Father Ted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
Anyone else a fan of this show, its just a pity it only ran for three series but what a great three series. My favourite episode has to be Night of the Nearly Dead a homage to Romeros zombie classic only this time the zombies are replaced by old ladies.

R.I.P Dermot Morgan (alias Father Ted)

mechmoggy
It was a funny show for sure. cool

BarmyBrummie
i loved the episode with graham norton. LOL

DRINK! ARSE! GIRLS! Hehe big grin

wicker_man
He was in a couple (as the erratic Father Nolan) -

Season 2 : Hell & Flight Into Terror
Season 3 : The Mainland

All of which are exceptionally funny episodes.

mechmoggy
Funny as feck, you might say.

wicker_man
lol, agreed big grin

BarmyBrummie
hehe, i love father ted. Doogle's the best!!

slashwristbarbi
How cool was Farther Jack?! He was the best!! I loved the episode where they thought he was dead, and Doogle and Ted had to spend the night with his body - and then he woke up! I also loved the xmas special where the priests got lost in Irelands largest underware section, and it was like the Great Escape!

wicker_man
Agreed that was an hilarious episode, not to mention 'Entertaining Father Stone', it is actually scarey to know he was actually based upon a real priest, scary thought.

slashwristbarbi
eek! wow. Imagine getting communion from him.

slashwristbarbi
Also that one where Jack used to go sleepwalking in his socks and hat

wicker_man
The episode you are referring to is The Plague (Series 2) also featuring the plague of rabbits that terrorized not only the Parochial house but also the Craggy Island trio's feared visitor Bishop Len Brennan who subsequently has a fear of rabbits...such a funny episode.

slashwristbarbi
Hehehe.....evil wabbits! I keep remembering loads of my favourites. Another is when the bishops come to visit and Ted tries to teack Jack to say words other then Drink, Feck, and Girls, and he spends the whole visit repeating the same 2 phrases over and over. That was such a funny programme. So sad the way it ened sad

wicker_man
The final episode of series three (which subsequently turned out to be the final ever) originally had Father Ted out of the ledge as well as that young priest both of who were contemplating suicide however due to Dermot Morgans sudden passing the scene was cut at the very last minute. What really made it such a sad episode was the clips that highlighted all the significant moments of the entire programme.

eleveninches
I think this show is so great. I've just finished watching one of the episodes.

I like the speed spoof, where they put doogle on a milk crate going round the roundabout.

I think the one where they kick the pope up the arse is good.
There are so many good episodes, I can't remember them all.

Doogle is the best character on it smile

claidisa_felton
i luv 'a christmassy ted'.
its sooo hilarious when mrs doyle is tryin to guess tod's name!!!

must_kill_Santa
we have a student english teacher that looks and sounds just like mrs doyle

claidisa_felton
LMAO!!! i wanna meet her, mrs doyle is sooo cool!

crazy_c
lol yeh she's deadly

The one where they enter the eurovision is hilarious!
My lovely horse.
V
horse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.