When will Palpatine Declarie himself Emperor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterSkywalker
when will he? AOTC of III? I think it will happen in III but it could be AOTC i even know yet but maybe you guys have a good answer for this well any thoughts on this?

finti
My guess would be in EPIII

Ushgarak
III almost certainly. Events in II really don;t move fast enough foir him to declare Emperor already.

yerssot
all decided, it's III, now close please big grin

bigsef2
Hmmm. That is something I have not thought of. Maybe the "damn fool idealistic crusade" Anakin leaves Tatooine to follow Obi-wan on is in fact, a mission to defeat the Emperor.

Suppose at the Beginning of EPIII, we find out in the scroll that in the interim b/w EpII and EpIII, Palpatine has declared himself Emperor and is using his clone Army to enforce his own form of government accross the galaxy. Trying to overthrow a dictatorship and restore a true democracy could definately be called an "idealistic crusade." And to Owen, a young man on a remote planet where the Republic has no influence, trying to restore democracy to some far off republic could easily be seen as "damn fool."

ToMacco
That sounds good.

So it has to be III, because if Anakin goes off on a cruisade with Obi-wan, it's not in II, because we already see that they are not together for most of the movie.

jedi212guy
Episode III it is then.

bigsef2
It still might happen in the middle or near the end of the movie, but GL has too much story to tell already. It will work best if Palpatine is already the Emperor before EPIII even starts. Otherwise, the scene at the end of EPII b/w Palpatine and Dooku really has no meaning.

queeq
No, I think that'll have to wait until EpIII.

bigsef2
its fodder for the opening scroll of EPIII, if i were a betting man, id put $100 on it.

queeq
Can you put your money where your mouth is?

bigsef2
why would i want to eat a 100 dollar bill? besides, it makes sense. Theres too much to tell in EPIII as it is. If the crusade Anakin and Obiwan fight in has to do with Palpatine declaring himself emperor, the story will unfold so much better. As it is, it is a MAJOR plot point of EPIII. If it doesnt happen at the beginning, theres no real conflict worthy of bringing anakin into the war. At the end of EPII, Sidious tells Dooku that everything is going as planned as tens of thousands of clones are boarding troop ships. Obviously they are going to fight Dooku. EPIII is roughly 2 years later, the war against dooku is successful. You cant hold off an army of clones that long. Before EPIII starts, Palpatine will have an army of clones and no one to stand in their way. Obiwan comes to get Anakin from Tatooine to fight against Palpatine. They most likely enlist the help of Dooku who has since come to his senses and realizes that he must help the Jedi in order to keep Palpatine from destroying him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.