Undying lands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
just to refresh my knowledge who were the 4 elves on the last ship to the undying lands with frodo and co?

orlandoOYEA
Galadriel, Celebron those are the only two i can remeber. I thnk it might have been Glorfindel. Not sure though. O and Elrond

Discos
yeah that was pretty much the only one I forgot was Glorfindel, I didnt relize he was there until someone mentioned it out on the forum and the 2nd time i went to see it I saw him.....looks fairly old

orlandoOYEA
He does doesnt he. I loved the ending, so beautiful and yet so sad.

Discos
lol my friend was bitching on for an hour afterwards (during the tradition meal after the cinema) about how the whole Trilogy ended with the view of Sam & Rosie's door lol

orlandoOYEA
laughing out loud That is pretty funny how that ended though. I liked how they did it. It portrayed the books vision perfectly

Exa
In this ship were Frodo, Gandalf, Galadriel, Elrond, Gildor and "many Elves of High Kindred".

orlandoOYEA
ooooo so it was Gildor, ok. Also Bilbo and celeborn. Am i right?

Exa

shadowy_blue
Exa - do you know if Thranduil went to Valinor too, eventually?

Exa
Yes, but a lot later; dunno when, no idea, but he stayed in middle-earth for some more time after the war of the ring and re-established the realm of Mirkwood, renaming the region Eryn Lasgalen, Forest of Green Leaves... he stayed together with Celeborn who ruled over parts of Mirkwood called eastern lorien

shadowy_blue
EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I missed what you said that you have no idea when. LOL. Thanks though. big grin

Exa
Im quite sure it was Legolas, but I dont know when Thranduil left;
And I also dont know if they left together, but seems logical;
After Galadriels parting he grew weary of middleearth and moved to Rivendell, as he is said to have left middleearth last of all elven lords, he probably went after Thranduil, though I dunno if he counts as elven lord.

shadowy_blue
oh, ok...Thanks! big grin

Smodden
yeah i think they should have ended with bag end's door(bilbo's house)

Kitoky
Um...actually the four elves in the end of RotK were Elrond, Celeborn, Galadriel and Cirdan.

Exa

Kitoky
Oh we're talking about the books, sorry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.