I Have Lotr Return Of The King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

merryandpipsgig
i just got it yesterday, good quality, its amazing i got it off this download site i also got pippins song and merry and pips drinking song its good.

Exa
Really?
I only know a quite bad quality version.
Where did you get yours?

Melani
hey I have it too!!

A.D. Skinner
I have it too...Very good quality

Have watched it almost every night for the past 2 weeks !

Godzilla2000
Well, I for one think downloading movies currently in the theater is deplorable. You should be ashamed of yourself that you were too cheap to pay.

feanor
laughing

Phoenix
But you all know i'm gonna buy the proper dvd for the special features, and the EE for the extra specal stuff, and probably the vid too, cos I'm weird!!

I'm such a fanatic...

A.D. Skinner
Say what you must, but I went and saw it 4 times in the theatre. I love the big screen...so I have paid my dues.

Not to mention when it does come out on DVD, I will buy that, and then when the Extended version comes out, I will be buying that as well.

Do not speak to me about shame. laughing out loud

Phoenix
I've only seen it twice at the cinema....

And you know I'll still go see it at the cinema even after I've downloaded it ! eek! laughing out loud

Godzilla2000
Would you think it funny if this reprehensible practice stymied the budgets of films? Just think of the ramifications of cheating a studio out of money. Budgets could be lowered because they do not have the funds for talent, special FX etc. It's simple economics at work here.

A.D. Skinner
Budgets of films ? What are you even talking about ? Does watching a sports game on TV lesson the teams budget because you are not at the stadium watching the game ? No I think not.

Everyone here who has a copy to enjoy in the privacy of their own home, all have stated that they have spent their money going to see it in the theatre.

How many times have you gone and seen ROTK ?

Member.
who'd waste time dl it? couldn't u wait?

A.D. Skinner
No, I can't

"I want a Gold Ticket, and I want one NOW !"

Member.
ok...

Godzilla2000
*sighs* No. I'm talking about money as a resource. Simple economics here. A studio gains money for future products by hawking their movies to theaters for a profit. In layman's terms:

Stealing from a store lessens the profit of said merchant if you do not pay for said product.

Much the same can be said when you do not pay for a movie ticket. The Box Office intake of a movie goes not just for the people involved in the movie, but the studio that distributes it as well. Say, New Line distributes ROTK. If because of people downloading the movie do not pay for their tickets, New Line will not make as much money as it should because people are getting it for free on the internet. Therefore Newline Studio will not have that pecentage of the profit to put in the coffers for future movie productions from each ticket sale they could have gotten of said downloader had actually paid to see the movie.

Member.
u think the same way about dl music off net?

Phoenix
erm... Godzilla? Lots of good points there, but you have overlooked one thing...

WE ARE OBSESSIVE!!! big grin

We will go and see RotK again and again and again and again... whether we have the DVD or not!

Godzilla2000
Well, it would depend. Music and theatrically released movies are two different beasts altogether. Music is more publically accessible than movies in a theater. Alot of very fine artists without National exposure thrive on samples of their music being downloaded online by people. They usually provide links to where you can get their albums if you like their music. Now if one were downloading whole albums from artists before they've been released and afterwards, I object to it. There's this little thing called copyrighting which is a very sticky,legally binding thing which is why RIAA has been handing out hefty lawsuits because downloading unreleased material is kind of illegal. My concession is that any songs released to the public via radio should be released to the public. For example: Evanescence has released downloadable MP3's of their single My Immortal. Basically, I believe anything that has been released on the public airwaves be it Radio or TV, and notice I say public airwaves, not in a theater that gets it's living from ticket sales, should be allowed to be downloaded. Because let's face it, alot of us have probably taped things from the TV or recorded things from the radio.

feanor
I for one do not think it funny, by any means. It just sounded like something my father would have said to me. However I do agree with you on that subject, unfortunately it can't be stopped. It's human nature for all of us to find a way of attainings things that is in someway against the establishment whether for good or ill.

Phoenix
erm... I still plan to go see rotk at the cinema at least three more times.... its so much better there!

And, hey, i have to pay six quid just for the ticket, so I have already paid over 20 quid to the bloody establishment!

Godzilla2000
Well, I guess I'm a little excessive when it comes to a certain character not being in the theatrical version of ROTK. I'll let you guess who it is and he's not the great eye but pretty close to it.

Phoenix
probs be in the EE - which I plan on getting the box set of as soon as its released! big grinbig grinbig grin

Godzilla2000
Well, I am 31, so I guess I'm kind of close to your dad's age by perhaps a ten year span perhaps? Why, when I was 4, Star Wars: A New Hope had been released in the theaters, of which I vaguely remember seeing it. I guess I love the LOTR Trilogy and I want it to succeed financially because it is kind of like the Star Wars Trilogy of this generation. I just picture all those little kiddies clutching their talking Dark Lord Sauron figures like I used to clutch my Darth Vader figure....

Godzilla2000
Well, I'm almost quite certain MOS is a lock for the EE, but I heard something a little disturbing....

*Spoiler - Turn back now if you don't want me to ruin things!*
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

*Spoiler*
I heard from set reports, etc, that Aragorn slays the Mouth of Sauron. I have to admit that made me leary because it would totally betray Gandalf's whole controling another's destiny speech in Moria. While yes, MOS is evil, it's not up to Aragorn to slay him just because he was being snarky. Of course my other thought was that MOS struck out at Aragorn, which considering MOS' personality would be most unlike him because he uses words as a weapon, not swords. Of course I did hear people swear up and down that Aragorn faces Sauron at the Morannon. But then again people might be mistaking MOS for Sauron or Sauron is speaking through MOS and appears before Aragorn. Just think of it as an illusion, kind of like the illusion Luke saw of Darth Vader of you will. I'd buy Aragorn slaying MOS more if that be the case.

A.D. Skinner
Godzilla...I too am 31 and vaguely remember going to see the original release of Star Wars - A New Hope when I was taken to see it with my parents. When I was old enough and had the means, I purchased the trilogy on VHS. When the series was re-released in the theatres, I was first in line and went to see it multiple times, for there is something about seeing it on the big screen rather than one's TV at home. Even when they released the Extended/Digitally Remastered versions, I picked up a copy of that as well. I have three different copies of Star Wars ( 4,5, and 6 ) and went to see it in the theatre multiple times as well.
The Studios make their money on the movie lovers such as us in this forum. The ones that stand in line to get tickets on opening day, and then see it over and over again. The ones that go to the stores and buy the movies when they are released, and then go out and re-buy the same movie just so we can see 30 seconds of film that was not in the theatre.

Piracy is a crime, and it does hurt the film industry when people download their films without paying the price of a ticket...but choose your arguements wisely. Everyone here has in fact stated that they have paid more than once for the viewing of ROTK to the studio.

- LOTR Fan

pip-foot
could you post the link whre you donloaded the movie. it would b emuch appreciated. thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

PippinTook
I agree with pip-foot. I would VERY much like the link to that site!!! big grin

And Godzilla, it wouldn't even matter if we downloaded it because most of us have seen, and are planning to see plenty more times, ROTK in theaters. I, myself, have seen it only five times. Yes, I said ONLY. I'm planning to go tomorrow, too, to an IMAX theater stick out tongue Whoop! Even if I DID actually get the link to the site (*cough merryandpipsgig cough*), I'd still go see it in cinemas at least three more times...probably more though.

Kitoky
I rather see RotK again for the 18th time then get a bootleg one....

orlandoOYEA
I agree Kit, the longer you wait the better it is when you get it

pip-foot
yes, but some of us are not rich enough to enjoy it at the theaters more than 2 or 3 times sad plus i have no one to go with. it's like noone here likes LOTR sad quite deppressing

orlandoOYEA
I mean the longer you wait for the DVD the better it is when you watch it

pip-foot
yes, it is, but that doesnt stop me from wanting to see it again and agian and agian and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down like a lunatic* I think i might have had a bit more ale then was sensible last nigh.

orlandoOYEA
lol laughing out loud

Phoenix
Me going to see RotK for the third time tomorrow! big grinbig grin

*very happy*

Godzilla2000
I have to agree. I put myself on forced LOTR fasts so that I have the energy to sit through watching all the movies one after the other. Too much of watching them in succession and you can get pretty burned out.

enya
where did you download it from i really want it as i have seen it as many times as my budget will let me

Phoenix
I spend all my babysitting money on seeing it! big grin

pip-foot
burned out of LOTR??????????? It tisnt possible!!!! your insane!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never get sick of LOTR or PIppin!!!!! laughing laughing laughing eek!

enya
ahhhhhhhhhhhh i really need to see it again ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

PippinTook
Same here enya!! And I'm broke....I've seen it five times (I was supposed to go today but, again, I'm broke and my parents aren't gonna take me...arggg) and I wanted to see it bunches more...if I had the money, which I don't. And neither do my parents. Eh not having money sucks sad

enya
ahh i need money- sad we can just wollow in our own meserie togetha

were did u people down load it from us broke people need to know

PippinTook
Hmmm I'm guessing no one's going to tell us, enya....sad They laugh at our empty pockets.....

K I gotta go...Buh bye all.

enya
bye bye

PippinTook
K I'm back....*humph* So no one's gonna tell us poor folk what the link to that site is then??

Member.
wait 9 months, then they'll give it to u.

flickerstick
Honestly, just get over it. I can sympathize with the fact that you have spent all you can to see the movie in the theater. I've done the same. However, that doesn't automatically give you the right to go download it. When I can't afford something, I do something very simple. I go without it until I am able to afford it. I'm not going to go into the ethics of whether or not doing something like this is right, but I hate hearing the "I'm poor/broke" excuse as a justification for it. Not being able to afford a car does not give you the right to go out and steal one. The same goes with any other pleasure item.

******warning - OT rant approaching*******

The same thing goes for people who say they download music because music nowadays is not good anymore. Before someone says it, yes, I believe that CDs are overpriced and that an insignificant amount actually goes to the artists that make the music. Anyways, I only have one question to those who say they download the music because it's not worth paying for. If the music is that bad, why waste time even listening to it in the first place? I really don't get why people use this argument. Once again, I'm not taking a side on any downloading issues. I just think this is a dumb argument.

Phoenix
Erm... I still plan to get the video, the dvd AND the extended dvd box set, after downloading it off the net. And I still plan to see it a few more times in the cinema too!

shadow link
yeah so where do u get it ( pippins song not te movie, ill just see it at movies a million times thanx)

enya
i will still but the DVD ad extnded version too- and im sorry if i cant bear to go without LOTRs- and when i get money (and dats after i have spent my money on my friends birthday pressie) i will probably go to the cinema aswell cos nothin beats the cinema affect

ATM4eternity
does any1 have an good idea of when the first dvd is gonna come out, cause im gonna get both of them but i want to kno for the first one so i cant delete it off my comp like 3 months before so it will give me that good waiting feeling, cause i got it off kazaa

enya
u say say u got it of kazaa- yes someone is helpful- thank u thank u

and the dvd usually comes out in august! hopefully being the last one it will come out earlier- just hoping really

PippinTook
I tried downloading it from kazaa....But my computer's much to slow confused Eh, I hate my computer.

And, flickerstick, even if we do download it, you KNOW we're gonna go see it in cinemas at least a few more times. I'm gonna try to get some more money (somehow) to see it again.....hopefully....or I could just go with some friends and let them pay shifty Hehehehe....Oh, sorry, thinking aloud. K I'm gonna go now stick out tongue

enya
aw poor pippin took- i havent had a chance to download it yet but i just got a new computer so hopefully it will work

A.D. Skinner
Kazaa only has one working copy...be warned that there are viruses when downloading ROTK from that sight.

mad Viruses

Isilcal
I tried downloading it but the next day I got a virus .. sad So I dont have Kazaa anymore... sad

A.D. Skinner
Best to have some kind of virus software on your computer if you are going to use a program like kazaa. A lot of people like adding viruses to the downloads...so beware.

samIam
ooo scary!!! I have no clue how to download so i think I;ll stay away! but i am dying to see it again!!

Extol
it's quite hard to pay for something that you can not buy anywhere.

merryandpipsgig
hey im going to buy it when it comes out on dvd i have seen it 11 times at the cinema no jokes. i went to gold class bout 5 times.

P-NuT
would that happen to be gold class cinema in melbourne merryandpipsig. A village cinema perhaps, because i also saw it there.

enya
ahh my sis downloded kazza and she got a virus stay away!!!!!!

A.D. Skinner
I told you that the version on Kazaa isn't a good one. Have to love those hackers ! ( not really )

enya
grrr damn hackers!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.