Ethiopia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
It seems their is famine in Ethiopia once again and hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people are on the verge of starvation.

Question:

How far does our responsibility extend to such people? Is it enough to simply send them food, or should we intervene to build a decent irrigation system?

NOTE. The question is not about Ethiopia, but the situation, which could easily arise in other countries as well. This is not a political thread about Ethiopia.

yerssot
last time I checked at a thread about this, it turned quite nasty messed

Fire
The problem here is two sided

A) just sending aid now will probably not solve the problem in the long run.

B) if we go and teach them how to irrigate their country side and things like that we have to make sure it is them who are doing it and that they want our interference, I know this might sound strange but not all the ppl there like it when we come over there and change everything.

I think working together with those people is going to be best, but always let them remain in control and do not force them into our westren structure. If they dont want it dont shuve it down their throat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.