I was wondering....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eldarion
...does anyone know of someone who named either their children or maybe their pets after characters from LOTR? I am just curious to see how many people do this!
The reason I am asking is beacuse I recently bought a puppy, who was named Pippin, and it just got me to thinking about it. His litter mates names were arwen, gimli, galadriel, and merry. stick out tongue

orlandoOYEA
Lol, my neighbor has a cat named Smeagol. And my aunt has a dog named Gimli.

Phoenix
My best mate named her cat Samwise

Mine are rescue cats, so they already had names...

Exa
I usually only uses LoTR-related names when talking with my friends, but of course only as nicknames; as my cat is also one we found at the street and looked exactly like my old cat, it didnt get a proper LoTR name but I always call him Tevildo, the evil cat lord in Sauron's fortress.

azszhz
i don't know anybody that has a pet but in one of my dreams i had this giant squid for a pet and i named it Watcher

Kitoky
I named my fish Luthien...but then it died.....

eldarion
oh, poor fishy sad

Member.
lol, luthien died.

shadowy_blue
My cat's name is Strider. smile

Kitoky
My fish died sad

"....O hon ring finnil fuinui
A renc gelebrin thiliol... "
"Who is she?"
"Luthien...the elf maiden that gave her love to Beren...a mortal."
"What happened to her?"
"She died.."

Yeah literally....

Aurora
My grandma had a dog named Bilbo when I was little.

I named my car Estella! ( ya know Estella Brandybuck)

enya
if i had a pet i would name it after a LOTR character but some of my/my sisters friends have LOTR nicknames e.g. zegolas (zoe) and meldo (mel)

Kitoky
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK YOU DID AURORA?!!? AWESOME!

I named mine Glorfindel...

Aurora
LOL!!!

samIam
my best friends dog is samwise .... and If i have a girl i wanna name her Elanor ( the Sam way)

Kitoky
If I get a son, which I doubt I will, I'm namin' him Estel or Eldarion.

LadyGreenleaf
in my home-ec class we get to make flour babies and i think im gonna naem mine.....I DONT KNOW!!! someone help me!!! ahhh!!! lol.

angelsflame265
if i ever get another dog i'm going to name him frodo and if its a girl arwen

LOTRLUVR
My first fish was named Pippin...It died and my sister named her fish MyPippin.I got another fish and named it Sam,it is surprisling a very very fat fish...lol

Phoenix
awww! My mates cat just had kittens, and they've all been reserved except one, who we have named Smaug! big grin

eldarion
Oh! A neighbor of mine has a stable and it is called Rohirium farm!

Mor Edaín
LoL! i used to call my rat Strider but he refused to listen to me so i gave up

LOTRLUVR
There are pictures all over Google of some cat named Galadriel...

Exa
There is a site of some people who have loads of cats all named after Middleearthcharacters smile breeding Ragdolls, I think
http://www.ragdolls.it/abroad/Belgio.html

(and one has the same name as I usually have on the net love )

FreddieFreeload
There's probably a great deal of people who have named their pets after Tolkien's characters, but with children on the other hand, there really isn't a lot to choose from (unless you want to make you kids high school days a living hell). There are a few though:
Sam, Esmeralda, Linda, Lily, Rose (which quite frankly is a beautiful name), but the rest of them: Gorbadoc, Marmadas, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli etc., are too horrible for any human child.

Camellia
I had a fish called Frodo....it diedsad

And I have a brother named Sam, does that count?smile

enya
aw poor fish *gives 10 secs silence for fish*

it depends wot u fink of ur brother!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.