What are your views on honour?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
To me honour is integrity, which is something that can only come from inside. The word integrity means 'the same' or 'whole'. So to have integrity means to be the same all the time, i.e. to behave the same way when you are alone as you do when you are with others. This can come from nowhere but within, because if it didn't, there would be no reason for you to behave with honour when you are alone, would there? After all, it is only you watching.

I'm often intrigued when people get caught doing something wrong, and then say they are sorry. Are they really sorry? Or just sorry they got caught?
wink

§pearhead
Prolly sorry that they got caught.

Darth Revan
depends on the person... though I think in most cases they are just trying to get out of punishment, otherwise they wouldn't have done it in the first place. On the other hand, when they don't say that they're sorry, it probably means that they really believed it was the right thing to do and aren't sorry (duh)

I think that honor is not being afraid to do what you believe is the right thing, no matter what the consequences are.

DeNiro
Here is my idea of Honor towards bodybuilding I read this once before and said yes i would.

You are stranded on a isllan on one side of the bech there is fresh water fruits and sunshine and the easy life. On the other side is a squat rack with 315 pound on the bar. Do you o sit and lounge at the beach because hey no one will see you any way whats the point of getting huge or do you say F*ck it im going to squat till i puke because i want to get huge for me and noone else. I said i would squat i mean this is truly a way to honor the sport of bodybulding. so really honor to me is sticking to your goals no matter what

Darth Revan
That's not honor that's dedication... Which is also good, it's just that they're not the same...

DeNiro
actuly ur right i just took the idea of honor wrong i was just like trying to say honor the things you do if you truly love doing them i dont know im tired and dumb not a good combo to type with

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

I'm that way about playing the cello.. If I was marooned on a desert island with a beach and stuff on one side and a cello and some really f***ing hard music on the other I'd practice the cello until I could play the music perfectly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.