tim burton films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nightcrawer89
i am a big fan of his and was wondering if any one else was a big fan like myself. i saw big fish a couple weeks ago and loved it. i am telling am one who is a big fan to see this movie. it worth paying how much it coasts and enjoying a movie beyond our time. smile

EOWYN3
I loved Mars Attacks, Batman and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, but I thought Batman Returns was a little too sickly (?)...I don't know what word I am trying to use...Edward Scissorhands was a classic...

nightcrawer89
i like all of his films

roundisfunny
Same here. If I have to pick a favorite, though, it's Ed Wood. It had more great drama and acting, but not as much "Hey, something odd is happening because this is a Tim Burton film!".

burlyman
nightmare before christmas and sleepy hollow are classics

Sugar Kane
I love Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, the Batman's, and Vincent- which is just genius!! Haven't seen Big Fish yet, but cannot wait!

nightcrawer89
big fish, batman, batman returns,mars attacks,nightmare before christmas, and i can't wait till willy wonka.

Evil Dead
Planet of the Apes - I hate with a passion. He ruined a great classic film.

Sleepy Hollow - good flick

Mars Attacks! - good flick

The Nightmare Before Christmas - I don't care too much for this one

Ed Wood - quite possibly his best film

Batman Returns - Not to fond of it

Edward Scissorhands - good flick

Batman - great flick

Beetlejuice - decent movie.....terribly dated....I however loved it at the time

Pee-wee's Big Adventure - Boo.........moronic

nightcrawer89
all good films

Scythe
I loved TNBC, it's my favorite movie.

kelita_33
i was just posting on another Burton discussion a week ago. I had to write a paper on his films and i was freaking out cause hes so great i didnt know where to start but im good now i just finsihed it and its a bit rushed (due tomarrow) but its pretty good. Tim is my favorite director of ALL time! Edward Scissorhands and Ed Wood tie for my favorite. I never saw mars attacks (im ashamed embarrasment), i remember beetle juice tramatized me as a child so i dont remember it to well, but so did ed scossorhands and yet ive always loved it. I love nightmare, but i hate how its comercialized with my age group these days. Planet of the apes STUNK OUT LOUD! Ruin of a classic film and ruin of a great director. Loved Sleepy Hollow. Absolutley LOVED big Fish. totally exciteted about Charley and the Chocolate Factory. Johnny Depp will be the perfect Willy Wonka, altho i know people wont understand (y are they redoing a classic) well first of all, ITS A BOOK! and second lookin back it wasnt all that great, i mean there was so few they could do back then. I never knew there were so many tim fanatics out there that apprechiate him and his movies as much as me. You guys Rock!

nightcrawer89
yeah i know

andyF1
the films ive seen ive liked, especially edward scissor hands, only the end of planet of the apes had burtons trademark. Big fish looks good.

CaptainSparrow
Tim Burton in my mind is just pure genius. There aren't a lot of people that i would call a 'genius', but he deserves it.
All of his films are fantastic, and his visions are wonderful.
I've had to describe him, and tell people what i think about him, many times...but it's just impossible for me. There aren't really any words in the dictionary to describe him.
Maybe i'm just being soppy, but i really do relate with his stories.

Oh, and Big Fish is awesome. Very emotional, but brilliant. Everbody needs to go and see it!

movie_god
I agree, he is GENIUS, Im very much looking 4ward to charlie and the choc factroy

nightcrawer89
i know it will be fantastic

CaptainSparrow
His chocolate factory is going to be brilliant. I really can't wait for it. We're finally going to see the weird and wacky world that Roald Dahl was intending. Not some chippy musical with Gene Wilder and a bunch of kids.

movie_god
I myself am not big on musicials at all, But there is no need to slam Gene Wilder, I thought he was great as Willy Wonka. But Im very much looking 4ward to seeing how Depp will play Willy Wonka.

nightcrawer89
its gonna be funny watching jonny depp sing

wicker_man
My favourite Tim Burton film has to be Beetlejuice, although it is quite dated by todays standards, Burtons macabre direction and Keaton's (Micheal) portrayal as the lewd, crude, bio-exorcist Beetlejuice makes this film a hoot. I remember watching this film religiously as a child (much to my mums dismay) and still watch it now which certainly brings back the memories.

wicker_man
I have to agree with MovieGod on this one, the Wilder version is a classic not just in musical terms but also generally in the field of films.

nightcrawer89
when i was five i loved that movie and the cartoon and the books.i also like The Nightmare Before Christmas one of the best christmas movie ever.mars attacks is really funny.and batman is just plain cool.

kelita_33
I completely agree with you jacksparrow, i know exactly how you feel, you try to explain just how great tim is, but you cant get it out cause he's that great. He is a true genious, absoulutley brilliant. Johnny will be the perfect Willy Wonka. Hes my favorite actor ever, i think i can call him a genious too. When you mix Burton with Depp, you can only except greatness. Charley and the chocolate Factory (the book version) scared the crap out of me as a child so i will be excited to finally see it on screen (in a non orange and green midget singing way) and with that creppy tim burton twist.

CaptainSparrow
Ok, i apologise for the Gene Wilder thing. He was great as Willy Wonka.
What i meant was, the original movie wasn't really what i expected to see after reading the book.

Mr Parker
Tim Burton has made some good films that were just mentioned,no doubt about that, but honestly,batman is not one of them.

Kaleanae
I love Tim Burton's films, Big Fish is great!

kelita_33
Are you joking? Batman was great! The resent ones suck cause there not Burton, but i loved the first two. Don't be cranky just cause it cant follow the story exactly, but common, that always happens when you take a book or comic and turn it into a movie. Look past that, and you will see it's actually a good movie.

On a different note, im sorta new to this forum thing, and i wanted to play with the icons cause this bananna dude is making me laugh... Happy Dance sorry, that had nothing to do with anything

CaptainSparrow
I agree. Burton's Batman films were fine. The others, well, i'm not even gonna talk about them.
The studio said that his take on the story was too dark and that he totally ruined the Batman costume confused I'm sure they have other things to worry about.

kelita_33
ok, you know the walgreens comercials "in a perfect world.... blah blah blah". They totally remind me of something out of a tim burton film. They've all got that errieness to them, and the music sounds like it could just be Danny Elfman. Is it just me, or do you guys think this too? Am i just stupid? confused1

silver_tears
It reminds me of pleasantville big grin

andyF1
Batman was great, Jack Nicholson as the joker superb, "you ever danced with the devil under a pale blue moon" big grin

It will be cool if he pulls off willy wonka, with jonny depp as wonka he is half way there. I loved the original

silver_tears
He definately will, I can't wait to see the factory and the oomps big grin

nightcrawer89
it is gonna be cool

foxota5
Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and vicent are some of my favorite filmmss, i think hes awsome but i thought at sleepy hollow it sagged, and planet of then apes was barley any good, but he seems to be going back up with big fish, and then willy wonka

nightcrawer89
he is cool i can't wait until willy wonka.

Kes
Vicente is really freaky. Best short-film I've seen.
I like Sleepy Hollow confused
Big fish is great but it's very different from everything else he has done,thou there's the Tim Burton signature in it.

nightcrawer89
planit of the apes is on tonght on fox.tonight at 8 pm

kelita_33
i didnt like planet of the apes all too much. I heard Tim wanted to do so much stuff, but WB wouldnt let him, because it was unethical or something like that. But yah, in my opinion, it was kinda a bad movie.

nightcrawer89
i loved the old ones and wanted to see this one.it gets better and better every time i see it.it is also on march 9th on fx.

caballera
I can't wait for Wonka starring Johnny Depp! BTW, check out the trailer for Secret Window on www.budweiser.com/1!!!

kelita_33
Johnny is amazing! He'll be the PERFECT willy wonka, as for secret window, i think that ones gonna scare the crap out of me.

ivrith
Tim Burton cannot put a foot wrong

MissesDepp?!
This is the best movie ever!! Tim Burton is AMAZING!!!! And danny elfman does the voice of Jack Skellington, who i think is very attractive (Jack not Danny) the songs are way catchy it's hilarious too. I don't think you can decide if it's a christmas movie or a Halloween movie, i watch it all the time regardless....

Kaleanae
I love this movie, and I love Tim Burton, he is great... I used to have a Tim Buton's sig.

MissesDepp?!
yes Tim Burton really is amazing, Bat man, Beetlejuice, sleepy hollow, edward scissorhands... he really only went wrong with Monkey Bone and that was all Brendan fraser's fault!

Kaleanae
I like his book embarrasment

Cinemaddiction
Probably get more replies in the Tim Burton Films Thread

MissesDepp?!
OMG THE MELENCHOLY DEATH OF OYSTER BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE VODO DOLL GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissesDepp?!
i love this one

Stick Boy liked Match Girl,
He liked her a lot.
He liked her cute figure,
he thought she was hot.

But could a flame ever burn
for a match and a stick?
It did quite literally;
he burned up pretty quick.

Kaleanae
Hehehe, I live his poems. I also love Edward Gorey Books (I don't know why I wrote this)

MissesDepp?!
i love edgar allen poe's poetry, that too is irrelevant...

Kaleanae
hehehe

Kaleanae
Well, I have to do my homework and go to sleep, I have to go to school tomorrow...

shaber
I liked Edward Scissorhands, but I'm not really sure about the rest.

nightcrawer89
i saw batman returns last night for the 200th time and it is worth buying.

kelita_33
wow so many post since i was gone. wow, mis depp you really worship nightmare before christmas. A GREAT film, but the only thing i hate about it is how its totally marketed to my age group so like EVERYONE walks around with nightmare crap, and then what really pisses me off is that you'll go to hot topic and they'll only sell nightmare stuff, when Tim has so many other movies that so worth producing crap on. And this meloncholy death of oster boy, ive heard of it but i dont know what is is. Fill me in roll eyes (sarcastic) Have you guys seen Vincent? Its SOOOOO great, i love its all "he wanted to be vincent price", and the fact that vincent price was narroating. That was so awsome. I think we can all agree that Tim Burton is a GENIOUS!

nightcrawer89
i think i might have i but i am not sure

kelita_33
well i know i asked what it was, but i looked it up and saw for myself. Wow, Tim Burton is a true genious. I went onto amazon.com and it showed a preview of one of the stories, and it was the one about match girl and stick boy. That was SOOOOOOOO great like you dont even know, well you do cause obviously you guys have read it. My sister enjoyed it too and she said she'd buy it for my birthday.

nightcrawer89
cool

shaber
Oh yeah, and I forgot about his two Batmen embarrasment

nightcrawer89
what how can you for get the batman movies they are some of the coolest movies ever.

kelita_33
Yah, i feel kind of stupid asking this, but im still new and all to these forums thingys, and i really only have been posting in this one, but how do you start your own forum?

Kes
forum? You mean thread like this one, right?
Just press New Topic at the top or bottom of the page.

kelita_33
forum, thread, disussion, whatever it is...
thank you so much! happy

nightcrawer89
it is easy once you get stared

kelita_33
sad I made a lotr forum and people got mad at me cause "it was in the wrong place..." i didnt think it mattered where i put my discussion, i dont like making threads, people are mean, this sucks sad

Ill just stick to tim burton happy thread smile

nightcrawer89
it matters

Kes
Yeh, it matters. I dont know if you noticed but we have different forums for different topics.

nightcrawer89
and all of the thread are cool

Kes
Now lets get back to Tim Burton smile

msj_shanks
my 2 favourite tim burton movies are big fish and edward scissorhands.

nightcrawer89
both good movies

nightcrawer89
has any one seen sleepy hallow i thought that movie was cool

kelita_33
i just watched it about a month ago. Its a great movie. I thik its was Tim Burtons best at getting that really errie creepy setting, with all the fog in the back round, basically it was one of his best visual wise. And yet another of Johnny Depp's brilliant performances, but when can he ever not be brilliant, both of them, tim and johnny.

nightcrawer89
i think those two have somthing going. in the begining of jonns movie dabru he was 1. edward sisor hands and then when he was famous and people liked him he was in 2.sleepy hallow and now that people really like him and want to send him fan mail he is in 3.willy wonka

kelita_33
i just bought big fish the other day and watched it. I was like, im not going to cry this time because i know its coming, but somehow it was even sadder. i know i shouldn cry cause edward blooms life wasnt something to cry over, but still, its more like tears of joy and happiness

ladygrim
mine has to be either edward scissor hands or sleepy hollow...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.