Scene or Image You Never Envisioned

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
I have been re-reading the Trilogy for many years and despite thinking I had envisioned every possible moment of the tale and then some ( ), I must admit that the image in my mind's eye of Gwaihir and Landroval picking up Frodo and Sam was pretty straight forward and pedestrian. HOwever, PJ's image of the Eagles enfolding the Hobbits in their talons was breathtakingly tender to me. I thought it was absolutely brilliant and it brought tears to my eyes. I still well up thinking about it

I too forgot the Galadriel reaching out her hand was in the book! I really liked that, it was touching, like "come on Frodo" with her gentle smile, as if she's saying to him "lets get you back in the game", and how her smile gets wider as he grabs her hand and she pulls him

Kitoky
Wasn't it just amazing how PJ did that? I was, at that moment, really thinking that the movies are better then the books. It's amazing how PJ changes something and makes to extremely better!

And I noticed how everyone was liek fuming because they saw Galadriel in all three movies, but she's an extremely important character, I mean she's the oldest of the elves, I think and she's the only one that really remembers Valinor.

The scene where Arwen sees that vision with Eldarion running through the forest and the scene just turns into the inside of Minas Tirith, that was so different from what I pictured (surprisingly so) and it just took my breath away and I mean...wow!

The scene where Frodo wakes up to see Gandalf, alive and well, even that scene which hardly held any words to it, that was when I first cried, the moment was THAT powerful!

Okie, rant done.

Smodden
whoa

smodden-*being drowned and smothered by emotion in this thread*

yeah i liked the nazgul part where gandalf says "he has yet to reveal his deadlest weapon," u know the rest.

ash007
oh yeah i liked it when Arwen saw the vision of her son in the future.
that indeed was a good scene brought bck good memories of me and my dad

Kitoky
I loved it when Frodo and Sam just stumbles up upon the mountainside to Mount Doom and they're just staggering up and everyone's going, "Come on, you have to do it!"

And it's just this endless eagerness, and then Gollum attacks, argh it's so amazing.

LegolasLover411
I pesonally would not mind getting my finger bitten off thank you!!! *gulps ale*

Kitoky
Argh, that finger getting bitten off, dear lord, I was about to die.

Chapel
I have always loved the illustrations of John Howe & Alan Lee so allot of stuff like Orthanc, Moria and the Black gate, the Nazgul etc were very familiar and even better for it.

Elves at Helms deep, never saw this coming, and have no problem with them being there (bit rude of them not to stick around for the battle of the Pelenor though) just have a problem with how cheaply some of them die.

I was gutted when Grond smashed through the gate of Minis Tirith and gandalf sayes "what ever come through, stand your ground" and its a bunch of trolls and not the Witch King on his Horse, hopefully the gandalf/Witch King on fell beast confrontation in the EE will make up for it.

the army of the dead looked very different to how I thought they would look (more ethereal & creepy than than horror movie spooky) they looked good though if a little computer generated at times (i think the Dead sweeping through minas Tirith is the most unrealistic effect of the 3 films)

I had always seen Rohan as wide plains/grassland but then I dont suppose they have many open plains in New Zealand.

The last stand at the Morannon was exactly as I had imagined it, the cry of "the eagles are coming, the eagles are coming" made me(a 6 foot light heavyweight boxing, rugby playing bloke) well up I can tell you.

Member.
liked it when frodo hanging on cliff thing inside mt doom and sam trying to reach him. thought for a second that frodo would fall.

Kitoky
The Elves probably didn't stick around for the Pelennor Fields, because, oh maybe, they're all DEAD? They fought their part, they aided men in the War, their time is over. Most of them had already gone to the Grey Havens or already dead, so that army sent to Helm's Deep was most likely the only elves left in Arda.

Not many elves were at the Pelennor Fields in the books either, it only mentioned Elladan and Elrohir, there were probably about 2 dozen elves at the Pelennor Fields, that's NOT much.

I'm disappointed that Prince Imrahil didn't show up. Where were the Dunedain? Halbarad? The knights od Dol Amroth?!?! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

sauron
frodo waking up and seeing gandalf was amzing..because of what sean astin remembered...he grabbed frodos hand HE GRABBED THE HAND

that was a minute part maybe a sentence in the book (the hand grabbing) but it was not left out big grin

also when the hobbits are climbing the stairs..in shelobs lair..climbing mt doom i kept thinking its going to end on a cliffhanger again...but then i remembered it CANT

when saurons eye saw frodo and frodo just fell i stopped breathing i swear to god...then when aragorn showed up "elessar...ARAGORN"

and barat dur crumbling sad

Kitoky
Eagles fighting against the Nazguls - *sobs*

sauron
yeah sad poor nazgul...i mean its not their faullt is it..they dont WANT to be evil they HAVE to do what sauron says..or wants *gulps* i mean its the ring

Godzilla2000
Well, I had read the books long before seeing ROTK, so I knew kind of what would take place. But let me tell you, it could never prepare me for the visual assault in the movie.

sauron
yeah i had read the books too

but i just kept thinking frodo was dying...and aragorn was that pile pf slime on the floor by that rather big orc

i mean i saw aragorn get a sword swung at him...then he kinda did a fall thing...and then there was a pile of dead persons......i was like confused

but i knew how it all ended and everything that happened so i was alright

rianna_d
Yeah, the eagles at the Morannon were AMAZING! I started crying when I heard 'the eagles! the eagles!' that was so beautiful! and I loved the way they picked up the hobbits, so tenderly! in the book I always liked that part, but I LOVED it in the movie!

Also Arwen seeing her son Eldarion with his ada was wonderful, it was the only thing that I wanted to see to love the movie no matter what! so I forgive PJ for whatever change he made! stick out tongue

And Sam's scene of 'I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you' was also directly from the book, actually I've never felt touched by it in the book... but it the movie MY GOD I was bawling!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.