What would happen at the end of the war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

glenn
What do you guys think will happen after the war has ended and humans celebrating their victory. Surly there is not enough of them to rebuild the world as it once was nearly 30 years ago. But i think that while they are celebrating, skynet has got a backup system elsewhere and begins a countdown until it is fully operational and the machines are back and the war starts all over again. It would be interesting to see what you lot think.

alic88
nah i would think it would end. john connor will b made president of the world. lol. then they will start their perhaps 1000 yearz re-building process. all the things they lost and everything.

SlickRick69
The machines and humans will find a balance, and live together, and rebuild... humans will help rebuild and repair machines, and machines will help humans by producing tasty beverages like Slurpees and slushies, and by allowing humans to travel around the wastelands really fast, in cars and tanks and stuff... it will go back to normal after a few hundred generations...

THEN maybe start up again, when computers come back online and start to get wise again...

smile

glenn
Interesting SlickRick69. What gets me is, how are they breathing because there are no trees left in the world, unless someone managed to save some tree seeds.

MovieKiller
Well I think I can give you an answer for that.

Do yoiu remember the characters in the movie saying that 3 Billion people will die once Judgment Day comes?

Well, I think that by the time that T3 actually happens, 2007 (based on the Timeline), there would be nearly 7 Billion people in the world. This shows us that the Machines only attacked key cities with the nukes and left towns and small cities standing. Maybe that is why the T-850 wanted to take John and Kate to Mexico. He knew that maybe only the largest cities in the world would be strike by nuclear meltdown so he decided to take them to the Mexican countrysides. Mexico has only few important and large cities so they would have had a lot of space to move in. There would be trees and plants in those areas where the bombs did not fell.

Now if the bombs would have hit all places on Earth and some people survived, then I'd say that there would be only a couple of MILLIONS and NOT BILLIONS. So if only 3 Billion died, do the math and you will see that not all parts of the world were struck.

big grin Wow I wrote a lot again. Well I hope this helps you!!! Great thread by the way. wink

Be seeing you all around. cool smokin'

MovieKiller
Well...

I think that the humans would be celebrating and honoring John Connor for the great courage he showed all throghout the war. Do you remember the T-850 in T3 telling him that he would die in the future? Well then the possibility of him becoming President of the World, or even him surviving his destiny are so small.

Another thing that I want to add is that "The humans inevitably die", as the T-850 put it in T3. The nuclear fallout would be so high that the radioactive clouds spread all over the world and thus killing any plants and animals in the areas where the bombs did not fall.

Now if Skynet is not completely destroyed and the humans die, I think that the Machines would be the rulers of the world. I don't think that though, because the humans will make sure the Machines won't regroup before celebrating their victory.

Hope this helped too. See ya. cool smokin'

glenn
I don't mind you writing long threads. Keeps me amused just reading them. Attacking key cities would make sense because that is where most of the people are in the world and each citie could hold say, maximum of a couple of million. Take all the cities in the world and add up all the population of each one. 3 billion or more would easily be reached. I agree with you there.

MovieKiller
Hey thanks. big grin

glenn
Any time

U Neek
After mankind wins the war against the machines, there would be Ewok style celebrations. This would happen shortly after John confronts the Skynet main frame only to be told by Skynet: "John, I am your father..." John, unable to handle the news, terminates himself whilst Kate stands by and watches. Kate thinks: "What a loser" and despatches the various protectors to go back in time to protect John (Reese, et al).

Maybe...Perhaps...Hey, it could happen!

U Neek
OR...

Members of Tech Comm blast into Skynet's main frame to be greeted with a message from Skynet himself, reading as follows:

"You beat my ass fair and square. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused by trying to turn youse into an extinct species and having the world for myself to rule. It was just one of those things. Take care, speak soon. Luv Skynet"

Ahnold
laughing Aw, they can't hurt cyberdyne! It's so nice!

shaber
If they had destroyed Skynet as scheduled in the original then the hominids would start fighting amongst themselves once again.

But I infer that the world would always be dark and dreary as it is depicted after the nuclear holocaust.

U Neek
Nah, surely somebody somewhere would have a working light bulb.

Ahnold
Heh - that's not quite what he meant... lol

glenn
What did you mean

mook
i think the machines would win.

Ahnold
Glenn - he meant that the world would be shielded from the sun's rays by the nuclear fallout...

U Neek
How long do you think it would take for the nuclear fallout to clear?

Ahnold
Good question. A good long while, I should imagine...

alic88
35 yearz

glenn
thats not very long

alic88
its a fact

mook
yeah the 'nuclear winter' would stop any plant life growing by blocking out the sun.

Ahnold
alic88 - Where did you hear this?

alic88
its a fact. the nuclear holocast remainz for 35 years. i searched it up

Ahnold
But in chernobyl the fallout will last for thousands of years!

Ahnold
100 percent sure?

glenn
Would you like to phone a friend, ask the audience or go 50:50

U Neek
50:50 please.

alic88
i used 2 b in the terminator-3.co.uk forum also. they r really really HIGH CLASS DIE HARD T FANZ. they knew it all. so telling it 4m that

Ahnold
I'm sure they are... doesn't mean they're good scientists though!

andyF1
I would of thought more like many thousands of years, just imagine how many nukes where used. I think i read it would take thousands of years before life could begin again.

Ahnold
That's what I thought!

glenn
Now that is a long time

andyF1
I saw this movie from the 80's, called the dayafter. it showed the effects of a nuclear war, its was quite frightening

shaber
Yeah, we don't really hear anything about the problems of radioactive fallout in the bleak Terminator future. That would be a grave problem for the humans, but probably not SkyNET.

Ahnold
Ala "The Matrix"...

U Neek
Wouldn't it be cool if they actually made a Terminator film showing the War, but when it was released on DVD it had an alternative ending? The alternative ending being the machines win (because obviously we know they don't).

I'm not just talking about the human resistance being crushed by Skynet in a 5-minute end sequence. Something like half an hour to illustrate the defeat of humans and what Skynet actually does in a world where it is the ruler of all that it surveys.

alic88
thats more like wishful thinking

Ahnold
And costly thinking... but still cool

glenn
i think its a great idea

U Neek
Cheers buds!

But like "Yeah right", like we're gonna see that happen!

Ahnold
Well, I guess if the makers of LOTR can afford to add in an extra hour of footage with SFX and all to their special edition DVD's, then anything's possible...

SlickRick69
They could just do a whole other series of Terminator Alternate Universe stuff, like what would happen if certain things WERE altered in past Terminator flicks... like, for instance, what would happen if Sarah Connor was killed in T1, or if Reese was killed earlier, before he got to impregnate Sarah...

...or, if T-X was sent back to clean up T-1000s mess DURING T-2 instead of years after the fact, or something...

There could be a whole series based on the 'what-ifs' of SkyNet still trying to outwit, outplay and outlast, to be the ultimate survivor against those wascally human resistance forces...

we just assume that if the Connors or Kyle or etc etc were removed from the mix early, the whole future would be altered, machines would rule and the world as we know it would be destroyed... we don't know for sure this would occur, because at least for the current timeline of films, we are witnessing events as told BY the victors, the Connors and/or Reeses... history is written by the winners, but they could tell stories of what if someone else was responsible for the victories...

just like there WAS a T-2 and a T-3, and some fairly decent ideas for T4 and T5, because some few 'slight' alterations of the timeline resulted in some few hiccups, but not enough to really throw things off course for the future of things to come, a few more what if type things occurring could cause other random weird hiccups in the space-time continuum, and could be fun to see how things unfold, with other characters-- and other writer/director teams-- at the helm of the Terminator franchise...

I will say I appreciate and agree that Terminator was James Cameron's 'baby, but the baby is all grown up, 20 years old now, so time to set it free in the world, let it meet other people and see what develops...

just my opinion, I could be wrong...

glenn
Terminator TV teries might be a good thing. At least we'll get to see things never seen before.

U Neek

glenn
yeah your right. I never saw any of the robocop series. What were they like.

U Neek
Never saw it myself, but I heard the Robocop series was pretty poor. I'm not a big fan of the movies so my expectations of the series would be low anyway.

alic88
i used2b SO CRAZY bout robocop when i was 5

Ahnold
alic88 - That's sorta disturbing considering the films are an 18 certificate...

Glenn - Good idea about the series. And yes, I have seen the Robocop tv series. And let's just say I hope a Terminator one would turn out a whole lot differently...

Oh, and in some ways, I guess it would be cool to see some alternate timelines, such as cyberdyne ultimately winning the war, and the TX sorting out the T-1000's mess there and then. But wouldn't you rather that Terminators Four and Five continue the story in a linear fashion?

cjbrown
after john connors experience with his t-800 protector "friend" in t-2 judgement day, it only seems that he would have faith that the machines minus skynets influence could develope a sense of 'humanity".more precisely a sense of right verses wrong. the whole war was due to the fact that neither species(human and machine) could fully appreciate the other. in fact skynet like an infant child wanted to make sense of right verses wrong when it came on line, but we humans didn't evenknow how to make sense of it ourselves. teaching machines to accept the uncertainty of the meaning of existence is to give them equal footing in our understanding of reality.the only certainty that can be detected is how we respond and treat each other immediatly. that would be the start of mutual discovery for both man and machine.

elfirrepins
John Connor bears a son and calls him Thomas Anderson, a.k.a Neo, a.k.a Tom Connor.

U Neek
Hey all, a thought just occurred to me that I don't think anyone has previously mentioned.

The end of the war would not necessarily signify the end of the fighting just because SkyNet has been taken down. It would probably influence further conflicts, but this time between man, which has gone on since time began. For example, as the whole human race was nearly exterminated, you may get groups, or factions if you will, of people claiming they have the right to go about putting things right now that the evil has been removed.

This could lead to groups acquiring sets of Terminator models and using them to do the group's fighting against their fellow human counterparts, as was originally intended when the idea of SkyNet came about. However, there's the risk of these machines becoming self aware and the whole process starts off all over again. A never ending loop of fighting between man and machine, just like the one with Kyle Reese going back to not just protect Sarah Connor, but to impregnate her also.

Whilst this type of theory would allow for a countless number of more Terminator films to be produced it would be akin to Manchester United winning the Premiership title again and again.

-U

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.