Leaked "Star Wars: Episode III" Footage?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Just got this link in an email. Is this new or old?

http://www.themovieinsider.com/backinblack/

LanceWindu
I don't have Quicktime sad

Gotwa
Very odd.. o.O

yerssot
Raz:

in november GL had a meeting with a few people about commercial aspects and to get them all warmed up he showed a piece of video, and well,... that's the piece of video you linked to

Vegeta13
cool, yes very odd

dfsdude
looks cool to me
groovvy video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hana_skywalker
I think you're talking about this video, aren't you? I found this link yesterday. The video is in AVI format and is about 36 MB. enjoy!

http://koti.mbnet.fi/dukeirot/ep3/ep3-footage.avi

LanceWindu
hana, you have to have a username and password to view that.

hana_skywalker
I downloaded it yesterday and I had no problems. I can see they've added a password, sorry. You also have
http://www.coreyvidal.com/ - You can download it here, too.

Member.
cool video.

hana_skywalker
Yes, it really is! thumb up I was amazed when I first saw it.

Darth Jello
supposedly the leaked footage was from a meeting between lucasfilm and Target having to do with toy promotion for episode 3

Darth Jello
the good:whets appetite for episode 3
the bad: I don't like AC/DC, My Dead Kennedys live in portland bootleg has better sound and picture.

SpikeSpiegel
I'm not going to watch it, I want Ep 3 to be all completely new to me

yerssot
well, spike, you won't see much actually, it's small

Raz
I've posted it here using a new mirror: http://www.killermovies.com/s/starwarsepisodeiii/

Can't post the actual link it's too large. And don't worry it's not on the KMC servers but on my ISP's webspace.

Catch 22
Yet your reading a spoiler filled forum... laughing

SpikeSpiegel
Just this post...I'm going to go now

rustiswordz
George ripped off what a friend of mine did for a college project over a year ago,

He edited all the SW EP4 New Hope footage of Vader and all to the tune of Back in Black.

He plonked it on Kazaa i believe so its out there damn smart job he did too, got all of Vaders movements and head motions just right in the cuts to make it look as if Vader is singing the vocals.

Ushgarak
Hey, TFN says you can see new Vader in it. Anyone got the frame?

And was that the corridor from the Tantive IV we saw for a mo?

yerssot
Ush,... cause it's you:

Tantive IV:

yerssot
and DV's mask (have to look closely though):

Ushgarak
Ta... not quite a dramatic Vader shot, sadly...

yerssot
oh no, they're trying to keep that as hidden as possible,
last I heard the mask would have some minor adjustments too

Ushgarak
Still, nvm, Ewan/Hayden fight looks good.

yerssot
not sure if I posted it here too, but last rumors, if you're interested is that it's 12 minutes (uncut version) and Nick claims it to be the best fight of the entire SW-saga

but most read that article anyway I take

Ushgarak
Yup yup, sawe that, he says edited at ten in the hyperspace chat, yeah?

hana_skywalker
I've looked some scenes of the video frame by frame with a special programme and I found this image. Who do you think the man on the right with the black suit is? He doesn't seem to be Vader though.

Darth Jello
i saw a black shroud slashing at air, I'm sure that's Ian Mcdiarmond's stunt double hacking away at an imaginary yoda

hana_skywalker
And look at this!! If you watch it carefully you'll see that the man is holding a baby and there's another baby playing with a toy next to him.

yerssot
really? cause from what I read he said it was ten minutes uncut and without any scenes interupting it messed

I rechecked quickly on sithclan and they say that Nick said that the duel will be AT LEAST 10 minutes long (GL can still make cuts in it though)

In Times Magazine he says it's at 12 minutes now.

btw, hana, great observations smile you have an eye for it wink

Raz
Vader is right at the end

Raz

yerssot
well, raz, imho, that's a shot from ESB where he looks outside his ship just when the MF made the jump to lightspeed messed

Ushgarak
Yerss, in the recent chat on TFN, the summary says that Nick said:

"The Anakin/Obi-Wan fight will be the longest SW fight ever. It is
currently edited at 10 minutes!"

I think that was probably said by Nick more recently than that interview.

So, two minutes edited out so far

yerssot
sorry, could you link me? cause I just checked and the recent Nick quotes I could find were from januari 24, with him saying it's 12 minutes messed
(it's with the title: Longest Fight in Cinematic History)

Ushgarak
But that interview was probably done at least a week ago, yerss. The ten minutes thing is in that hyperspace chat.

sith_darth_jay
wow, the fight looks awesome, and it's mauch dirtier than any other fight... low kicks and punchs, can't wait to see it

yerssot
sorry, misunderstood that

but taken from the same hyperspace chat, TFN says it's ten minutes with cut and sithclan says it's more than 10 uncut ... strange if it comes from the same source at the same time messed

Member.
8 mins of fighting = boring.

yerssot
than be glad it's more wink

Raz
I would prefer 10 minutes of fighting then another 10 minute pod race wink

yerssot
reminds me, there will be a leap of faith again in epIII orso someone said, so raz... hang on on that idea stick out tongue

rustiswordz
rumour is that a substantial amount of battle footage will have to be edited, think of it arms and legs flying all over the place, just what the censors want our pwesious wittle esily hurt little dharlings to miss at the saturday matinee.

Darth Jello
oh yes, how scandelous, and AOTC was just a hardcore sex romp.

btw, member, didn't the drive down I-25 just absolutely suck today? I live in Unincorperated Arapahoe County and nearly didn't make it to Auraria!

yerssot
good point DJ, AOTC was touted as a love-story, but it did had the clone wars in them for almost the entire last reel

so, if people says that it will be dark, there will be MOMENTS where it's dark, like... a reel full but that would be it

Darth Ninja
I'm not surprised that some footage leaked. GL can NOT make his filming process secure to the point where it's as secured as a Top Secret government program.
stick out tongue

yerssot
well Catch 22 mentioned that he thought Lucasfilm wanted it out, great PR and considering they haven't taken ANY action what so ever; I tend to agree with him

amity75
I can't seem to download this clip. Can anyone be so kind as to tell me everything that you see on it?

The_Noose
Link is dead.
Had lots of behind the scenes of Obi/Anakin fight, bits and pieces of
things Chewie, Vader helmet being fabricated...nothing terribly surprising though the fight sequences look like they will be awesome once complete.

yerssot
everything? that's quite a discription you're asking messed

amity75
Well, you know what I mean! smart PS Thanx noose.

yerssot
if you can read french, you can go to sithclan messed

amity75
Pouves-vous svp me dire ce que sithclan est?

yerssot
(www.sithclan.net)

but just saw you can get one on aldera.net too smile

Raz
There is a very high quality 34MB version here:

http://www.tomservo.net/etc/ep3-leaked.avi

yerssot
downloading as we speak smile

mrpuffypants
Hi everybody, that's actually my site that everybody's been downloading from. Hope the speeds are good and everybody gets a chance to get the video!

I've been transferring about 100GB/day since it got posted on slashdot two days ago. This has been a blast for sure!

-tom

JKozzy
Raz you are the man! big grinbig grin

yerssot
oh, thanks for placing it online

LanceWindu
I click it and nothing happens...I get Windows Media Player to come up, but it just says: "Connecting"

yerssot
best to do is right-click it and chose "save as"

Vegeta13
it takes long...kinda

Member.
pretty long.

yerssot
well, 34MB isn't tiny now is it wink

LanceWindu
Downloading now.

30 minutes to go.

LanceWindu
In 5 minutes, the time has jumped from 30 minutes to 18 minutes.

I Love DSL

yerssot
really? still slow I see big grin

JKozzy
Rightclick and Save target as... it took me 4 minutes to get and I have cable

xeous
I have 56k...I'll dl it tonight while I'm sleeping.

bigsef3
kudos to the brave souls who posted the links. i would be afriad men in black would shoot me with a kaminoian kyber-dart in my sleep. :-)

LanceWindu
That's what I did, it took 15 minutes to d/l.

JKozzy
How fast is your conncetion? Mine's 2.2 MB/s

VengeanceGOD
So great to actually be able to SEE it. smile

Was that Anakin or Obi-wan I saw facing off against three people with sabers? (It would make sense for it to be Anakin, but I swear it looked like Obi-wan)

hana_skywalker
Do you mean this scene? I thought it was Anakin, too, but it seems Obi-wan. Besides, there's other scene where he's fighting against a man with a lightsaber. I don't know who they might be. Who do you guys think they are? Look:

hana_skywalker
And this one:

Ushgarak
Yes, Obi-Wan seems to be fighting the multiple cgi opponents.

LanceWindu
Perhaps Dark Jedi, but not Sith?

hana_skywalker
I thought so, LanceWindu. Maybe they're Jedi who joint the Dark Side, like Dooku.

VengeanceGOD
Maybe Ventress will make an appearance after all. That'd be interesting.

LanceWindu
I doubt it.

PrehistoricFrog
maybe it's when anakin slaughters jedi/younglings in the jedi temple

yerssot
I thought pablo said there won't be any eu-characters in the movie again? :s

Ushgarak
Regardless of who they are, the quality of a sabre fight with cgi opponents could be make or break for the look of the film. if it goes smooth it is great, but if it looks fake it will ruin the entire sequence.

jefreyskywalker
My guess is that the multiple opponants are actually general grievous as supposedly he weilds multiple lightsabers with this multiple arms...and obviously you'd need more than one actor to have a scene with more than 2 arms...and it would make sense, as they are all covered cgi and sense obiwan has a major fight with grievous.

yerssot
you don't need more than one actor, you can add the sabres and the extra arms in later, and make the real actor get moves that also block the extra sabres

super shadow GL
yes i agree whit yerssot.din't anyone here about CGI stuff...

Ushgarak
Indeed, and the three guys in bluewear Obi-Wan faces off against are each adopting individual guards- that's not a position three different lims would use.

darthballs
I found a cool link for a 5 meg video trailer of ep.3 along with the "leaked" footage at slotrepair. net/jedi.html
It's pretty cool. obviously no spaces, new people cant post links I guess. Well its there today if you want to check it out

JKozzy
Sweet, will go check it out yes

eleveninches
leaked footage must have been taken down.
was the trailer genuine???

JKozzy
No, are you kidding me? That trailer a) is fullscreen, so it's not genuine. b) The transitions are ok, but at the end its just sloppy c) The footage of the red lightsaber is way too cheesy. And the font for Fall of the Jedi is too.. defaultish. I saw the footage that was leaked, it really isnt any big deal. You'll probably see it on Behind the Movie or something on MTV a few months before the movie is actually released.

mindbugaling
they had shots from KOTOR!! that is really bad... but the blinkning and stuff on mace looked pretty cool

Ushgarak
You know... about the leaked footage and Obi-Wan's cgi opponents... in opposition to what I said before, the reviews of the second 'season' of Clone Wars episodes adds some credence to the idea that these are in fact the differing sabre-wielding limbs of General Grievous.

I still think it didn't quite look that way in the footage but this is something I am interested in...

Ushgarak
That said, the attached pic from the Clone Wars cartoon- upon which the idea of Grievous' multi-sabre fighting ability is based- shows that the third sabre is carried on his foot, which makes the side by side position of Obi-Wan's three cgi assailants look less likely to be Grievous.

Mr.Deflok
Using his feet? I don't know if I'm apalled, amused or amazed...

Darth Jello
i doubt he'll use that in the film, i think he'll just stick to the two in each split appendage

DarthDavid
Yeah i really agree with this. I doubt he will fight with his legs either i just reckon his arms will split as is expected and fight with four lightsabers. Just one thing tho, when he goes into four arms mode, he seems to have only 2 fingers for each....not much control there, prolly really easy to whack off with another lightsaber and that would be good to see obi-wan do that.

Dave

Ushgarak
Well, we shall see what transpires. The Obi-Wan/cgi opponents thing remains a bit of a mystery; I do not think we can be decisive either way.

Bull62
I think the three CG guys Ob1 is fighting is Grievous' henchmen.

LandoSpeeder
I found some leaked footage. You have to tipe it in though because I'm new and they won't let me give a link.

tipe in ht*p://www(dot)movieforums(dot)com/news/251

LandoSpeeder
O'h and don't tipe in the thing

jedijunky1138
old news rocks!

Stunrun
hold up! ur not talking about that back in black video are you?
man that news is way old, i thought everyone had seen that huh

Still, it was way cool though wink

PVS
HEY GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!

EPISODE 3 IS GOING TO BE CALLED

REVENGE OF THE SITH!!!!!!!!!

DIG IT!?!?!?!?

rock OLD NEWS ROCKS!!! rock

DARTH DADDY
man there must be really tight security right now. There doesn't seem to be any new leaked footage coming out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.