Question?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thomas H
When will the oscar nomination be reavaled?
What movie do you ladies and gentlemen believe will win?

yerssot
belongs in the movie section
and I have no idea

Thomas H
Special Effects Oscar Race is On
Thursday, January 10, 2002 1:14 CST

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences on Wednesday tapped the eight pics that will face off Feb. 6 in the f/x biz's annual bakeoff. This year's competition to land the three coveted nominations for the visual f/x Oscar signals a battle between computer-generated and on-set f/x teams. Variety says the selected films, lead f/x artists and lead f/x house involved for each are:

Warner Bros.' "A.I.," Dennis Muren, Scott Farrar, Michael Lantieri, Stan Winston; Industrial Light & Magic

Sony/Revolution Studios' "Black Hawk Down," Tim Burke and Neil Corbould; the Mill

Warner Bros.' "Cats and Dogs," Ed Jones, David Barclay; Rhythm & Hues

Universal's "The Fast and the Furious," Michael Wassel, Thad Beier, Syd Dutton, Matt Sweeney; Digiscope, Hammerhead Prods., Illusion Arts;

Warner Bros.' "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," Robert Legato, Sony Pictures Imageworks

Universal's "Jurassic Park III," Stan Winston, John Rosengrant, Michael Lantieri, Jim Mitchell and Mark Miller; Industrial Light & Magic

New Line's "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring," Jim Rygiel, Richard Taylor, Alex Funke and Randall William Cook; WETA Digital

Disney's "Pearl Harbor," Eric Brevig, John Frazier, Ed Hirsch, Ben Snow; Industrial Light & Magic

Each nominated f/x house will compile a 15-minute presentation reel of scenes pulled directly from the films and organize a presentation to be given at what the f/x industry affectionately calls the "bakeoff" Feb. 6. The final three nominees will be announced Feb. 12, with nominees in the 23 other Oscar categories.

ToMacco
Lord of the Rings will win the special effects Oscar.

I love the Oscars. I make it an event.

Possible Best Picture Nominees:
Black Hawk Down
Lord of the Rings
A Beautiful Mind
Shrek
The Royal Tenabums
Gosford Park
The Count of Monte Cristo

Thomas H
Actualy I believe that pearl harbor will win best effect.

Possible to win best male actor
Josh harnett (black hawk down)
elijha wood (lotr)
Russel crowe (a beatiful mind)

I also believe that Bhd will take home: best male actor
best picture, best suppoting actor, best directo and best cinemagraphi!
What do you believe teck ice??

TeCk-IcE
Hmmz....well, I know that there will be a tough game between lotr and pearl harbor when it comes to best effects.....

But I think elija wood will win the best male acting..

I`m shure that lotr will win a lot of prises....and if BHD are nominated, I think they also have a very good change to win many prices.

I wonder who`s gonna win Film of the year.

But Oscars are always hard to guess.

rolling on floor laughing

Thomas H
I believe BHD will win the best picture this year, not easy to say but I both hope and believe it.
Acualy I dont think that lotr will take home to many oscars, maybe some.
Teck ice try to think out who will win best picture (the best movie)

TeCk-IcE
The best movie of the whole year???

Wow, that`s a hard one.....hmmz....

When I think of it......It has to be lotr...don`t you agree?

Thomas H
No I believe it will be BHD, offcourse I have not seen it yet but a 8.0 at imdb should talk for it self!

Thomas H
On bad ass critic has said that BHD will win the best picture of the year, and he is like the biggest critic in the US, cant remember his name.
And also herbert over at cbs has said it is the years second best movie!

Thomas H
Best supporting act teck??

TeCk-IcE
Hmmz,,,,what about viggo Mortensen or Orlando Bloom?

Thomas H
Maybe ian mckellen (lotr)
or tom sizemore and eric bana in bhd!

TeCk-IcE
Yepp, maybe ian mckelen

Machine
you bastards forgot about VANILLA SKY HOW THE HELL DO YOU FORGET ABOUT THAT MOVIE !!!!!!! i have seen it 6 times and i cant believe how good it is i keep crying when he gets on the elevtor till the end of the film its like 10 minutes of tears

Thomas H
Sorry machine have not seen it yet! evil face

King Jedi
I think A.I will get the effects oscar.
Best Director - Baz Lurhman for Moulin Rouge
Best Actress - Nicole Kidman either for Moulin Rouge or The Others
Best Actor - Maybe Ewan McGregor, maybe Russel Crowe again.
Best Film looks like it could be Momento.

Thomas H
I dont think memento will win.
Still I am putting my money on BHD smokin'

King Jedi
I didn't like Momento but it's winning a lot of awards.

Thomas H
Memento will not win any oscars.
smokin'

Bad Boy
What about the stupid, unfair Raspberry Awards? By the way Pearl Harbor should win the visual effects awards. While LOTR has good effects, you can still tell that they were done on computer while PH looks so real!

Thomas H
I totaly agree with you bad boy. I like you new nick, why have you changed it from bad boy to super kev? smokin'

King Jedi
The effects Oscar should go to something original. LOTR effects are good but there was nothing that hadn't been done before.

Pearl Harbour might get it but the A.I effects were amazing.

Bad Boy
The reason I changed my name was because I messed up the applictation form (must be 'cos I'm Welsh). Anyway, I took my name from one of my favourite films- Bad Boys!

Thomas H
OK smile

Dim
I hope AI gets something...I really do think that's one of those movies that's going to be considered a classic even though it didn't open well. Kind of like Wizard of Oz or Gone with the Wind.

Thomas H
I have not seen it, but I have heard its very boring!! smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.