The Vega Brothers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Who would like to see this actually done? Quinten Tarantino has long wanted to make this film which would be sort of a prequil to both Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. Obviously the main characters would be Vincent Vega (Travolta) and Vic Vega(Michael Madsen) aka Mr Blonde. The problem with this is Travolta is 10 years older now and Madsen is 12 years older so they would need some damn good make up jobs to bring them back to the necessary ages. Quinten still wants to do this but first he is filming Inglorious Bastards so he has to hurry. Madsen recently declared that he believes that this movie will be made. What do you guys think?

mook
i think its a cool idea in theory and i like how all Tarantino's scripts link up with each other (characters, companys, some plot devices, some dialogue) but i hope it isnt made.

If its made and its bad then it will impact on Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs as its the same characters. And as you said they are both old now and i dont feel there is any need for it.

i think its better for Tarantino to do new stuff, not repeat himself with same characters in same genres. lets see him branching out like he did with Kill Bill. lets see new characters in new genres.

SilverFighter
Definetly I want this movie to be made. I don't think QT will cast Travolta and Madsen for the roles. He might cast younger actors to play the part of the Vega Brothers. Also the story might take place in a time much more earlier than Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. Still, Travolta and Madsen might have cameos in the movie. Now as far as Inglorious bastards I gotta a funny feeling that granpa Vega might be in that movie if you know what I mean wink

MsFit
I hope he does make the movie. I reckon both guys are too old but I'm sure Tarantino could find suitable replacements- his casting is always bang on.

Grandpa Vega big grin

Myth
Yeah, its questionable overall in my mind. I personally wouldn't want it casted with anybody else but the originals (I hear Dumb & Dumberer sucked). They are getting old and I would hate for QT to ruin it but then again, it is QT and he could pull it off. Its something he wants to do which means he probably does have a good idea for it. Of course, if it doesn't go through with it, his ideas will probably be expressed somehow in future movies of his sense he likes to link his movies anyways. Mook- I agree with you though. I'd prefer to see Quinten branch out and do more original movies but if he doesn't have anything planned, a prequel is better than no QT movies at all.

SilverFighter
Yeah you know how QT likes to make those twisted jokes in his movies. It would be funny to hear something like...."Private Vega reporting sir!!" in Inglorious Bastards wink

amlap
i love how he is developing this community of characters through out his movies, and think The Vega brothers movies should def be made, of course with cameos for john and mike.

samhain
I think it would work although he couldn't really cast John and Mike, he is more likely to set it in the 60's or something, focusing on their childhood and teen years as they became young hoodlums, or maybe he will cast John and Mike as the Vega bros but they will be playing ghosts. Sounds like something QT would do...and get away with.

Cowboyography
I think it would be awsome, have it end with Mike in jail I.E. Res Dogs. and John end up in Amsterdam!!!

WildIrishRose
In a recent interview Michael Madsen said that QT had called him & said that he had a found a way around the "age thing" for the actors (Madsen & Travolta) if they were to make the movie. It would be interesting to see how Q would handle this...any ideas?

Myth
There is already a thread about this.

Pablo G
I don't know if you've heard about it but this is supossed to be QT's next project after Inglorious Bastards, it's a prequel to Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs that involves Vic and Vincent Vega and how they started their life in crime and stuff like that. That would be awesome don't ya think ? When John Travolta was asked about this he said that if something were to happen Quentin would contact him right away. Ohh and I've also heard about an anime prequel to Kill Bill.

badkittykitty
merging pablo smile

tabby999
yeah, but we'd all know how it ended wink one dead on the floor of a wearhouse and the other painted all over a bathroom

MR. PINK

roundisfunny
Brethren, this is good news. The only thing that would make it sweeter would be if Suzanne Vega made an appearance as their cousin.

VINCENT: Ready to go?

MIA (OS): Not yet. I'm going to interview you first. Are you any relation to Suzanne Vega?

VINCENT: Yeah, she's my cousin.

MIA (OS): Suzanne Vega the folk singer is your cousin?

VINCENT: Suzanne Vega's my cousin. If she's become a folk singer, I sure as hell don't know nothin' about it. But then I haven't been to too many Thanksgivings lately.

--Deleted scene, Pulp Fiction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.