the lightsabre duels. I want a younger person like Darth Maul to be the Sith Lord.

theEviljedi
Agreed.

Darth Daft
I think it will be diffucult making a Sith Lord cooler than Maul. I hope Lucas has a real cool bad guy in store for us.

theEviljedi
Or a bad GAL.

Darth Daft
Well whatever. Ya know what I mean.

King Jedi
EJ it was me who told TFN. The magazine shouldn't be out until DEC/Jan but for some reason mine was delivered early. He is using a lightsaber and is said to be evil but this doesn't mean he is a Sith. He could be a Dark Jedi or maybe a Jedi who joins Palpatine. Later on in the magazine the co-screenwriter describes the character as being "the perfect gentleman", this is probably the charisma.

Darth Daft
Perhaps he is evil but not force-powered. Perhaps he is like Han Solo in TESB and just uses a lightsabre despite being a Jedi or Sith.

King Jedi
Maybe but that means he will be using it for fighting so he must have some skill or he wouldn't stand a chance.

Darth Daft
Good point. I'm hoping he's just a Dark Jedi then. I don't want him to be the new apprentice of Sidious.

King Jedi
I still say he is the head of the Dark Jedi. But why they are so Dark I don't know.

Darth Daft
An army of Dark Jedi against an army of Jedi Knights would be so cool. Imagine there being hundreds of lightsabre duels on the screen at the same time.

King Jedi
That might be confusing as they all wear the same clothes.

Darth Daft
Yeah but I don't think it would be that difficult to tell different duels apart. You could watch it over and over again each time paying attention to different duels.

Jedimaster3838
I just want to see a large scale battle involving lightsabers. If there are thousands of Jedi in the galaxy, lets see some of them.

Darth Daft
Yes George should make use of those computers and now that he has the opportunity to make a battle like that, he should do so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.