REX's Game - Reeth vs. Christof

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
The Dark Jedi have been staying on a space station orbitting Jhas, one of the gas giants in the Hoth System. Three visitors have appeared to take a job offer from Thajkon, Christof Joulden being one of them. With a little bantering, Reeth challenges Christof to a sparring duel...

POINT SYSTEM:

First to 5 wins, but you must win by a full two points, or it will go to a higher scoring. For example, the fight could go to a 12-10 win rather than a 5-3 win.

Also, I will not give points for bantering, including talking and saying "light swings" and the like, unless you use it as a distraction or feint and then attack. You must make a focused and thought-out move that may harm your opponent or force your opponent to retreat.

ANALYSIS:

Reeth is a Revenge, therefore his speed and agility are decreased, since his legs and arms are heavy and way him down. Christof is younger and more athletic. They are equally skilled with their blades, but it may come down to sheer speed and wit...

Reeth - 0, Christof - 0

Reeth to attack, as challenger

General Zink
Reeth ignites his purple lightsaber, spinning it around idly, then aims a jab for Christof's throat.

xeous
Christof ducks it. Refusing to ignite his saber. He uses Reeth's momentum to throw him to the ground.

Captain REX
I'll just go with you duck...

Christof, with great speed, you duck under Reeth's powerful thrust, lightsaber still not out! Very good!

Reeth - 0, Christof - 1

Christof to attack

xeous
Christof ignites one side of his deep red saber and makes a diagonal slash from right to left.

General Zink
Reeth slashes to block Christof's blow and knock him off balance with a Force Push.

Captain REX
Christof spins and slashes, but Reeth meets him blow for blow, then pushes him back a bit withe Force, but fails to knock him down.

Reeth - 1, Christof - 1

Reeth to attack

xeous
smile I think we're only allowed one movement ie slash to block or duck the swipe...I did the same thing as you in my first defence.

Back to the action!

NM I'm an idiot...I'll make my move now.

General Zink
Reeth tries to drive home with a powerful uppercut blow, aiming to cut open Christof's jaw.

xeous
(is that with a fist or saber?)

Captain REX
No, I just wasn't sure how you ment to knock him over, so I went with the duck. Still, you did get the point for the first round. That deserves credit... wink

Your defense, Christof?

General Zink
With a lightsaber of course! You think I'd cut open your jaw with a punch?

xeous
Ok and yes you can...

Christof ignites the other blade to make the easy block.

"I think I should end this now."

Captain REX
Christof ignites his second blade and spins his dual lightsaber around, knocking away Reeth's blows.

Reeth - 1, Christof - 2

Christof to attack

General Zink
"But we're just getting started, my good fellow!" Reeth taunts, attaining a fencing pose, holding his lightsaber with one hand.

xeous
Christof sweeps his leg low, knocking Reeth's legs out from under him.

Captain REX
Better say you are TRYING to knock his legs out from under him. I cannot assure that you will, depending Reeth's defense.

General Zink
Reeth simply jumps over the sweeping kick. "Try a bit harder next time..." Reeth says, retaining the fencing pose.

Captain REX
Reeth, your small hop is good, Christof's foot passing under you quickly. Christof is already on his feet when you come down...

Reeth - 2, Christof - 2

Reeth to attack

General Zink
Reeth aims a few light blows for Christof's midriff to distract him, then jabs for the throat again.

xeous
Christof locks up Reeth's saber after the first "light" blow. **Clears throat**

Captain REX
Christof, you spin your blades around to try and lock up his blows, but he is still a fast duelist. The light blows make no commitment, and therefore are difficult to lock with, and he gets your throat. You jump back as the jab passes by you, giving you time to attack.

Reeth - 3, Christof - 2

Christof to attack

xeous
I thought "light blows" wern't allowed?

Captain REX
I'd better rewrite that *smacks forehead*...

Reeth made light blows as a distraction. Then he struck home with a powerful jab. It works. Sorry, probably should have made that more clear...

xeous
Blast smile

Christof makes (with alternating blades)"light blows" at Reeth's head "as a distraction. Then, while Reeth is off balance, he jabs at Reeth's chest.

General Zink
Reeth makes light blows to ward of Christof's, and spins out of the way to avoid the jab.

Captain REX
Fshaw! Your blows meet blow for blow, but Christof's got more than one blade and therefore more than a few blows! The rapid but purposely wimpy blows give Reeth a hard time, being slower than Christof, but his footwork holds out as he spins to the side.

Reeth - 3, Christof - 3

This is a close one, isn't it?

Reeth to attack.

General Zink
Reeth stops his spin and aims two powerful slashes, left to right then right to left, at Christof's chest.

xeous
Christof just holds his dual bladed saber horizontal, close to the beginning(top, whatever you call it...) of Reeth's attack. The blows bounce harmlessly off of both the left and right blade.

Captain REX
Vertical, I think you mean, otherwise he'd lop off your head...

You hold your blade firmly, Reeth's powerful blows causing you to give slightly, but you continue to hold firm.

Reeth - 3, Christof - 4

Match point to Christof. If you win this round, you win the match.

Christof to attack

xeous
Christof intentionally swings as hard as he can at Reeth's saber, knocking him off balance, then follows up with some light swipes to his midsection.

General Zink
Reeth tries to step back, dodging the blow, then spins his blade around to block the light blows.

Captain REX
Reeth - 3, Christof - 5

Christof puts all his might behind his swing. Reeth tries to dodge, but the tip of the blade skims across his chest plate, a small burst of sparks and smoke flying from the scratch. The light blows are unneeded, as Reeth loses balance and falls upon his back, a hand out as if to block the next blow.

Christof is the victor. You may return to the game thread.

xeous
Christof retracts his sabers and extends his hand.

"I've never met an opponent with...Limbs such as yours. You use them well."

This was a pitiful attempt at a compliment.

General Zink
"Thank you...I guess..." Reeth says, taking Christof's hand and getting up.

*runs back over to game thread*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.