Peter Jackson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TeCk-IcE
It`s still a mysthery for me....how he could suddenly make such a great film like lotr.....his earlier movies was f.ex...braindead...a total trash movie...hmmz..I think it`s weird..

mah
well, braindead is not a trash-movie, but it was just a film he made with some friends. and he has made different movies too, like 'heavenly creatures'

TeCk-IcE
But he was never a big director before lotr.
He never had his breakthrough before lotr.
And he made "weird" movies before lotr.
hehe....see my point?

mah
yeah, I see your point. It was quite the surprise when people found out he was gonna be the director of the film LOTR.

TeCk-IcE
Yeah.....I mean....It must have been a shock for everyone who was looking forward to the film, who had read the book....and then suddenly the man who made braindead was going to direct it...

Machine
PETER JACKSON IS AWESOME

Kiwi Leia
Peter Jackson has made a variety of movies, all bar the LOTR he had a very small budget. And even with small budgets he created movies known all around the world. (Heavenly creatures staring Kate Winslet was awesome!!!!) I mean hes only ever made them in NZ, never wanted to go to Hollywood and get tired up in that fiasco.

Peter Jackson has shown how a plain kiwi guy can make it anywhere!!!! big grin big grin big grin

Ratcat
Personally I thought the direction of LOTR wasn't its best point by any stretch.

queeq
Bad Taste is even more interesting. big grin That's actually the film he made with friends over a span of four years or so.

But he did make Heavenly Creatures (a lot of critical acclaim and a great film) and The Frighteners was okay. I guess one of the reasons he pulled it off is that he produced most of it in New-Zealand including all the special effects by Weta, like he did with Heavenly Creatures. And let's face it, LOTR looks wonderful.

Kiwi Leia
Yes, NZ makes an awesome back drop to movies, and I think more movies will be made here in the future.

Peter Jackson was more than just the Director in LOTR, ask any of the cast.

Hes been getting so many offers from Hollywood etc to direct more and more movies and keeps turning them down...someone out there thinks he has an amazing tallent big grin big grin big grin

Smodden
pj rules everybody knows that and if they don't they will next week...

Bloom4ever
well any director who took up lotr wld suddenly become famous.
oh, and PJ did an awesome job, except 4 some parts

wizzee
any director would of been famous but i think its only because he was a kiwi that he knew he had to make it there and it also had to be a true fan of the books to really pull it of in the way he did

Kiwi Leia
If Peter Jackson does not get the academy award this time there is something wrong with the whole set up.

Next movie Peter Jackson is doing is KingKong should be another amazing movie.

Kiwis rule!!!!!!!

nazgulinthedark
king kong....isn't that about a monkey or somthin, i forgot

BingaBonga
Peter Jackson said in Newsweek that he didn't even film the war in the shire because he didn't really like the part in the book, so he didn't do it in the movie, or in the extended version... Just becasue you don't like it, you should think about the audience, it least film it! Once again, I think it's ridiculous that Christopher Lee won't even be in the actual movie and that the Houses of Healings aren't in the movie... just in the extended version... sad I mean, I wanted to see Eowyn and Faramirs scene, oh I loved that part of the book... *drifts away into thought*

Lord_Andres
true, a giant monkey

Lord_Andres

BingaBonga
haha, that should be interesting to see...

Smodden
i don't know how he could go from lotr to ..........Apes!

Lord_Andres
I think he just wanted to do something difrent

BingaBonga
I think he did a very good job of making lotr, I guess there is always going to be people who complain, like us, about the things he didn't put in. He has been under a lot of pressure, and I would like to see someone pull lotr off like this.

Lord_Andres
very true

Coshlo
my sig says it all

Lady Ellie
yes yes yes thumb up Yep. I think he did a good job.

envision
yea PJ is the king i mean wot other director wears like bear feet and stuff 2 a premiere...only a New Zealander.

Kiwi Leia r u and me like the only NZers in these forums i cant find any others sad

badkittykitty
nivvey is from NZ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.