how many oscars will it win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
6 OSCARS INCLUDING BEST PICTURE BEST DIRECTOR, BEST ORGINAL SCORE BEST SONG and two other ones

Kitoky
We can't really determine that really, because well since RotK won best drama for the Golden Globes it has a pretty good chance at winning Oscars. But we can't really determine what they'll win.

BUT ALL YOU FANS, CHEER ROTK ON!!

manny321
yeah, it has already become the most critical awareded film since titanic

glenn
I don't think it will win as much this year because there were also a lot of other good films that came out last yaer. I would like to see it win quite a lot though.

Kitoky
Well it may it might not because well last year and the year before, they were up against alot of competition such as Moulin Rouge. It would've been really difficult to get an award.

Though now yeah good films but not exceptionally good that RotK can't possibly win 2.

orlandoOYEA
I think Cold Mountain will give ROTK a run for its money although ROTK did beat it at the Golden Globes for best Motion Picture Drama. It also beat Mystic River and Seabiscuit. I think it has a good chance of taking home all six. Go Lord of the Rings, you guys deserve it!

enya
YEA IT WON BEST PIC IN THE GLOBAL GLOBES and so it shud of it better win oscars aswell- i havent seen cold mountain but is meant to be oscar material bt u cant beat ROTK

Kitoky
I heard Cold Mountain was exceptionally good just like Mystic River. There's still a bit of competition but not much to stop RotK from dominating.

P-NuT
cold mountain blew. rotk will kick its ass.

muse5
i predict....mmmmmm....11 awards, it will win EVERYTHING!!! one movie to rule them all, and how do i know, anyone who has seen rotk knows that this is THE movie deserving of all of the awards... omg i was watching the golden globes, and when they one each time i was like 'TAKE THAT COLD MOUNTAIN!!! TAKE THAT MYSTIC RIVER!!!' and did a dance, then my mother called me the queen loon for doing my happy dance

PippinTook
Each time they won an award at the Golden Globes, I did almost the same thing, muse! Hahaha. I was watching it with my mom (my brother was already asleep) and each time they won something, I jumped up off the couch and started screaming stuff like "Yes! They won!! Did you see it mom? THEY WON!" Then I would camly sit back down and say something like "I knew they would win that one" laughing out loud It was hilarious stick out tongue

And I KNOW for a fact that LOTR is gonna take all 11 awards for the Oscars stick out tongue Anybody say any different and they DIE!!! rolling on floor laughing Hahaha.

orlandoOYEA
No one can beat LOTR and if they do, i will be angry, very angry.

Discos
that bloody "Big Fish" seems to bed getting the attention of the female audience and also people aged 33-45 according to a magazine I read.

Also does anyone know when the UK showing of the Oscars will be? The channel would be helpfull too

orlandoOYEA
why would big fish get the female audience. I am a female and i dont give a rats ass (excuse my language please) about Big Fish. ah well, whatcha gonna do

Discos
lol sorry, just something I read in DVD Review magazine a while ago.

I personally hate it as well, I really dont like that type of films which is set in that "yokal" times hehe

PippinTook
I haven't seen Big Fish and I really don't want to. I'd rather spend my money on seeing ROTK again big grin

Hey, has anyone seen Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World?? You know, the movie with Billy in it stick out tongue I might be going see it this weekend...But one of my friends said she saw it and it really wasn't that good and Billy didn't show up much...She said he was a fry cook sad Imagine that! MY Billy a fry cook!!! Gasp....But if it's not good, I won't go see it. I might just go see ROTK again. So if anyone's seen it, tell me if it's good or not! But don't put bunches of posts about it cause this is a LOTR forum and mah might get mad haha.

pip-foot
hee hee me too! i annoyed my entire family to peices. finally they all went to bed and i kept running upstairs to tell them LOTR won something!!!!!!!!! they just said they already knew cuz i was yelling so loud!!!!!!!!!! Very exciting. i bet they will win all 11 oscars they were nominated for. when are the oscars again?

Lady Ellie
feb. 29 CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I'll be up all night!

pip-foot
me too! will put it on my calendar right now *writes down on calendar* now i can stay up all night an party!!!!!!!!!1

muse5
if anyone says that lotr won't win will be attacked by a lynch crew, led be me, then will be forced to listen to hilary duff music for 2 days.... lotr is the best,
my family was so mad at me after the golden globes... 10:55 at night THEY WON BEST PICTURE!!! THEY WON THEY WON THEY WON!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

PippinTook
laughing out loud Yesh, my family did the same thing. My mom was falling asleep (she can never stay up past 9 confused ) but she stayed awake til after they won Best Director (GO PJ!!!) then she fell asleep cause the Best Drama one was at the very end you know...So when Leo DiCaprio said "And the Golden Globe goes to..." (at this point I was sweating a LOT and I had my fingers and toes crossed and I was whispering "please, please, please, please, please!!" laughing out loud )"...Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King!" I jumped off the couch (I could have sworn I jumped at least 2 feet in the air stick out tongue ) and started yelling haha...I kind of woke my mom up and she got all mad at me...and yet I still kept yelling haha. Oh, it was wonderous...

OK that is pure torture haha. And of course I won't be part of the group of people who say LOTR isn't gonna win all 11 Oscars...I would hate being forced to listen to Hilary Duff for two freakin days...Plus, I would NEVER doubt LOTR!!! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.