New Nightmare **Spoiler**

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mjpgameplaya
Does anyone actually understand New Nightmare? I don't get it. At the end when Nancy looks into the script she sees that note from Wes that says thanks for playing Nancy one last time. I don't understand. Can someone explain it?

Dogbert
laughing out loud i have no clue either, i just pretend to get it.... wacko

Disclaimer- I am aware this does not help you at all

Freddy_vs_Jason
its means she finished the script for him and that she finally put freddy away for good

Freddy_vs_Jason
mjpgameplaya, my sigs better then urs.......

Dogbert
now is that nice? erm

h0ck3yh0rr0r
nice comment or nice sig? both suck lol smile

Michael Myers 1
she thinks she rules the world cuz she got a ****ing sig

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i gotta sig....its a sig...did you know my sig is a sig....yea i know its a sig...dont mess with my sig....did you know my sig isn't really a sig....cuz my name isn't on it....lol?

?

lol smile

Michael Myers 1
lol that was confusing

Dogbert
who was that too...me.. confused

Michael Myers 1
i think he was talking about freddy vs jason and the other guy

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i was talking about freddy vs jason.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
you know i wouldn't diss pac smile

Freddy_vs_Jason
i was kidding!! duz ne one in this forum have a sense of humor?!, and ur not very nice hockeyhorror, i thought u were kool......

Evil Dead
New Nightmare............

The premise:

Freddy Krueger isn't just a story made up by Wes Craven. He is an evil spirit that has been around since time began. Wes Craven started dreaming of this evil spirit.........and wrote the story of A Nightmare on Elm Street based on his dreams. This evil spririt became intrigued in Wes's story and the character of Freddy Krueger so he was trapped inside the story......as Freddy.

When they killed Freddy Krueger off in "Freddy's Dead"......the story ended and the evil spririt was no longer trapped inside.

The evil spririt has become accustomed to our present time and space and likes the character of Freddy Krueger he has been trapped inside of. Now that he is free from the story.......he wants to enter the real world.

The evil spirit is still taking the form of Freddy Krueger because he has grown used to the form after being trapped in that character for so long. For Freddy Krueger to get into the real world he must first defeat the person who first defeated him, Nancy Thompson......who was of course played by Heather Langenkamp.

If you notice in the film......Freddy does not enter the real world untill Heather decided to play Nancy one last time. In the film, Freddy rises out of the bed.....still covered. When John Saxon calls Heather Nancy and she replies as if she is Nancy Thompson.........she is accepting the role. That is when Freddy tears through into the real world. Heather had just accepted to play Nancy allowing Freddy to enter the real world.

Wes is writing all of this down before hand......because he is dreaming it and writing a script for a new Nightmare movie based on his dreams, just like he wrote the original Nightmare on Elm St. based on his dreams. By Heather playing Nancy and battling Freddy again......Wes is creating a new Nightmare movie. This of course means that the story is no longer over and they have successfully trapped the evil spirit back inside of the Nightmare on Elm St. story....and the Freddy Krueger character within that story.

mjpgameplaya
Holy Sh*t Evil Dead I understand it now but I don't know how you firgured that out by yourself. Your awesome. lol thx man

Evil Dead
I'm just a horror fan who enjoys watching horror movies...........most of if not all of the plot is laid out by Wes Craven himself in the flick. He basically tells Nancy everything that I just wrote..................

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Yea Evil Dead and Backfire are experts IMO

Freddy vs Jason> if ur using sarcasm at least insert a "smile" or a "lol"
we cant really tell if ur jokin or not.

Michael Myers 1
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dogbert
or use tags

Michael Myers 1
no expression

h0ck3yh0rr0r
yup

Michael Myers 1
ok ur confusering me

h0ck3yh0rr0r
unless you confused yourself which confused me which did nevermind im confused lol

Michael Myers 1
lol

HockeyFace
Umm.. here is my question about the New Nightmare movie... when Robert Englund is on the phone with Heather why does he draw a picture of Freddy Krueger?

Evil Dead
Because he has been dreaming about him too............just like Wes Craven.

That is why he and his wife leave town..........he is scared.

HockeyFace
Huh? They leave town? Where did it say that in the movie?

Evil Dead
Nancy talks to Robert on the phone while he is painting the Freddy picture...............at the end of that conversation they agree to talk the next day. The next day Nancy calls Robert back and gets his answering machine...........his answering machine message states that he and his wife are out of town and he doesn't know when they'll be back.

Zilverz
I just seen this movie. I do not like it. I didnt care for the story much. I liked the idea of freddy being an evil spirt, but the whole traping him back into the story with her reading script .. i just thought it was stupid... I like the first Nightmare on Elm Street ... but i think wes craven bombed on this one. The Special effects even looked cheesy .. and freddy looked cheesy to me .. <thumbs down>

Cinemaddiction
I finally got around to seeing this tonight. Sure I saw it before, but it's been a good 7 years.

It had the potential to be a good movie. Good story and all, but piss poor acting and casting.

That's Wes craven for ya. Hit and miss, all the time.

Evil Dead
100% agree

Much potential..........doesn't live up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.