GL should re-score ROTJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
I was watching the special edition of ROTJ the other day. first of all, the song scene in Jabas palace sucked, and needs to be returned to the original version. then, why the HELL did GL change the ending music of ROTJ. I want the Ewok song back! Not that sh!tty 1980ish style new-age crap that's there in the SE!!!

queeq
I kinda liked the end music. But then, "Celebrate the Light" had a good ring to it. But now it looks more like a universe spanning event.

bigsef2
Oh, I definately like the shots showing everything going on in a galactic scale, that was good. Id even like to see more of that in the definative editions. Just from a musical standpoint, the endtheme is very weak. Listen to the end songs for every other star wars movie. Even the music at the end of ESB is strong, and powerful. At the end of ROTJ, its just generic music, sounding like something that came off a videogame. very cheap. The original Ewok song was much better. They should have used establish star wars music and blended in to the Ewok song.

yerssot
or just leave the Ewoks alone evil face

ToMacco
The "Special Edition" Star Wars are a joke. I will only respect the original versions of the three films. Lucas can fancy them up as much as he wants, but I will only see the original versions as the true films.

The Special Editions can xxxx my xxx.

RC EDIT: Mind the language

bigsef2
i dont like any of the extra scenes added to the special editions. like having jabba in ANH. that is such a stupid scene. theres no real point to it. i liked the original mystery surrounding jabba the hutt, with us hearing his name in the first movie, and then not seeing him until ROTJ. Then you have the fact that Jabba in ANH looks nothing like Jabba in ROTJ. And the added footage of the wampa in ESB, completely ruined the suspense of the situation. where you just heard it in the background, approaching luke. now THAT was scarry. Im sure for the definitave editions Lucas will think up other stuff he could show us, rather than leaving anything to our imaginations. The only good scenes in the special editions are re-doing the special effects shots such as the space battles with computer effects. I would like a more minimalist approach to the definative editions.

jedi212guy

King Jedi
What changed dialogue?

yerssot
the scene with Han and Jabba in ANH, I think

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.