*Exclusive" Friday the 13th XI Official Press Release

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

therealestkilla
I wanted to let you know that yes, there will be another "Friday the 13th". I currently work at ComingSoon.Net as a senior editor and I recieved an official press release from New Line Cinema's Marketing and Promotions Dept. earlier in the week. I used to work for UpcomingHorrorMovies.Com but like to offers from Coming Soon and quit 2 years ago. Well enough about me let's get down to business. This is an exclusive that isn's supposed to be released until Friday, February 13, 2004 ironically but I have given the scoop to several people already today so feel free to post the info it is good promotions for my site. Here is what the press release said.

Official Title: Friday the 13th Part XI: The Next Chapter
Distributor: New Line Cinema in Association with Crystal Lake Entertainment

Screenwriter(s): Matt Greenberg (Co-Writer of "Halloween: H20" and "Reign of Fire"wink

Producer(s): Sean S. Cunningham ("Friday the 13th"wink

Executive Producer: Robert Shaye ("Wes Craven's New Nightmare" and "Jason X"wink

Director: Adam Marcus (rumored/in talks) ("Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday"wink

Cast: Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees), Corey Feldman (rumored/in talks)

Filming Locations: Vancouver, Canada and parts of New Jersey where original "Friday the 13th" was filmed

Release Date: Friday, May 13, 2005 (rumored/in talks) or August 2005

Plot: Some legends never die, especially those we can't forget. In the 11th installment to the popular "Friday the 13th" franchise titled "Friday the 13th XI: The Next Chapter" will reunite the original creators' concepts for the series along with new and exciting revelations of today. The film takes place following the events moments after "Jason X" where Jason will be confronted by an old foe, brought to his knees, and held captive at a maximum security genetic research facility. Having the series live to true form Jason has escaped and will stop at nothing to do what he has failed doing three times, killing Tommy Jarvis. In his quest for vigilance, Jason will cross paths with a group of teenagers having a magnificent time at the abandoned Camp Crystal Lake with fun, games, drugs, premarital sex, and some slaughtering which will finally lead to a showdown between the maniacal Jason Voorhees and the man he despises the most Tommy Jarvis, the only person to escape Jason wrath three times. More mayhem and macabre awaits when "Friday the 13th Part XI: The Next Chapter" comes to a theatre near you.

tabby999
ah crap, there letting someone whos worked on Halloween touch Friday. damn it

Michael Myers 1
Pfff somebody good final needs to do Friday the 13th i mean they all sucked.

SlipknoT
more halloweens have sucked compared to the friday series

Michael Myers 1
LoL i mean the first halloween was better than all the Friday the 13ths combined

Freddy_vs_Jason
most of the halloweens sucked, most of the firday the 13th's were good, but will jason be "urban" jason?, and i think ken kinzinger should play jason, hes much taller and scarier

Lord_Andres
woohoo Kane Hodder stars again big grin big grin big grin big grin Happy Dance

Freddy_vs_Jason
i wonder why kane wasnt in freddy vs jason, but i bet he wasnt happy about that

SlipknoT
Urban jason? I think you mean uber jason

stinkfist462
i thought kane was in freddy vs jason .. i might be wrong ..

Evil Dead
1. The original Halloween is better than all of the Friday the 13th sequels combined..................notice I said sequels as the first Friday the 13th was a damn good movie. The Halloween sequels on the other hand are far worse than the Friday sequels.

2. Ken Kerzinger starred as Jason in Freddy v/s Jason. The reason Kane Hodder did not get the part is because he is too big. They needed a much "less-built" actor/stunt man to play Jason because he would be engaging in hand to hand combat with Freddy Krueger. Quite simply, Kane Hodder is too muscular to share the screen with Robert Englund. He would make Englund look like a piss ant in physical comparison.

When you've got one villain/horror icon on the screen.......it's great for him to be big, beefy, and menacing. When you have two icons on the screen battling each other however, there must be a balance. It needs to look like an as much of an even fight as possible.

Random trivia : They offered Kane Hodder a role in Freddy v/s Jason. They offered him the part of the bald security guard (with the goatee) at the mental hospital who gets killed when all the kids go there at night. Kane said if he wasn't wearing the mask, he wasn't going to be in the movie.

Lord_Andres
just like to add to Evil dead post. That Ken Kirzinger is acturly taller than Kane Hodder, but as ED said Kane is more musculer than Ken big grin

BidMyBlood2Run
Ugh, that Friday the 13th part whatever we're on now sounds horrible!

Michael Myers 1
LoL ok whatever you say about the Halloween movies i dont give a **** but come on you make it seem like Friday the 13th was good. i mean i got jason goes to hell and i think im gonna burn it.

Happy Dance YaY one less peice of Crap! Happy Dance

Lord_Andres
mad it's alot better than Halloween 3 and 4 mad

Michael Myers 1
LoL i think Halloween 3 is a tie between Friday the 13th eek!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
umm friday 13th movies better than halloween movies?

no...

halloween I and II are better than all the friday 13th movies combined.

Lord_Andres
are you on some drogs or somthin? Friday the 13th part 1,4,6,7,8,9,X and FvJ are all alot better than the Halloween series END OF STORY

SlipknoT
Parts 8,9 and x were not better than halloween

Jason420
The only good halloween is 1 and most of the jason movies were good except the one where that kid grew up and became jason

Michael Myers 1
lol ok heres Friday the 13th's compostion its

Friday the 13th vs. Halloween 3

i think halloween 3's better and im gonna steal my friends f vs. j movie then burn it then i can email u guys the ash's

SlipknoT
f vs j was better than each halloween sequel

Michael Myers 1
lol no i think it was good but i think its tied with the new TCM

Jason420
halloween 3 was the worst horror movies ever

Michael Myers 1
thats why it has something to do with Friday the 13th eek! ok maybe Friday the 13th was a little better than H3

SlipknoT
why do you hate friday the 13th so much

Michael Myers 1
i dont hate it that much but when people are like "yea friday the 13th is way better than halloween" i gotta stick u for it you know

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lord andres you think im on drugs cuz of my opinions...i think ur the one on crack and you know im right man. Friday 13th movies were all gore and the movies got boring soooo fast. At least halloween movies got some good action. And gore was very weak in Halloween series. more realistic.

jason undead
action? you mean those stupid karate moves bustha rymes did against michael.

Michael Myers 1
yea but in jason x what about that lady that goes crazy on jason

jason undead
yeah but later in the movie she gets her head punched of.

Michael Myers 1
still it was kung fo shit and freddy (from Halloween 8) got stabbed but hes not dead........ yet

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yo when busta did karate on mike myers i thought that was funny and stupid. it made movie better and worse.

Jason420
the only good part in resurrection is when busta was crackin on michael thinkin it was some1 else that was hilarious

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol^

Michael Myers 1
yea i liked that part

Freddy_vs_Jason
they dont just show gore and blood in the friday the 13th films becoz they think its really kool and grosim , they want 2 show how dangerous and teriffiying jason is

Michael Myers 1
i think hes a cutie pie

Freddy_vs_Jason
i think he's hot!

Michael Myers 1
Well duh him and mike and Definnately freddy are hot i mean they have been burned and been in jail do you think there cold?

Freddy_vs_Jason
hmmmmmm....maybe, but good in the sack

Michael Myers 1
what do you mean by that

Freddy_vs_Jason
they're probably good in bed i mean, because they kill so much they would get a nice work out and you know.......

Michael Myers 1
yea but there so old it might fall off roll eyes (sarcastic)

SlipknoT
what the **** are you guys talking about What the f**k?

Michael Myers 1
big grin

Freddy_vs_Jason
shifty

Michael Myers 1
lol this friday the 13th better be called: Friday the 13th : The Final Chapter of the Last Chapter of the Final Movie

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i dont want to know what you guyz are talkin about but i think i know. LOL

Freddy_vs_Jason
mike, theres alreddy a fiday the 13th movie called the final chapter, its number 4

Michael Myers 1
i know theres to many chapters we need an ending dammit

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yup

Michael Myers 1
but halloween can go 4ever big grin

h0ck3yh0rr0r
nope

Michael Myers 1
yup

Freddy_vs_Jason
nope

Michael Myers 1
yup

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yup...sup?

Michael Myers 1
nothing you

h0ck3yh0rr0r
same lol

Michael Myers 1
coooool

h0ck3yh0rr0r
whatca gon do?

lol

Michael Myers 1
say whaaaaaaaaaaat

h0ck3yh0rr0r
whaaaaaaat

lol

Michael Myers 1
lOl u silly silly man

darkesthorror
Well, both Halloween and Friday the 13th have their down falls(Bad and campy acting, cheesy humor, and sometimes insanely embarrassing plots.) First the bad, I think we could all agree that Halloween 3: Season of the Witch was a joke considering that it had nothing to do with the story of Myers, it was just a way for Carpenter to try his hand at a different style while using the same popular Halloween name to sale tickets. Next the most recent Halloween for the fact that Myers looked ridiculous with the hard shiny looking mask and for the cheap ploy of throwing in a rap star to try to sale more tickets. I think we'd all agree that the mask from the first film was the best. On to Friday the 13th; Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday was horrible because we only get to see Jason in his own body at the beginning and ending of the film. And then of course Jason X because after we all finally got over the whole in space thing we wished that Jason would just stay normal instead of turning into the cheesy looking Uber-Jason. Now the best of the best, Halloween,
Halloween 2, and Halloween 6 and then Friday the 13th part 4, 6, 7, and 8. Final thoughts are that I like Ken Kirzinger much better than Kane Hodder, no one we'll ever be able to replace Robert Englund and although I do believe that the next Friday the 13th installment is coming I don't believe that it will be with that plot. Also I don't think that it should be after Jason X, I think it should be after Freddy Vs Jason(Part9.5), but that could get confusing with Freddy Vs Jason 2 on the way and the fact that Freddy Vs Jason isn't actually considered to be a sequel to either film, but more of a hybrid. And lastly I'm very excited to see what happens with the Special Edition Friday the 13th DVD Box Set and the Friday the 13th series with the name "Crystal Lake Chronicles" in mind.

Cinemaddiction
One word. Paragraphs.

Cinemaddiction
Oh yeah, I call bullshit on Part 11, also. There were 8 years between 9 + 10. On top of 10 bombing, there is no evidence to support any sequels anytime in the near future.

darkesthorror
Here's just a peice of evidence besides interviews with Sean Cunningham mentioning the next installment along with Ronny Yu, Robert Englund and Ken Kirzinger having things to say about it as well as the Nightmare prequel. Here's an article taken straight from Bloody-disgusting.com...

Thirdly - and god I hope this is not old news! - the popularity of F vs J has breathed new life into the "Jason" franchise too. They'll be making another solo one of him too. Not in space apparently - just back to the roots. Camp Crystal Lake. I asked when, they said 'a couple of years' when Sean finishes it."

dannyh321
How did Tommy Jarvis get to the future, don't tell me he was frozen too?

Also, surely there is no crystal lake as thats on Earth 1. Earth 2 (where Jason lands) is a different planet altogether.

Zilverz
Back to Tommy Jarvis I think is an excellent idea. Tommy is the only one to ever really kill him.

tabby999
maybe its like a decendent of Tommy Jarvis? like how Jason can be reborn through any Voorhees (hope i spelt that right) woman as long as its his decent, maybe the same works with killing him? anyone of Jarvis decent has a better chance of killing him?

Zilverz
they can just continue the story before jason X .. before he is captured ... or they can do the new planet .. whatever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.