Most Overated\underated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ANGELIQUE
WHO IS THE MOST OVERATED AND UNDERATED
ACTOR AND ACTRESS IN HOLLYWOOD TODAY!

wicker_man
Underated ~
Liam Cunningham (Dog Soldiers & War of the Buttons)
Brendan Gleeson (28 Days Later & Braveheart)
Christopher Ecclestone (Gone In Sixty Seconds & 28 Days Later)
Matthew Rhys (Deathwatch)
Frances McDormand (Fargo & Bedazzled)
Hugo Speer (Deathwatch & The Full Monty)
Tom Wilkinson (The Full Monty & In The Bedroom)
Damien Lewis (TV's Band of Brothers & Dreamcatcher)
Ben Kingsley (Sexy Beast & Sneakers)

matchbox
Underated:
Richard Dean Anderson
I know many people think of him as a big TV star, and so do i. BUT he is a great actor, when you watch him it is like he is talking to you, not like other actors who you can tell that they are remebering lines for a bit of paper. he makes him lines like he is saying them all out the mouth of the character, as a real person would.

He should make more movies, and should be made a massive star in hollywood, bigger than Brad Pitt and all the other smucks there are today, who are all crap actors!

sblomiexisxsexy
DOMINIC MONAGHAN AND BILLY BOYD! the are so under rated. ive never seen a mag in the US with them on the cover, but theyre gorgeous, amazing actors! plus they have great personalities. you know, the kind you can really hang onto, not like brad pitt and tom cruise and all of dem.

Kella
Okay...on this one I have to be on your side Sblomie.

they are both very talented. I think they should be more recognized. Its a shame they aren't while Orlando gets all the fame for his pretty face....not so great an actor though....

sblomiexisxsexy
I AGREE! what does that tell you aboot the world? that we only recognize people for thier pretty faces?? i mean, come on. blink

BloomBabyGirl
well you cant exactly see personalit yfrom across a room

Punkyhermy
Overrated:Miss Watson.

rainbowbright
I think Orlando Bloom is a bit overrated. Not that it's really his fault or anything. He can't help what fans do. And I will admit that he looks good, but I'm not so sure about his acting. Just a personal opinion.

KMC
^Have to agree on the Bloom thing.

Underrated- Paul Bettany.

Kate xx

PippinTook
I agree with you and Kella, sblomie. yes Dom and Billy are definately underrated. confused Hardly anyone even knows who they are. It's really sad....

Kella
Absolutely...Paul Bettany is an amazing actor! I love him and he is sexy too. I think he should definitely be more recognized.

There are alot of actors that are taken for granted, but they are tons better than the ones that are in the biggest spotlights. I think we should start a club for hte underrated actors and actresses. And go worldwide to get them more noticed...but that's just me...big grin

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
Overated:
Tom Cruise
Josh Hartnett
Orlando Bloom
J.Lo

Underated:
Sean Astin
Eric bana
Ewan Mcgregor
Nicole Kidman kinda
Ian Mckellan

Kella
i think you mean....Sir Ian McKellen....laughing out loud

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
yes yes i do....yes

KidRock
Overated
Orlando Bloom

Underated
Vin Diesel.

Lord_Andres
Overrated

VIN DIESEL
DOMINIC MONAGHAN

non of'em can act at all, fact!

Princess Re
(NOTE: if you like these celebs don't read,REMEMBER this is just my opinion)

overrated:dominic monogan,Billy Boyd...they are not hot...i don't know why every one thinks they are...they look like apes...billy boyd is ok but dominic ? he looks like a baboon

underrated: sean biggerstaff....you hardly ever see fans of him anymore...i am dissapointed sad

PippinTook
Overrated means they get WAY too much credit. confused How can you say Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan are OVERrated? What the f**k? Hardly anyone knows about them because they're so underrated. And don't say they can't act because I highly doubt you've seen any of their other movies other than LOTR. Am I right? Being overrated does not mean that a couple people think they're hot, Re confused According to dictionary.com, "To rate or value too highly" is the definition of overrated. Dom and Billy are barely "valued" at all, much less "too highly." Gah...

Princess Re
i know what that mean FYI....and yes...i think they are overrated...and ugly

PippinTook
You know what? I'm really not in the mood for arguing with you, Re. That's your opinion.

Princess Re
yes it is....and i told you all that in my post...so there...case closed...

Kella
I have to agree with you Pip. How can you say Dominic Monaghan is overrated??? I could only HOPE and WISH that Dom and Billy would both be overratted instead of underrated. My god... have any of you seen their work other thatn LOTR? hello? They were in other things...

I happen to think that they are both really good actors. They are believable actors. Of course... I guess that's jsut my opinion and well...my opinion is all that counts to me in this matter. argue

Princess Re
as it does to me as well...so stick to your opinoin ans i'll stick to mine....case closed

*Georgina_A*
^^ yes

Overrated

Emma Watson
Daniel Radcliffe
Orlando Bloom

PippinTook
^ yes I agree with that.

drubby
Most Overrated:
1. Ben Affleck
2. Jennifer Lopez

Most Underrated:
1. Brad Pitt
2. Cate Blanchet

BloomBabyGirl
overated
orladno bloom and josh hartnett along with ashton kutcher. pple mistake

theyre good looks for amazing acting skills

PippinTook
Amen, BBG! Happy Dance Hey...You got your old name back! What happened to the JFro one? confused

Kella
YAY!!!! she did get BBG back! whoo-hoo! Happy Dance

and yeah... Looks and talent are two VERY different things.

BackFire
Overrated:
Julia Roberts
Russel Crowe
Steven Speilberg
Tom Cruise
Orlando Bloom
Halle Berry

Underrated:
Philip Seymore Hoffman
Dylan Baker
Ron Pearlman
Jennifer Connely
Brad Renfro
Micheal Rooker
Jim Carey
Robin Williams
Ian Holm
Monica Belluci.

KMC
Aagh! Julia Roberts! So overrated. she always plays the same 'smile through you tears' character. (with the exception of Erin Brockevich (sp?)) grr...

Kate xx

forumcrew
under rated
John C Riley
Philip seymore hoffman
dakota fanning

BloomBabyGirl
my computer an i agreed it would only f*uck up when i have to do homewrok so i have an excuse not to do it big grin

Kella
sad I like Julia Roberts...I kinda share her personality.
She may be a little over rated, but I still like her.

BloomBabyGirl
she look slike ahorse blink shes not a very good actress either and al her roles are almost the same

Kella
cry I still like her...

BloomBabyGirl
im sorry. im PMSing really bad this month.

forumcrew
playing a lot of the same rolls doesnt mean you cant act.. just means you havnt seen them act any different... for all those ashton kutcher haters.. he did a decent job with butterfly effect.. and hes pretty funny on that 70s show.. and he definantly has to act very differently

trav6612
underrated Kate Beckinsale, milla jovovich(spelling?), angelina jolie, overated not sure let me think......

pr1983
overrated
hilary duff
lindsay lohan
clive owen
halle berry

undrerrated
brendan gleeson

WindDancer

MC Mike
Overrated:
Orlando Bloom
Billy Boyd
That other hobbit
Ashton Kutcher
Hilary Duff
Emma Watson!!

And all those other actors/actresses the teens herd to in the masses. stick out tongue

BloomBabyGirl
now how are the hobbits overated? most ppl edont even kno theyre names

pr1983
great list i totally agree

PippinTook
I agree with BBG about the hobbit thing....Those two (Billy and Dom for those who don't know their names) are NOT f*cking overrated! mad Teens don't "herd to them in the masses," either...confused My friend and I are the only teenagers I know of who like them. And she's the only one I know who likes them outside of this forum. What the f**k? The people on here who like them are mostly adults. There might be one other teenager besides me who likes them. And I'm not one of those shitty ass losers who only like them for their looks. I respect Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan for their acting skills. yes And like Kella said on one of these pages, where, besides here, are they overrated, eh? You never hear about them on TV or on the radio or magazines or anything, like you do with Orlando Bloom and all those other b!tches who can't act and are only popular cause they have a pretty face. And besides LOTR, they're not in any other huge movies....The movies/TV shows they were/are on, no one's ever even heard of....What the f**k? It's bullshit how you think they're OVERrated. They're two of the most underrated actors I know.

desiringhaydenc
Underated:
Hayden Christensen
Ewan Mcgregor
Tom Welling
Joaquin Phoenix
Matt Damon
Jena Malone

Overated:
Keira Knightly
Halle Berry
Brittany Spears
Julia Roberts
J-Lo
Cameron Diaz
Jessica Simpson
Can't think of anymore right this instant.
Jen

Kella
laughing out loud Let it all out girlie. I have to agree though... I'm a huge fan, but other than on here...and the sites dedicated to them...I don't know where you think they could be overrated. blink

PippinTook
Exactly! stick out tongue laughing out loud

LadyDeath
yeah....britney spears is SO overrated

Bantache
Overated: Orlando Bloom
Jenifer Aniston

Underated:
David Wenham
Alan Rickman
Kate Agnew
There is NO denying it, none. so sad

desiringhaydenc
Oh yeah I totally forgot Jennifer Aniston,she's too overated,the only reason she's famous is because of her husband Brad Pitt. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MC Mike

LadyDeath
yeah i hate jeniffer aniston...she's just a pretty face

Kella
Happy Dance YAY! Great investigative reporting there darlin.
Despite what you may or may not believe...I like the roles they have played. I don't care much for the big hollywood actors. I like the simple guys. I think...no matter the size of the role they can do a good job.
If you believe they are overrated...so be it. I shall continue my efforts to overrate them. I'm glad it's working so far. big grin

p.s.- MCMike....I love the movies you listed in your profile...you have great taste in films. big grin

MC Mike
Thank you, I don't want this to make a hate-hate relationship. erm

But opinions are opinions, and we all have our own point of view. big grin

Kella
Absolutely...and uhm...I don't hate. There are very few people that I do hate. big grin

Excpet maybe...oh I can't get into politics...not on this thread...

PippinTook
^ laughing out loud

I agree with Kella. big grin Billy and Dom might not have HUGE roles, but I enjoy the ones they do/did have. stick out tongue And thanks for not making this into a huge arguement about all this, MC Mike. big grin Unlike practically everyone else on this thread. erm I respect you and everyone else's opinions and everyone should respect mine and everyone else's on this thread. smile

Inwë Nólatári
ok, just so you know Pippin Took, there ARE a lot of people who appreciate dom&billy! my best friend and i totally love them! they are great actors, they just haven't made a big break. thats why no one thinks they can be great from just doing LOTR.

just wait all of you people who do like dom and billy ! they will show us their true range of talent soon enough!

Kella
DAMN STRAIGHT!!!! come and join us in the Dom thread...become one of the chosen ones... laughing out loud LMFAO! j/k ...but seriously...come chill with us...
bask in the wonders of Dom and Billeh.... big grin

BENDER_17
pleas don`t cry or i am starting crying crybaby

Kella
^^^I was a bit upset...but I am better now. Thanks. big grin

BENDER_17
ooh thank god Happy Dance

BENDER_17
overated:
halle berry then halle berry and of course halle berry dit i said helle berry ??
underated:
eric bana(he was awesome in chopper)
christian bale(performenc in american psycho was great)

Elijah's Girl
Overrated: The Olsen twins. Honestly, I know they're pretty and all, but they really aren't good actresses. And having their own brand of everything? That's going a little far.

Underrated: Viggo Mortensen. He's been in so many different kinds of movies and played his parts wonderfully. I just don't think he's recognized enough; sure, Lord of the Rings made his name much more well-known, but I don't think his acting is noticed much (I too am guilty of being one of the many who notice how stunningly gorgeous he looks in all that grease).

Rupert Grint. Has anyone noticed how natural his character is? I haven't heard many comments on his acting, because he's just....Ron. He plays his part beautifully, and though he doesn't look exactly like his character, he's always just "Ron" throughout the movies and never "Rupert" to me. I think he's an excellent actor (and improving tons every movie, and I even thought he was good in the first one) and I think he'll go far if he chooses to continue acting.

Kella
I agree about Viggo. he's so dedicated to his parts. He is so good. I just wish he was more recognized. But yes...he is smashing as Aragorn isn't he? RAWR!

And Rupert... he is and always will be Ron. I see he will have a bright future if he makes the right choices. I love him to death. He is so good at being Ron. I want to see him elsewhere, but I know Harry Potter is his main thing for now.

I give you guys both two thumbs way way up and I hope you keep on doin what you do so well. big grin

BENDER_17
halle berry again!
she did not deserve that oscar for monsters ball because:
her acting was weak and she was only able to scream and cry (and all that very bad) and show her titts a little bit.
an second of all:
i dont see the diffrents between the acting in MONSTERS BALL and GOTHIKA, screaming and crying all the same. ooh.. and after seeing the trailer of monsters ball i saw the hole movie.( again, no joke)

PippinTook
I know a lot of people like Billy and Dom....I just meant a bunch of the people on these threads are against them for some reason... And I only know about three people outside of this forum who like them....Actually, I only know about three people who even know who they are. erm

azyne
Overrated:
Hilary Duff
MK&A Olsen
Avril Lavigne (holy crap, she sux live)
all those other little kids attacking Hollywood with blonde hair and no talent

Underrated: totally agree on Rupert Grint. He's SO awesome at being Ron.
John Rhys-Meyers and Parminder Nagra from Bend it Like Beckham. They're both really amazing actors and I hardly see them anywhere...ER isn't good enough for Parminder big grin

PippinTook
I agree with the Rupert Grint being underrated thing. yes Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson (Harry and Hermione) get so much attention, and yet Rupert hardly gets any and, in my opinion, he was the best one in the HP movies.... sad

PureBlood101
emma watson is not!! she's pretty and perfect in every way!! overrated: hilary duff, halie duff, leonardo di caprio, lindsay lohan,orlando bloom, johnny depp, paris hilton, nichole hilton, billy bloyd, brad pitt, and others but i can't think of any

PureBlood101
and rupert grint, daniel radcliffe, and tom felton arn't but avril levine is

PureBlood101
marykate and ashley olson deffinately

PippinTook
Dude, stop spamming. What the f**k?

You need to get a life, chick. No one's perfect, alright? Even I don't say the celebs I adore are perfect. What the f**k?

And like I've said plenty of times before, Billy Boyd's not overrated...And you spelled his name wrong, genius. confused

And, yes, Daniel Radcliffe is way overrated. Rupert and Tom aren't, but Dan and Emma definately are.

PureBlood101
no they arn't!! you r!!

azyne
ouch. that must have hurt. -.-

actually, as pretty as i think emma is, that's all she is, lol...i know for a fact that even i could be a better hermione than her, and i've barely acted in anything. so when they say "its amazing that emma watson could get this role with only 2 schoolplay's worth of experience"...well, they're right! big grin

lindsay is also overrated. she's a good actress, but she gets more attention than she deserves...but so do ALL pretty hollywood actresses/singers/wannabes. honestly, u could put all their talent together and it still wouldn't equal half as much as john travolta or denzel washington...and OMG don't get me started on brad pitt. seriously, the guy talks and calls it acting, has a cocky air no matter WHAT his role, and seems to think he's the king of kings. yah, he's good looking but from the few movies i've seen of him, he SUX!

forumcrew
how can you say angelina is under rated? shes a pretty damn big star. I think shes a very good actress but needs a new agents because she takes some bad roles.. mr and mrs smith looks promissing thought.. MIlla is one that is very under-rated though.. and whats funny is she just took over for a project that kate beckinsale droped out of

Kella
Maybe he means that she's underated as a human being...Angelina I mean. People think so horribly of her sometimes. She really is a nice person...just a little different.
And yes, Milla is underated. I love her. She is so awesome. She doesn't get half the credit she deserves. big grin

PippinTook
Are you saying I'm overrated or something? What the f**k? roll eyes (sarcastic) You really need to get yourself a life, dude.

Little Vamp
emm...emm....emm....nvm

PureBlood101
I'm not a dude thank u very much!!Emma Watson Rox!! Kiera Knighty Sux!!

azyne
Holy sheesh, someone's got an awful lot of time to colour Emma's entire shirt..

Kella
she calls everyone dude....don't take offense. blink

Little Vamp
yeah dude lol

PippinTook
Kella's right, dude. I call everyone dude. stick out tongue You don't have to freak out about it...What the f**k?

#1Rupert_Lover
I think Rupert Grint is underrated. he has such great talent, and not many seem to notice it. if I were making a movie, I'd have him be the male lead.

I think Orlando bloom's overrated. a lot of girls think he's goodlooking that they don't really pay attention to his acting, and if you do pay attention, he's horrible.

I also think Dan and Emma are kind of overrated. they're good at acting and everything, but I think Rupert's better than them at acting, and it seems they get a lot more credit than him, which always gets on my nerves.

DeVi| D0do
Over-rated: KEANU REEVES!

My God... this guy has less acting talent than a plank of wood!

and I know many people don't like him, but any respect at all is still far too much!

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by ANGELIQUE
WHO IS THE MOST OVERATED AND UNDERATED
ACTOR AND ACTRESS IN HOLLYWOOD TODAY!

Ellen (From the Ellen show) and Rosie O'Donneled.Both Overated.JM laughing

Bantache
Rupert Grint has got personality, unlike Dan and Emma, if you watch them in interviews it's quite painful

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by Bantache
Rupert Grint has got personality, unlike Dan and Emma, if you watch them in interviews it's quite painful

I agree with you on that one.

Bantache
glad to know at least one person does!

epro
Overrated: Angelina Jolie (yeah she's gorgeous but I don't think she's all that talented)
Orlando Bloom
Josh Hartnett
Brad Pitt

Underrated: Mark Wahlberg
SETH GREEN
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Elisha Cuthbert

Morning_Glory
Halle Berry

Paris Hilton
Nicole ritchie
tyler hilton

Bantache
Who is Paris Hilton? I'm probably being really, really thick, but i have NEVER heard of her.

#1Rupert_Lover
I've heard and saw pictures of Paris Hilton, but I've never seen a movie with her in it.

Bantache
She does movies? She is the daughter of whoever it is to do with Hilton hotels isn't she? Ok, really show how thick i am now.

Court Radcliffe
overated
orlando bloom
underated
daniel radcliffe
emma waston
rupert grint
tom felton

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by Bantache
She does movies? She is the daughter of whoever it is to do with Hilton hotels isn't she? Ok, really show how thick i am now.

Actually, I heard she had a cameo in house of wax, or something like that.

Celtic Diva
Lindsay Lohan, without a doubt. She used to have a great body, beautiful hair.....now she looks anorexic and her hair looks like crap. "Black guys love me??" Puh-lease!!!! And who the hell told her she could sing? Yick!

ThePhantomsKiss
Hmm..

Overated:
Daniel Radcliffe
Emma Watson
Rupert Grint
Ben Affleck (SP)
Tom Cruise
Orlando Bloom
Jennifer Lopez
Emmy Rossum

MAVSFAN
Underated:

John C Riley
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Steve Buscemi
Don Cheadle
Djimon Hounsu (or however you spell his last name)
William H Macy
Paul Bettany
Jack Black
Danny Trejo
Michael Madsen
Tim Robbins
Ving Rhames
Lawrence Fishburne

Overrated:

Tom Cruise (most recently)
Katie Holmes (because of Tom Cruise)
The Frat Pack (Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller and Will Ferrell. Jack Black is underated)
Hilary Swank
Jamie Foxx

iluvcandy
Underrated:
Anne Hathaway
Rupert Grint
Lalaine

Overrated:
Emma Watson
Hilary Duff
The Olsen Twins
Emmy Rossum

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by iluvcandy
Underrated:
Anne Hathaway
Rupert Grint
Lalaine

Overrated:
Emma Watson
Hilary Duff
The Olsen Twins
Emmy Rossum

totally agree with you on that one.

Darth Nauj
Overrated: Tom Cruise, The Olsen Twins, Lindsay Lohan, Bennifer (ben affleck and jennifer garner, Bradgelina(brad pitt & angelina jolie, J.lo

underated: Sir Ian Mckellen, Carly Pope, Christina Ricci, I cant think of anyone else for know...

brooksie
For all the incredible work he has done in movies & has not been truly rewarded for them...most underated...Johnny Depp....

Most overated....Brad Pitt (he is good looking and his roles are okay...but they are never incredible)

iluvcandy
Yay! #1Rupert_Lover agrees with me! big grin Thank you! stick out tongue

#1Rupert_Lover
You know who else I think is overrated? Leonardo Dicaprio. That's just my personal opinion

You're welcome. smile

ThePhantomsKiss
Overated:
Emma Watson
Britney Spears
Vin Diesel (SP?)
Hilary Duff
Ashton Kutcher
Jessie Mcartney
Will Smith
Patrick Stewart
Michelle Rodrigez (SP..Sleepy sad)
Carman (Not Carmen electra,the skank..The christian singer Carman)
Ray Boltz

djois
underrated:
Franka Potente (Run Lola run)
Alison Lohman (Matchstick men, White oleander)
Giovanni Ribisi (Heaven!)
Evan Rachel Wood (13)
Piper Perabo (lost and delirious)
Jared Leto (requiem for a dream)
MADELINE STOWE& KATE WINSLET

Overrrated:
Jim Carrey (but brilliant in Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind)
J Lo (ieks Monster in law...)
Adam Sandler

Just plain good:
Jody Foster (almost all)
Cate Blanchett (Heaven)
Julianne Moore (magnolia)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.