Is it a bad sign when the side of your tooth falls off?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Ouch sad

Ushgarak
I think so. Bits of my lower front teeth are falling off all the time. My dentist tried tom send me to the hospital to hav something done about it but they never contacted me. Worrying.

Ratcat
This is like half the tooth... sad

Basically it was where I had a root canal done so the tooth has no real feeling in it, but the filling was pretty large and the tooth has started to disintergrate for the look of it.

Looks like I'll be going to the dentist to have it removed tomorrow. sad

Ushgarak
Yikes. Well, good luck...

Texas
Ewwwwww, that's what you get for making fun of my toothless hunchback Valentines date wink

Half the tooth fell off? Hmmmm, never heard of such a thing before confused

Ratcat
Well it sort of cracked down the middle from what I can see and broke away.

Not a big deal, no feeling it it because the root nerve was removed during the root canal work. Just feels jagged against my tongue. I knew it was gonna go eventually, dentist already told me as much last spring. Guess I'll have to have a bridge or something.

Didn't even feel it fall away, I was eating an ommlette at the time, what I thoughtr was a piece of eggshell must have been a bit of the broken tooth. Guess that's what us ancient 33 year olds have to get used to.

Texas
Poor RC sad
Dont worry, I'm not going to make fun of your old age, in the midst of a medical emergency like this. wink
Just hold that chin up, and dont worry to much, there always dentures wink

finti
no things like that might happen and if you had root canal on it just may be sloppy work from the dentist.
I ve heard of others who had root canal and the tooth cracked after some years so ...
and Tex you know a fist can do same and more damaging work to your teeth evil face evil face evil face

Ratcat
Yeah, the root was done when I was 18. Had a massive absess in it, had to be refilled ttwo years ago because the tooth had weakened.

Wasn't a case of if it would crack, but when.

Actuallt it doesn't hurt at all, no nerve in it you see.

yerssot
Half a tooth? I think we have a new worldrecord here! smile

Dim
I broke the bottom half of one of my canine teeth off in my sleep (grinding) but I've never heard of something like half just falling off...I'm sorry. That kind of stuff is a major pain.

Texas
You should take a picture and post it.

Edna Witch
I completely smashed my right front tooth when i got a tennis racket in my mouth at full speed! Bloody painful. Lots of blood and I didn't even realise what I had done until I started pitting bits of tooth out into my hand. And my god you should have seen the size of my lip! Attractive!

yerssot
Tex: not a good idea...

Anyway, teeth falling of, that reminds me of my accident:

I was playing soccer with my friends at school and I was goalkeeper.
The ball came perfectly in front of me and I dove towards it, I got it but someone didn't saw my "tigerjump" and he kicked (intention was the ball) but he hit my face sad piece of my tooth is off, and I was knock-out for a time,... so they say.
I'm still not sure if that last one is true, heck, I don't even remember that one!

finti
is this long ago yers cause you are still dizzy, almost like you are punchdrunk big grin

yerssot
7 years, and still counting smile

finti
like 1, 2 ehhhh

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)
one, two, five ofcourse!

Texas
Yers and Edna should of sued!
Accident or no accident, someone knocks out one of my pearly whites, there gonna pay! smokin'

RC cant sue cause he was smacking on ommlettes at the time stick out tongue
wink wink wink

yerssot
as a result he will never eat omlets again...

ToMacco
RatCat, if your tooth fell in half, then you know bad shit is going down. Go to the dentist, man!

Ratcat
Well pardon me for eating dinner. stick out tongue

yerssot
Rat, how are you now?

Ushgarak
Sueing for a borken tooth? Might have made sense if the treatment had actually COST Edna anything, or if she in any way harboured a grudge against the guy who did it, and if she could definitviely prove that it was ONLY his fault, and if she was a money-grabbing *****, and so on...

Dim
Anyway..just get it fixed..wouldn't want to get an infection or something.

ToMacco
I hate sitting in a dentist office, and you can hear that drill noise. sad

yerssot
that's nothing! But those people screaming!
wait...

I love going to the dentist smile

Texas
That's the American way........................ stick out tongue

Texas
I need to make you some of my good old fashioned southern style ommlettess. Been making them for years, and haven't broken a tooth yet cool smokin'

sand person no. 10
i lost half a tooth when i bit on a polo (a mint) although i was drinking tea at the time with half tea and have sugar, might explain the weakened state of my teeth. bloody hurt,

Texas
Holy shark toes Batman!!!

Three British people with weak broken falling out teeth!!!!!!!

You know this isn't exactly helping to end the stereotype that British people have bad teeth evil face

ToMacco
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Texas
evil face

ToMacco
There was a Simpsons Episode where Lisa needs braces. (It's funnier than hell, but I won't get into most of it).

Anyway, while Lisa is in the waiting room, the dentist is seeing Ralf. And he asks him how often he brushes his teeth. Then the dentist pulls out "The Big Book of Brittish Smiles". In it, it showed all these people with raunchy teeth. laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Texas
You know we're in trouble now!
big grin

ToMacco
But everyone over there won't use the ( big grin ) icon, because the teeth will be all messed up evil face rolling on floor laughing

Texas
Your really asking for it aren't you?

I'm just getting revenge for all the cowboy, 10 gallon hat, sand, steer, hick, president Bush, walker, jokes I've gotten these past 8 months big grin

ToMacco
Anyone with a different. . . ah. . . culture than us, is going to tease us.

keokiswahine
If you want strong teeth, drink your milk or take your calcium tablets.

If you want to improve your teeth's looks, have a dentist cap them. big grin

ToMacco
All those overseas, take note smokin'

finti
big grin big grin
but I am not British. eek!
And we are taking note To so here is another Bush quote:
"It's your money. You paid for it"
big grin

ToMacco
I've seen Darth Mauls teeth. They are yellow like Big Bird evil face

finti
I thought they were black... ish confused

Ratcat
Hmmm, well I'd rather eat more healthily than rely on artificial means. Wish I'd done that in the first place... Oh well, milks good though. smile

finti
from sane Norwegian cows of course big grin

Gundark
Sorry about your tooth, RC....

I hate going to the dentist. Its quieter than the library in there and then you hear....THE DRILL.

And there you are in the waiting room.....reading Cuspid Annual. laughing out loud

queeq
I always enjoy the pain. evil face

Gundark
I don't think Dustin Hoffman did.

queeq
Olivier did. That's my way of liking it. evil face

Texas
If I ever become super rich and famous, I'll yank out all of my teeth and replace them with sharp titanium teeth like Jaws in James Bond! cool

ToMacco
If your not careful, I'm gonna punch your teeth out before that! rolling on floor laughing

queeq
When does the show start?

Gundark
Jaws was cool.

finti
yeah sharls are scary embarrasment big grin

queeq
But only the first one, Gundy. wink

Gundark
Yes, but he is handy opening champagne bottles.

finti, whats a freakin sharl ?

queeq
Step into my closet and I'll show you. evil face

keokiswahine
oh, oh, the queeqer is getting "creative" again. watch out !!! eek! eek! eek! evil face evil face

finti
oops should have been shark, damn it embarrasment stick out tongue

Edna Witch
Hmmm anyone still got baby teeth? I do. I still have two premolars on my bottom jaw. No adult teeth to push them out apparently so they should last me a while. Seems kind of weird though still having my milk teeth. I don't have an wisdom teeth either. Well I have haf of one apparently but it is twisted on its side so it won't grow through. I have really strange teeth. Seem to have a lack of them actually. Then of course there was the canine that was going to grow through the roof of my mouth if I didn't have this nasty operation and where hideous train tracks and all sorts of different braces for three years. Drove me nuts! Thank god it is all over now. I hate the dentist! Never letting those poeple near my mouth again!

Dim
Lucky you not to have an wisdom teeth..man mine killed to have taken out.

Edna Witch
There wouldn'ty be any room in my mouth for them. My teeth reach right to the back of the bone. Infact I still don't have the second top right molar either. Great! Another tooth I am missing. And there certainly isn't any room for that one.

queeq
But I'm sure you can bite someone very painfully. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.