The Hobbit Cafe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hania
Has anyone ever been to The Hobbit Cafe, in Houston? I wanted to go, but I don't know anyone who has already gone and knows what it's like.

enya
theres a hobbit cafe- omg that is sooooo cool- i want to godamn why do i live so far from houston- damn it why do i live so far from america

Hania
Haha, I'm sorry. Do you plan to come to America anytime soon? This is probably the only thing you'll like here, that and the Galleria. Oh..and Starbucks, there's one on every corner, seriously

enya
well, im going to florida- disney in july but thats not close is it, and i dont think i could persuade my mum to take me *goes to checks* noooooo, just as i thought * goes and cries* i will try again later, ooooh starbucks i will have to go in them!

Hania
No Orlando is not close to Houston, believe me. Me and my family drove to DisneyWorld. It's 26 freakin hours!!!! But Disney is fun, but do not go to the Animal Kingdom!! I didn't like it. But go to Magic Kingdom, that I liked. And the Starbucks, I failed to see any around Orlando, but in Houston it's like a parallel universe. You come out of a Starbucks, and there's one right infront of you...gives you a wierd feeling.

enya
*cries* def not persuading my mum to drive me their, maybe one day- damn freakin england so far away to all the good places, hobbit cafe, ne zealand and to add to that is always cold!!

no starbucks sad i will find one somewhere - ps thanx for the tips on where to go!

Hania
Sure, have fun smile

Ravsta
I kno how u feel Enya!!! we'r so far from new zealand and da hobbit cafe, but hey JRR Tolkien lived here, so one plus for the UK. And i got a starbucks in my town!!

enya
oh i will!

even though i cant go- i still wanna know wot it is like so if anyone has been tell me please- and hania think urself lucky and go as soon as you can! stick out tongue

Hania
Haha, I will, this is the only place in Houston for LOTR fans, from what I know, other than the cinemas

enya
we sumtimes have these convention things in london and i leave rite near london but i havent be able to go to them, but i will so those will keep me from breakin down and begging me mum to let me move to houston, hehe

Smodden
are u talking about the galleria in Dallas? my mom was just there!

i was on holiday in big D.

PippinTook
Ooh I read about the Hobbit Cafe in some magazine stick out tongue I wanna go! Wow that might be the only good thing about living in the US. I live in Georgia so it's not THAT far :d And my dad's planning on taking my and my brother anywhere in the US (well my uncle's taking us...still...)....he's letting us pick. We were going to go to California, but we can maybe go to Houston on the way back stick out tongue We can only fly once...Not counting the one back. Say, is there anything else there to go see?

samIam
that is sssooo cccoooll! a hobbit cafe do they have a website??? i went throught texas a while a go ( but iall i remember is the Mc donalds -brilliant huh)

Pipage558
THAT HOBBIT CAFE SOUNDS SO COOL! I want to go! but I live in Florida and that may take a while sad but we have tons of starbucks in florida but not many around disney!

enya
you people dat live in america need to go and tell me wot it is like

and im sooo not jealous of u lucky people dat live in America- mad

only jokin

lkotbr33
i wish i was there in houston 4 two reasons

1. HOBBIT CAFE!!1
2. MY HOME TOWN PATS R IN THE SUPER BOWL IN HOUSTON WOOT!!!!

PippinTook
Ey enya! If I do get to go, I'll take some pictures and send them to ya, alright? wink

lkotbr33
talk to MC Mike hes from texas i think

Hania
Smodden, they're also a Galleria in downtown Houston, I haven't heard about the one in Dallas though. I got the info about the Hobbit Cafe from one of the magazines I have (YM), and thought it would be soo cool to go there. It's a vegetarian rest. , "The Gandalf" is their most popular sandwich, oh, haha, and they also sell lambas bread. Isn't that cool? I have to find out where this is.

PippinTook
Oi! I read that article in the YM magazine too Hania stick out tongue Haha. I have it up on my wall to remind me to go there someday hehehe.

Hania
Cool :P
OK, I found out the address, so if any of you are coming to Houston for the Super Bowl, drop by:
2243 Richmond ( between Kirby and Greenbriar)
Houston, TX. 77098,
and you can call them at 713-526-5460.
There isn't a website, but if you Yahoo search it, it will give you a whole bunch of rest. review sites.
I read mixed reviews about the place, but most people tended to like it more than dislike it.

lkotbr33
i wisj i was going to the super bowl! cheer my pats 4 me

PippinTook
Thanks bunches Hania! wink

enya
to pippin took- if u get some pics dat will bew sooo cool and really appreciated

lkotbr33
maybe u could see billy or dom there

PippinTook
Sure enya stick out tongue

Eh I doubt I'll see Billy or Dom, lkotbr. Billy lives in Scotland and Dom's in the UK haha. I don't think they'll be going to Texas any time soon...

enya
u never know one can dream- you shud somehjow invite them there

Pipage558
That would be so cool if someone here does find one of the hobbits from LOTR in the Hobbit Cafe! I really want to go!

Hania
It could happen, Houston is a big city. But LOTR actors going to the Hobbit Cafe would be kinda ironic, don't you think?

LOTRLUVR
For all you that live in CA....There is a Hobbit cafe here also!It's about 15 mins from where I live,I think...I've never been because it is $60 per person.

enya
GRRRR i still live really far away!!! i want to move *asks her mum* grrr she said NO

jesus $60- erm i dont think i would be able to go their anyway i would av to save up a bit first!

Mor Edaín
sounds soo great!!! ...but damnitt I'll never ever get there...

Shiara
Being a Houstonian (no trolls, please, I LIKE it here)... I am a Hobbit Cafe regular. smile
It actually used to be called 'The Hobbit Hole' - they still have the old sign handing on a wall in the dining room - and was off of Shephard.
It's sort of a "vegetarian" place, although I would call it "healthy, good for you food" and the portion sizes are enough to feed a third world country (don't even think about the 'Giant' size.) They do have carnivorous meals too (where else would you get buffalo?) and really awesome smoothies. And, since it's not CA, it's decent prices to boot.
Seriously, though... You aren't exactly missing out on a "scene" here. Yes, the place does get packed on weekend nights, but there are few good places in Houston so close to Westheimer that don't have a wait. People don't gather to chat about LoTR or the movies. It's a relatively small place - a step up from the old, shoddy building they were in - that used to be a house. It's just a nice, cozy place with indoor/outside eating, great food and a great atmosphere...
Although, y'all should've SEEN the kick-arse mural they had in the old place. Talk about nifty! They hired/volunteered someone to draw a 360 degree view of The Shire/Middle-earth, which carried throughout the entire building. Now it's just movie posters and random framed original artwork. Kind of a bummer.

PippinTook
Wow, I thought this thread died long ago laughing out loud

That's awesome, Shiara! eek! You should take some pictures of The Hobbit Hole (brilliant name haha) and post them up here. We'd love that wink

By the way, welcome to KMC, Shiara! big grin

Shiara
Heh. Sorry to bring it back from the dead. VERY bored in my last hour of the work-day.
And, I'm very much not taking credit for this, but this gentleman has some camera-phone pics: livejournal.com/users/eurisko97/138794.html?thread=210986
They're not too detailed, but you get the idea. (Can't post links either!) And thanks for the welcome!

PippinTook
It's fine smile This was a cool topic, anyway stick out tongue

And you can post links, Shiara stick out tongue Wait...I think you can, at least...confused I'm pretty sure you can....Ack! I don't know! laughing out loud Thanks for the URL, though.

Moo Cow
when your at disney world get a smoked turkey leg! its one of the best things ive ever eaten!

PippinTook
I've actually never eaten a turkey leg before confused And I live in the US...I went to a Renaissance festival (weee! It was awesome!) a few months ago and they had them there, but I didn't try one...confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.