Dagor Dagorath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron

Exa
Theres also some information about a Final Battle between good and evil on this plain in valinor or eressea... i forgot... it was several years ago that I read that... must search for it. But i dont think this battle is connected to the other one.

Some formulations also sound for me like it was somewhere on the firmament... though I dunno why big grin

what i definitely remember is that it was a battle between Fionwe son of Manwe and Morgoth the dark lord, because he killed Arien leader of the sun who was the girlfriend of Fionwe big grin

Dagor Dagrath rules big grin love

sauron
rules very much so love big grin big grin

i want to fight in it stick out tongue

it should have come down to manwe v.s morgoth

Exa

sauron
well he basically didnt really fight until he found out this person he loved was murdered..which pisssed him off big time big grin and he kinda destroyed everything

Exa
Yes he did big grin love He's cool... the only notsocool thing is that with the world all elves had to die sad while men, the mortal ones, now got their real immortality

sauron
which was a good thing exa big grin because for many an age elves were like "HAHA we are immortal"

now they got what they were asking for stick out tongue

Exa
Right and the gift of Mortality to Men turned out to be immortal indeed... for men died because they were not bound to the living earth, as elves were. But when the _world_ dies, this of course kills elves being bound to her while free men can survive forever without her

"And they knew that the fate of Men was not bounded by the round path of the world, nor destined for the straight path.
For the round is crooked and has no end but no escape; and the straight is true, but has an end within the world, and that is the fate of the Elves.
But the fate of Men, they said, is neither round nor ended, and is not within the world. And they remembered from whence the ruin came..."
(The Lost Road And Other Writings)

sauron
so where did they go lol

middle moon? middle mars?

Exa
New music of the Ainur or something, new world ^^ I think... but no idea. Im convinced that Tolkien somewhere says anything leading in this direction but I cnat find it anywhere.

sauron
hmmm new music of tha ainur...

hang on all evil in M:E stems from morgoth in some way...and its all because of those out of chord notes he sings in the music

so the new music who was it that sang out of place...as there was evil in this world too

there still is

Jade_Eyes
What the F are you two talking about?

Exa
The End of the World... the destroying of middleearth...........

sauron
of arda not just middle earth big grin

Exa

sauron
your probably right....

imagine being a dwarve...underground not knowing theres a war then....BOOM your gone

Exa
RoFL big grin big grin
Poor dwarves...

sauron
heheh aww

shadowy_blue

Kitoky
Mmmmmm Dagor Dagorath....that battle's awesome, man.

Corlindel
On the plains of Aman near Valinor.

Bar-en-Danwedh
poor Feanor, he was the only one they wouldn't let out after he died. too unstable i guess. poor guy, he was just trying to get his family jewels back.

wait a minute...

Exa
"Thus everything dies,
but only mortals die forever;
The others watch and wait
eternally in the shadows"
love

And yet elves will die and men will live

sauron
elves die men live...illuvatars joke

illuvatar: you shall be immortal...bound to the earth you shall live as long as it lives...and die when it dies

elves: yeyeyeyeyey

illu: and YOU shall be men...smaller uglier and mortal...you shall die but this is my gift to you

men: messed confused

elves: hahahahahaha

*world dies*

elves: noooooo

men: hahahahhaa

illuvatar: hahahahaha

elves: YOU BASTARDS

Exa

sauron
oooh i got pounced big grin tou'che

but now IM watching..and waiting again.....

FreddieFreeload
Well... The Encyclopedia of Arda has been known to be correct before, so I'm gonna trust em' on this one aswell.

Exa
Watching and waiting eternally in the shadows... wasnt it wink

What was the actual controversia?

sauron
big grin hey thats my source of info at times when there are no good threads...so shhh

Exa
big grin big grin
Ok stick out tongue *shhhs*

FreddieFreeload
Don't worry... I get most my info from there too.

Mostly just to confirm that I'm correct... wink

Exa
big grin
Strange, I just cant work with this site so I never used it... maybe because of the addy... maybe because Im too stupid to remember that it exists... however my main source are always books
though its a bit annoying for examply if you want to know who said a certain quote... i sometimes read the whole book again just to find such answers...

sauron
cool

it shows stick out tongue stick out tongue

hee hee im not going to sleep tonigh i have decided im reading the silmarillion on-stop till im done big grin

FreddieFreeload
I find that the Encyclopedia is useful when discussing in an international forum, and when regarding questionable topics, like the Sauron's body. E of A told me exactly where to find hard proof, instead of me having to translate entire paragraphs from the danish editions (wich is pretty damn hard).

Sometimes the only way to go is with the books, like with the solid body of the nazgul, where you have to read the chapter in order to set things straight. (The book mentions a tendom behind the knee and shoulders, wich can't be found anywhere on any site).

My point is, that the most comprehensive source of Tolkien knowledge, will come from a combination of book and encyclopedia.

Exa
A most comprehensive and complete source would take several (ie vv many) thousands of pages...

@sauron
big grin big grin
Have fun stick out tongue

FreddieFreeload
As are the books combined with the Encyclopedia of Arda... that thing is HUGE.

sauron
it bloody would be WHOOOO i want it big grin

Exa
Me too big grin big grin big grin
Would be damn practical

But very hard to find something there...

sauron
yeah but imagine..youd never stop reading it lol stick out tongue stick out tongue

Exa
Hehee big grin
you might be right... since i have my history-index i sometimes spend one or two hours just opening it on some page and on nearly each page theres at least one new name... a real paradise *loves names*

sauron
big grin and once you got near the edge there would be the updates big grin which wouold set you back another 1000 pages stick out tongue

Exa

sauron
maybe he is not dead

simply watchin and waiting from the shadows big grin

a shadow of genious whispering thoughts of tolkien into the minds of men

Exa
*fg* sounds exactly like he describes Morgoth laughing manipulating everything stick out tongue

sauron
i meant it too stick out tongue

*fg* ?? ?whassat?

Exa
Oh... sry... *fg* is a german abbreviation big grin
originally meaning something like "nasty grin" ("*frech grins*"wink, but used for everything that makes you laugh now... like *gg*

sauron
lol ok

french...grins stick out tongue lovely big grinbig grin

Exa
frech not french big grin big grin big grin
Its actually not really grammatically correct... as none of the abbreviations is... should be "frecher grinser" or "freches grinsen"... lol... but thats too long thus *fg* big grin
(ch pronounced like in Sindarin wink like a very strong h... like in "huge" without the y-sound...)

Exa
From the Silmarillion:

And from the Lost Road:

(I think I already quoted that)

sauron
cool big grin nice quotes big grin stick out tongue

good morning people i just woke up stick out tongue

anyway the second music of the ainur is to better the first big grin

Exa
Good --- ehm --- morning, Dark Lord big grin

Definitely it is.
Awww I love quotes actually the whole silmarillion is mainly a collection of wonderful quotes for me...

shadowy_blue
Hey you guys! You think the Second Music created us? You know...wishful thinking..LOL..big grin 'coz we're still in Middle-earth, right?

Exa
RIght
Maybe it did

Would seem quite logical

But maybe we re still in old middleearth and will live to see the Dagor Dagrath big grin I hope so...

sauron
maybe big grin

i wonder

although men were around before the second music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.