The story of my life...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§pearhead
Well in school, we were taking an aptitude test to see what potential careers we would go into, weighing smarts with interests and using a bunch of statistics and stuff to give us specific career. Well yesterday I got my results back. It says, "Suggested Career Path: Invalid Response." That sums up my entire life right there...

mechmoggy
I was registered at the job centre as: -

Astronaut (Not willing to travel)

SpikeSpiegel
What exactly does that job require? big grin

§pearhead
laughing out loud Not much I guess roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
Journalist or Barrister was for me!! And guess what....im studying to become a lawyer now!! eek!

mechmoggy
Here's the story of how my career began...

After leaving school I bummed around with my mates for a few months, then finally decided I needed more cash. So I went to the careers office (now its called connexions I think) and told the lady I was always playing on and with computers, so could she find me something in that line of work.

So she typed "computers" into the database and it gave me a lead for a company in Sutton Coldfield. I went for the interview and was given the job. I started work as a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine operator, which BTW, has frig all to do with PC's or anything I was actually interested in. I only stuck with it cus they started sending me to college on an engineering course.

Beat that for a complete foul up.

§pearhead
Well...it worked out in the end. Pretty neat thumb up

mechmoggy
Well I suppose, but it still pishes me off that they got it so very wrong.

Coming from the Midlands, I was pretty much destined to end up in engineering anyway. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
Mech is a brainiak!! thumb up

mechmoggy
I wouldn't go that far, I'm doing a manufacturing degree when I'd really like to do a mechanical degree instead. Problem is my HND didn't contain enough maths to go straight onto that course.

So I took the quick easy root; lazy arse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.