Same-Sex Marriage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
Here's my opinion, and I encourage others to give theirs:
Fact-love is a sacred thing, a power beyond any law that anyone can ever make. Whether a man chooses to love a man or a woman love a women is no one's decision than their own.

Fact-The heterosexual community of America is pushing for there to be a new Amendment saying that there be no same-sex marriages

Fact-The government is bringi religion into the debate, where it has no right (the government of America is based on the separation of church and state). The only argument against same-sex marriages is religion, so therefore the government can do NOTHING about the issue.

Fact-All 'legal' marriage is is a license and a ring. A true marriage is a union of souls, so really, they can't do anything about it anyway

What do you think?

lil bitchiness
Yes, im all for it. same sex marrage should be allowed. Gay people cannot help who they fall in love, or their sexuality for that matter. If a straight person should be able to marry, than so sould gay one, simple as that.

Fire
all for it, here it is legal took some years but it is legal now

but with ....... being a ........... I think the us will have to wait a very long time, hopefully he wont get ...............

Vampiree
Oh god... I think it should be allowed but it's not really the problem with law, but with the people... meaning homophobes. I really hate them miffed... Next is the problem with adoption I think it's not really possible for homosexual couples to addopt children right now, it would ruin their lives and well as the parents's. The relligion has NOTHING to do with it. Unfortunately they TEACH me relligion in my school (even though i'm atheic i have to participate in those classes) and i ended up with an F just because i had a different opinion than my teacher. But that's not the worst part. The worst thing is what she said, first talking about the almighty god for whom all people are equal and then yelling to me that homosexuals are animals and should be treated like sick people. HOW CAN A HUMAN BEING, WITH HEART AND EMOTIONS SAY SUCH THING?! i can't understand it. The homophobic issue keeps on tormenting me and lots of other people like me. Just because I stand for people's rights when it's needed.

sk8rpunkbarbie
if ur from england tonight on channel 4 theres a documentry on gay couples making babies i think its ok for them to have babies if there in love and can givve the child a loving home and stuff u know we shudnt be so hard on them just because there gay

Fire
ofc it is ok

yerssot
I think it's an outrage that some people still live in the stone-age when it comes to granting "other-orientated" persons not the same rights! they should have gotten the right to marry DECADES AND DECADES ago!
and on adopting children; yes! they should be able to do that!

Vampiree
punk barbie i mean that prolly the kids wouldn't be accepted by others. i don't have ANYTHING agains homosexuals, in fact i'm just the opposite of it. i repeat once more: it's not the gay that have a problem, but the homophobes around them. but i think they SHOULD have the right to adopt, THEY'RE PPL LIKE EVERYONE!!!! i agree with yers. it's not the stone-age.

Fire
so it aint because ppl will dislike it at first that we shouldn't allow them from doing it. ppl will grow acceptance to it eventualy

Vampiree
how much will it take? 10, 20 years? maybe even more...

Fire
not by a long shot, kids grow acustom (sp) to something very fast, when they have a few kids with only two dads in kindergarden and the teachers behave normal about it it will not take more than a few years

Vampiree
so now we make special kindergardens? oh, great...

Fire
no I never said that, you might have understood me wrong

I ment if you place a few children of same-sex parents in a NORMAL class of kindergarden. if you have willing teachers the other children will learn to accept it in a few years. children learn to perceive things as normal rather quickly in their young years

Vampiree
maybe ye're right... but it wouldn't be that easy...

Fire
I am pretty sure it will be that easy

Vampiree
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
actually FM, last I heard, if a kid of a homosexual-marriage gets placed in a kindergarden, the kids there (of course, the teachers don't have to go all freaky on the kid) don't need anything special or whatever to grow accostume to it, they all think it is normal,
they see two parents, just like they have

from my experience, it are the old folks and the extreme religious people that object cause "it's a modern decease and it wasn't there in their time" roll eyes (sarcastic)

EDIT: forgot to add what I was actually steering upon, Fire, it's that for a kid it DOESN'T take years to get used to it, it takes a few weeks to even a few days

DezW
in my country lives a transsexual man, who adopted a child. he gave money to the mother to accept the adoptation... it isn't a wrong thing, but... The children must have a normal peaceful and loving family. And it doesn't depends on who many parents they have or are their parents homosexual. But that man is really a rude and stupid dork. Really. And the worst thing is thay the people who never saw a homosexual man, the people in the villages could think all of them are so stupid, cuz he is on the news...

and the marriage... so it isn't a so important thing it was 30 years ago. You can live happily ever after without this papers. smile

hehe sorry I think I was off topic big grin

Fire
could be well that's even better yerss

Phoenix
Has the government ever given a real reason why gay couples cannot get married and have kids? Maybe they think gay people are so depraved that they will force their children to be gay... which a) is nonsense and b) is no different to heteros forcing their gay children to be straight!

BarmyBrummie
Of course there should be same sex marriages!!! Straight people can and so should gay people. It's just all those idiots who are living in the past that are against it.

SilverFighter
I really don't comment much on this topic but I think this is what some ppl see it. Unlike traditional marriages (man and woman) gay marriages do not produce (in other words give birth) a child, but rather adopt a child. Most ppl tend to view gay adoptions with the "Nurture vs. Nature" theory. Nowadays gay marriages are more open and have release itself from societies views. If they want to get married is their choice just as long as they are committed and devoted to their partners there should be fine. After all Marriage is to be taken seriously not as a joke.

Phoenix
I don't see any probs with them adoptin. After all, real parents can be awful - thats why children are put up for adoption in the first place...

Fire
the whole nurture vs nature is very highly debated and not really has a real winner

in some areas nurture wins it in some areas nature wins it

yerssot
than you haven't even started about kids whose parents got divorced at a very early age, or where one of the parents died

Lord Soth
A child growing up with two dads or two moms turns out no different from a child of a straight marriage. The end resut is the same: Growing up in a home with two parents , who all love each other. That's all, no problem

Tex
Of course gay people should be allowed to marry, they should suffer like everyone else! wink

VallejoKid707
laughing out loud

phinney6
Um its ok with me if they jsut do not shove it down my throat and always have it on the news, and treat it special. But they BETTER not come near me or act alllll werid around men becuase wuite franly I find it rude to act all lovey doveyyy when around poeple. But agian Marriage was meant for a women-male but ok its alright iwht me

Lord Soth
The way you think is part of the problem. There is no way that it was 'meant' to be, it's just they way that it is. The tight-ass Christians of the world need to accept that homosexuals exist and deserve the same rights as everyone else.

Vampiree
amen sothy, AMEN...

yerssot
ok, erm, before you go on a religion-rampage, do remind yourself that being homosexual is also prohibited in the islam and with the jews

(I'm not informed about this for hinduism or any big chinese/japanese religions)

Vampiree
oooooooh... **** them all then... i wasn't gonna bash them either ways... *sigh* WHY PPL CAN'T ALL BE ATHEIC?

Phoenix
erm... I'm a christian, and I have several gay friends, so I fear you are tarring everyone with the same brush. miffed

Fire
SOth you are gonna go too far with insulting christians one day mate

Gundark
Gee I don't know, Fire....I'm a christian and I've got a tight ass.... wink

Ah, I don't care if gays and lesbians get married. Although I've heard a lot in the media about it being called a 'union' rather than a 'marriage'. Then of course they deserve the same tax breaks and all that crap as a married man and woman. Let's face it, EVERYBODY deserves any tax break they can get.

I'm an independent contractor and Uncle Sam screws me hard every chance he gets.

*mutters under breath*

Damned silly striped pants....

Fire
lol

well now in belgium it is called a marriage, took some months tho first it was a union, actualy a contract

Gundark
Do you have to get marriage licenses in Belgium ?

Fire
something like that yea

Shoukan
Wow what a great subject to talk on here...

Since I am homosexual and all I do agree that we should have the rights as do straight people have in the country. The system here in the US is ****** up and it needs to change NOW! And homosexuals should be able to adopt a baby too. RELIGION shouldn't be introduced in this subject but it is...yes seperation of church and state blah blah blah...Can't I just live in peace---Have my rights as an American citizen!

§pearhead
Well, I'm you're average heterosexual male, and I'll be the first to admit I used to hate gays. But thats when I met a friend of my mother's...who happened to be gay. Let's just say hes one of the funniest and smartest guys I've ever met. He's not afraid of anything, adopts troubled children, and is the only person that I think I can trust to talk about something--over my parents. I guess what I'm tryin to say is that just because you're homosexual doesn't mean you're a great person. I say, permit gay marriages, I've got nothin against it.

Rebel Racer
this is just disgusting. same sex marriges are sick, and shoult not be allowed. (my, and many other peoples, opinion)

Shoukan
YOU could have just said you dont agree with it!!!!!

Rebel Racer
that is what i said.

Shoukan
I KNOW but that other stuff was just MEAN!!!

el_barto
i dont think that it should be illeagal for "same sex mariages" i think its fine as long as the two people realy "like" eatch other and are ready for people to see them in a prejeduce way ( personaly i know two gay guys and they are nice people i just look past the fact that they are gay and so should every one else )

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i dont think there should be homosexual marriages. its wrong IMO. disgusting IMO.

yerssot

Fire
-this could turn ugly-

anywayz why should you look besides the fact that they are gay?
you should accept it not ignore it, it makes them who they are

el_barto
GIVE US SOME ****ING REASONS IF UR GONNA ARGUE!

el_barto
i just turned up some serious shit didnt i

Fire
we'll see how this ends

I just want to ask everyone to stay calm and discuss this in a peaceful and respectful way. (I like this thread and would like to see it open a few more days)

yerssot

Shoukan
I believe this should be closed...just my opinion

SilverFighter
This is the reason why I don't really comment on topics like these. Those that defend gay marriages begin to generalize as much as those that opposed it. h0ck3yh0rr0r gave his opinion and it should be respect it not criticize or bashed.

Shoukan
but it still should be closed

SilverFighter
If others opinions are respected and not bash then it shouldn't be closed. But if bashing does start then yes it should be closed.

Tex
Turning ugly... keep it civil please...

SilverFighter
Did you re-open it Tex??? It appear you closed it.

Tex
Yeah, some posts were edited instead, Fire put it best...

BackFire
There's no logical reasons as to why there shouldn't be same sex marriage,all the problems people have with it stems from simply intolerance and should be ignored by the government.

I have no problem whatsoever with same sex marriage, they're people, and they should be allowed the same rights and priveledges as straight people. Marriage counts as this.

Trinity_Matrix
I'm all for it. I do not see why two people of the same sex who are deeply in love with each other and commited to each other should not be allowed to marry each other. I also do not see why people have problems with homosexual couples adopting children. Many of these couples would make great, loving parents, yet their sexuality and lifestyle denies them the chance to have children. Society just needs to be more open-minded about these kind of issues -- ignoring it will not make it go away. And I have several friends who are Christian (I myself don't believe in God, but I respect them for their beliefs) and they believe that same-sex marriage and gay couples adopting children should be allowed. We actually had a long discussion about this the other day during lunch. Love is love -- and the gender of the person you love should not matter.

And there are my thoughts on the issue.

Michael Myers 1
Men getting married to each other sick

Women getting married to each other Happy Dance rock Happy Dance

h0ck3yh0rr0r
QUOTE EL BARTO
GIVE US SOME ****ING REASONS IF UR GONNA ARGUE!

calm down man. just an intellectual discussion. your turning it into a riot. that doesn't bother me but ur decision on that.
all i know is that its not part of nature. IMO man + man= disease. i dont see how thats "love". Did you know that homosexuallity still was going on during the Mythological times in Greece. The cult of Demeter which engaged in sexualy activites MOSTLY man+man. (i might have saidt he wrong cult). Also did you know that the word Gymnasium comes from the greek word for "Naked". Philosophers say that homosexual activities were engaged in these "gymasiums". And now we use this word "gymsasium" where people "workout". Im just saying from my knowledge of philosphy, human nature and history. Man+woman= birth to a child. i think thats an ability God gave to us. i can talk about this for hours lol but i want to read more of your opinions....continue on...

h0ck3yh0rr0r
and im not catholic if anyone is gonna diss religions. im just an orthodox. i dont go to church on sundays i just believe what i believe. and i believe in a God.

§pearhead
I dun even see why religion matters in this...

h0ck3yh0rr0r
welll everything revolves around everything in a philosophical point of view. in bible it's said that gay is not allowed. well i dont "believe' in the bible. I just believe their is a God... continue more opinions this is interesting.

§pearhead
Alright...well, I'm not religious (im a fatalist, techinically) and i got nothin against gays, my full argument is on the top of page 3, i believe, i dun feel like retyping it stick out tongue

el_barto
i should have edited this ^ when i had the chance embarrasment sad embarrasment sad

Tex
Not part of nature?
So gay people are aliens from a different dimension where nature doesn't exist who are somehow transported here?

el_barto
TEX GIVES A LEFT HOOK A JAB AN UPERCUT AND h0ck3yh0rr0r IS DOWN FOR THE COUNT!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
where did you get that from did i ever say they are aliens? no i just said not part of natur IMO IN MY OPINION. Nature when i said i meant it as not "normal". im not saying they monster or something but somethin is always gonna sound strange when the thought of man+man or woman+woman. what will man +man or woman + woman suceed in love? diseases... IMO

h0ck3yh0rr0r
el barto you really enjoy dick riding others dont you.

§pearhead
I think what he's saying that people don't reproduce in a homosexual relationship and that in itself is not normal for a person to not reproduce.

Dogbert
HAHAHA laughing out loud

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yo dogbert nice sig man. pac r.i.p

Tex
h0ck3yh0rr0r you believe gay people are suffering from a disease?

Do you believe there is a cure for this disease?
It is contagious?
Are you born with it or do you catch it later on?

Who decides what's normal?

§pearhead
Tex, I am speaking from a biological and evolutionary standpoint. Organisms exist to make others. End of story.

Tex
So that would make gay people genetic defects.

Sounds harsh, but I would have to agree.

§pearhead
messed good point, when i say it that way it sounds like that, dunnit?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
truth...

Tex
Who knows?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
very good question. but when people are born they begin to grow and develop. soon begin to make decisions in religion, career, basically life. So IMO no matter what decision someone makes, it was made for a reason. Does anyone here believe in the teachings of Baghata-Gita the teachings of Krishna? like what ever happens it was meant to happen to balance the "cosmos" and all of life. so basically you kill yourself but had the ability to rewind time....that woudl be ****ing scary...sorry kinda off topic lol smile

§pearhead
That's a fatalist talking up there.

h0ck3yh0rr0r

im just speaking throught my knowledge.

BackFire
So everyones argument against homosexuality is that, basically "it isn't normal". I guess I still fail to see how exactly this makes it BAD. It just makes it different, and nothing more. No harm comes from same sex relationships, so I don't see any practical reason as too why anyone would be against it.

All the reasons seem to stem from basic hatred and simple disgust, both of which are meaningless because this varies from person to person, even if if YOU happen to find it disgusting, that is not a valid reason for same sex relationships to be disallowed.

Tex
yes

BF, will you marry me? love

§pearhead
There's nothin wrong with gays...sure it aint normal but who cares?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i think there is/can be harm in homosexuality...

diseases...and other biological problems if you know what im trying to say.

BackFire
Diseases exist in regular marriage as well. What biological problems are you reffering too, may I ask?

HannaBananabal
Though I'd never do it myself, I don't mind other people to do so. I have lesbian friends!

yerssot
please, don't say AIDS was created by gay-marriages roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fire
yea same question as BF care to explain it a bit further

and I dunno who said but someone talked about species existing to reproduce, That's true but humans always like to think of them-our-selves as so much more than other animals. Well then maybe we are trying-or already have- overcome the desire to reproduce. Tho it must be said that drive still exists within almost every person, but with all our genetics researcb I reckon they will find a way sooner or later

yerssot
fire, it's not easy to get over that "we're better than animals"-stuff, cause it was Arisotle (or Plato, I'm not sure, I still have to study that) who first commented that humans are above animals
so, no matter how hard you try, a lot of people will still stay cockey about all this

Fire
I never said it was easy

yerssot
nope, but I wanted to stress it a bit more wink

badkittykitty
In my state state they just passed a law that wont even recognize same sex marriages performed out side of the state. a marriage should be a union of to people in love if it be the same or opposite sexs.whats the difference besides procreation..and even then there are plenty of opposite sex couples that never have children,so I really think not allowing same sex marriages is a shame

Fallen Jedi
Do what you want, is all I have to say. If you want to marry somone of the same sex, go ahead. Its not my business nor anyone else's. Its your life, and you can live if however you want.

§pearhead
Isn't that a violation of one of the amendments? Well its something on the constitution...marriage in one state is recognized by all states I thought.

yerssot
and in the states religion and government are seperated I thought

§pearhead
That as well... o' course, we also claimed all men are created equal and kept slaves...

Lord Soth
You misunderstand. I was only tarring the 'tight-ass' Christians. If you have gay friends, then you're obviously out of the loop

Lord Soth
You have the same chance of getting an STD with gay sex as you do with any other. Being gay has nothing to do with it. It was just a ploy by the 'righteous' to defame homosexuality.

Fire
Spear did they recognize black ppl as ppl at that time already (NOT KIDDING)

Agent StrongBad
Personally i think same sex marriage is a horrible thing, man was made for woman and woman was made for man, that's good and right, but when you mix it up and make man for man, it bad and wrong, but woman for woman is just sexy, hot, and wrong wink and that's just my opinion.

But i do have ne gay friend and he's got a good personality, therefore i wouldn't want to send him to the moon thumb up

§pearhead
Well Fire, to answer your question, they knew better. During the 3/5 compromise (which had slaves count as 3/5 of a person) the south got better voting represenation, so they knew, in their hearts, that they were people. But when it cam to freeing them, the colonies decided that slavery would not be absolved...so they knew that they were people, just refusedd to admit it.

Fire
okie

beaujay1
I am not a homosexual, so I don't understand why people would love the same sex. It wouldn't affect me, so I really do not care. I'm definitely not for it, but I do not hate these people. I am not homophobic either, I just perceive it not to be religiously correct.

The_Inevitable
Homosexuality should be tolerated in United States. Our country was founded and based on Religon.

Agent StrongBad
not to mention we don't have to be religious to disprove homosexuality, sure it's a choice, a nasty and bad choice.

I love women! rock

Raz
I think it's time to shut this down...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.