Best and Worst Freddy movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mjpgameplaya
Alright this is for all of you Freddy fans to say your favorite and most disliked Freddy movies. I can't speak too much on this subject because Ive only seen 3 Freddy Movies. I saw Nightmare on Elm Street 2, 3 and New Nightmare. Well i thought that:

Best Freddy Movie: Nightmare on Elm Street 3big grinream Warriors because the ending was awesome and it was cool how Kristin could pull people into dreams and out and stuff.

Worst Freddy Movie: New Nightmare because this movie just plain sucked. It had barely anything to do with the other movies and screws up the entire series because it assures you that all the Freddy movies were just movies but then again Freddy comes into the real world... Anywayz Freddy also was barely in this movie and the ending was terrible. Wow they burned him once again....how many times have they done that? They even burned him when he was alive lol.

Alright start posting...

BackFire
I think the original is the best, it was the only one that was creepy rather then just plain campy and funny.

I think all the rest are equally bad, except for new nightmare, which was still lame, but better then the rest of the sequels.

SlipknoT
Best: anoes 1
worst: anoes 5

shaber
Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge made no sense. I have also seen the original and Dream Warriors, but Freddy versus Jason is easily the best

Jason420
freddy vs jason is the best but out of just freddy movies original and freddys dead but the worst is new nightmare that was terrible

Freddy_vs_Jason
the best would have to be dream warriors and "freddys dead:the final nightmare" the first one was all right but the 5th one (dreamchild) was the worst, i mean alice kept calling freddy after his last name which made the movie suck and the dreamchild was ass-ugly

SlipknoT
How the hell is freddy vs jason better than the original nightmare on elm street??

Evil Dead
From Best to worst.............

1. A Nightmare on Elm Street..........a real horror movie

2. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 : Freddy's Revenge...........not that great of a movie, but atleast it's still a horror movie.

3. Wes Craven's New Nightmare........a bit too much plot.....horror movies are supposed to be fun, you shouldn't have to think about what's going on

4. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 : Dream Warriors.........okay, Freddy begins the transformation. The one time ruthless killer lurking in the shadows begins to turn into a comedian with a spot light cast upon him. No longer is he satisfied with just brutally slashing his victims.......now he wants to turn into a snake and eat them, pump their veins full of whatever he had in his syringe glove, turn into a marrionette doll.....oh and let's not forget the dumbest of them all, turning into the tv set and pulling Jennifer's head through it....."Welcome to prime time *****"......how gay.

#5. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4 : The Dream Master.........even more comedy. Didn't this series start out as a horror series?

#6. Freddy's Dead : The Final Nightmare.........dumbest plot of all listed so far......this movie doesn't even try to resemble a horror movie. They used to equally gay gimmicks to sell this movie. First off.....Freddy is going to finally die, which is stupid because he died back in 1968...he's already dead. Secondly, 3-D. The last grasp for struggling series. Have you ever seen a good 3-D movie in general? Much less a sequel to a horror movie in 3-D.

#7. A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 : The Dream Child............somebody should have been shot over this movie. It's not Englund's fault.....he was just picking up a pay check.

I don't consider Freddy vs. Jason to be a Nightmare movie. Englund himself expresses my sentiments on why it shouldn't be considered a Nightmare movie on the F vs J commentary. There are too many Friday the 13th elements in the movie. If it had been a Nightmare movie there wouldn't be masses of dumb kids standing around just waiting to die. In NO Nightmare on Elm Street movie do kids get drunk, have sex and stand around waiting to die. That is all Friday the 13th right there.......and there is too much of that in the movie to even consider it as a Nightmare movie.

shaber
I found the original somewhat tame and slow moving. Part 3 was similair in template, but is more horrifying. The body count is much higher and Krugar more vile - especially as he seems more weedlike.

I agree that Freddy versus Jason is not really a nightmare movie. But it was very enjoyable.

stinkfist462
the original is the best ..... in my opinion

new nightmare is the worst ..... it had nothing to do with freddy in general .. like the rest .. and the new glove kinda killed it ... and the list goes on and on ...

Wolfie
I've seen each of these only once. So excuse me if you don't agree with me.
Best: Either Dream Warriors or Dream Master
Worst: New Nightmare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.