elven translations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cheney
Gday all

im currently making a sort of RPG/story thing involving all different races coming together to fight in one battle. I created one elvish "team" for it and i was wandering if i could like ask some people if they couldnt translate certain words for their names. for example i wanted one guys name to be the translation of swiftblade and i was wondering if anyone could translate that into elvish for me.

so anyway here are the names

Swiftblade
Quickbeam (lol yes i know hes an ent)
Silentwalker

theyre all the things i need for now and i was also wondering if the name Glorfindel or Haldir stood for anything(and if so what?)

Thanks very much to anyone who helps me and id gladly except any suggestions for other elvish names.

cheney
Oh also i know this is slightly off LOTR (lol as is the above post) but i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for names of human,dwarf,orc,tauren,demonic or undead warriors or mages all help is of course greatly appreciated thanks

shadowy_blue
Hello! big grin

Anyway, here are the Elven translations for those names:

Swiftblade - Swift is Celeg in Sindarin; blade is hathol
Quickbeam - his Elvish name is Bregalad
Silentwalker - silent is dinen; walker is randir (though it is more of the term "wanderer" than "walker"

Glorfindel - His name means "Golden-haired".
Haldir - The meaning of his name is not clear, but it's either "hidden hero" or "tall one".

Exa

shadowy_blue
Here are some suggested orc names:

Griol
Erurag
Eridush
Grool
Vrort
Groshnak
Gilg
Gunk
Erirag
Gonk
Prorg
Gridish
Vrilg
Harag
Eridish
Gring
Vigdush
Purbag
Pulg
Hidish
Prashnak
Erugdish
Ronak
Girag
Vuol
Vrishnak
Horg
Prurk
Gink
Podush
Hilg
Pashnak
Erolg
Hodush
Porg
Parbag
Vrirk
Vuol
Hurag
Pishnak
Hurbag
Erugdish
Gashnak
Hong
Vigar
Vool
Hudish
Prudash
Rak
Vranak

shadowy_blue

shadowy_blue
Dwarven names:

Kubur
Mufur
Noignar
Signus
Kugan
Nili
Firan
Goinus
Vemli
Fasil
Lanus
Talin
Nagan
Gulir
Vasin
Besur
Nusil
Glubur
Tufur
Lelin
Dusil
Rabur
Talin
Toiran
Herin
Koinus
Lasil
Fognus
Manus
Fignar
Ruli
Ragnar
Kiran
Noignar
Feli
Kafur
Gloran
Goisin
Ninus
Tiran
Mugnar
Simli
Fugan
Dalir
Gubur
Gilin
Sunar
Glusil
Tulir
Gloilin

shadowy_blue
LOL...I was surprised by that. big grin It flatters me though it's a coincidence.LOL stick out tongue

Exa

Exa
Shadowy here used for what is also possible to be translated Hidden (as you did). I think it meant both.

bandgirl799
um, i was wondering is someone could translate a poem i have into elven because im not too good at all that kind of stuff. i have a special idea for it and just would like to be able to have it translated into this beautiful language. im not going to post this poem here cause it kind of embarrases me and im not quite sure if this is the right post to be asking cause im new but help would be appriciated!

Agent Elrond
Hey, Tassie, how'd u come up with all those names? Some name generator?

Exabyte
Tassie? blink

Or Shadowy?
confused

Agent Elrond
oops embarrasment
I meant shadowy
all these name changes are messing me up stick out tongue

Aleria_Sparrow
Go to the barrow downs for names but they do not work as translations.... and Legolas I know means "Greenleaves" love

Exabyte
big grin

No, they dont work as translations erm some of the names are quite, hm, random, and grammatically wrong no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.