Speeding Tickets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texas
I got my first speeding ticket today. Going 81mph in a 60 zone! I have been speeding down this freeway for 3 years, and they finally got me. Had a cop with a radar detector hiding on an overpass! That's no fair! They shouldn't be so sneaky!

Got to pay $200 mad

Now I haven't told little ole mommy yet, will it show up in the insurance statement? sad

ToMacco
You bet your ass it will show up on your insurance. It's gonna sky-rocket. Your screwed. Tough break, pal. sad

Texas
What if my name isn't on the statement. Just the car. It's a new car, and my dad is listed as an operator, not me.

ToMacco
So your not even an insured driver on the car? Oh man, your parents are gonna kill you!!!!!!!!! Their insurance is gonna be so high now.

And the ticket will be on your record for two or more years.

Texas
Dont tell me that! sad
Do you know if it will shop up on the next statement, or when it's time to renew the policy?
Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?

ToMacco
I got a ticket for going through a stop sign when I was sixteen.

I'm pretty sure that your parents insurance will go up immediatly. And if you try to apply for your own insurance, your rates will be higher becuase you got a ticket.

But you could be in big trouble, because your not a listed opperator. . . and then you go and get a ticket.

Matt, my friend, you may be in a world of shit. You better bite the bullet and tell your folks, or run away. big grin

Dim
Your first?!?!...you haven't lived...

ToMacco
yeah, Dimmy, but Tex has been to jail 12 times for cocaine abuse big grin

Texas
Good, finally someone with experience.
So does it really mess up your record Dim?
Some people on the net are saying it will take a year to show up on the statement.
My best friends boyfriend took her car, got a spedding ticket, and it hasn't shown up on her parents statement, it's been over a year
So I have some hope! smile

ToMacco
For your sake, I hope your right.

Honestly, (In crazy Braverheart guys voice): "You're ****ed!" big grin big grin big grin

finti
oh man I was just a couple of miles under the limit of losing my drivers license. Man that fine sucked though over a half a months wage. sad

Ratcat
Dunno about the US, but over here it goes on your licence for 5 years and if you fail to declare it to the insurance then that's fraud and voids any policy with zero refund.

mechmoggy
That's right RC, I expect it's the same over there too. These insurance company's only need half an excuse to welsh out on payments.

finti
Why blame the Taffy`s ????????????? big grin

Dim
I've only had one actually affect my insurance but I think that's because I've been in alot of different states. Hopefully the others never catch up with me.

keokiswahine
yup, yup, and yup. It will show up in the insurance rates at renewal time. Yes, you now have so many points assessed against your driving record for points for the court system. Once you max out on points, your license will be suspended for so long. If you apply for your own insurance policy, and you are a single male under age 27, be ready to sacrifice your soul to the insurance company. If you own an OLD car, like about 10 years old, paid in full, and a car not considered high risk or a racing vehicle, THEN, you will have a lower rate for LIABILITY only, no actual car coverage at all. You might get away with about $1200 a year, but that's just a guess. and take a high deductible like $500.00, meaning, you pay the first $500 on any claim against you. Your rates will be lower if you take a higher deductible. Liability is just insurance for the other person if YOU hit someone or another car or property damage like someone's house/fence. No coverage for your car at all. sorry, life sucks. join the rest of us who sacrifice daily to the insurance companies who rule us. eek! evil face big grin stick out tongue

Texas
I went to see an attorney at school today, and she said that with my ticket, I would need to sign up for some deferred jurisdiction crap, take a defensive driving course on the internet and it wouldn't show up on my record. That's what the clerk at The Municipal Court told me too!

So once again Texas has gotten by scott free cool smokin' cool

SUCKERS!!!!! stick out tongue

I'll be speeding again tomorrow evil face

ToMacco
I'm gonna put a bomb in your car

yerssot
and when he slows down to 50, the bomb will explode, I take

Raz
IIRC, in the UK you get 3 points on your license if you speed. If you've just passed about 5 years ago - you get to take your test again.

Or if you go waaaaay over the limit - you get your license suspended immediately!

yerssot
and when I have more then a 5, I didn't failed my test smile

seriously (YES, I can be that)
they are talking about getting the same system in Belgium

Texas
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that the max speed on the highways is only 60mph. Everyone drives over 80mph anyways! roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
that's the problem, if one doesn't drive like the rules the others will follow

Texas
Well it's not my fault!
They should only make cars that go up to 60mph!
Making cars that go 120mph, they want you to speed
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
that's for one you want to drive on a CIRCUIT big grin

queeq
For the US you are right Tex. But not for Europe. We have Germany (no speed limit on the main highways).

Edna Witch
Haven't had a speeding ticket yet (crosses fingers). I'm not all that fast anyway. My car would fall apart. I'm just dangerous in general on the roads. I think they should put a maximum limit on the number of times you can take your test you know. People like me who had to take it five times and only pass from the pity of the examiner shouldn't be allowed to drive!

Texas
Are the driving tests harder in Europe? Here, they make you drive around for 2 minutes, parallel park and that's it! Oh, and theres also a 20 guestion test that you take on the computer. It is soooo easy roll eyes (sarcastic)

keokiswahine
they give you ONE chance in the deferred plea since this is your first ticket. you hafta keep your nose and speed in control. If you get another ticket, they'll throw the book at ya.

Texas
Yeah your right.
I was just kidding about the speeding again part
I have been officially traumatized by this speeding ticket. Today I drove in the far right lane, never crossing 65. The old ladies in their Cadillac's were passing me and giving ugly looks. It's sooo embarassing embarrasment sad embarrasment

mechmoggy
I'm a bit of a speed demon myself, you just can't help yourself though can you? I wish our motorways had no speed limit.

Ratcat
Our motorways have speed limits???

Gundark
And here I was at first, feeling sorry for you Tex, you poor bastard. Now you're out speeding again. *calls PA State Police, gives them hot tip to send to TX State Police* Hehehe. evil face

keokiswahine
I know the old ladies are pushing it, but their day is coming. You hafta be careful, cuz young studs is ticket bait for the traffic courts. That's how states keep their general funds afloat and how insurance companies up their profits. That's the game, and if you don't play by their rules, you pay.

Texas
Thanks Keo, you are right about everything!
I stared the defensive driving course online this morning. I am never speeding again. They show you clips about parents whoose children have been killed and it really makes you sad and guilty.

So to all you old lady speeders out there: WATCH OUT!!! big grin

mechmoggy
Keo, that old lady statement was possitively evil! evil face laughing out loud

Edna Witch
You only have to drive for two minutes? No way! OUr test last for 40 minutes an during that we also have to do two out of the three manouvers : parallel park, three point turn and reversing round a corner. There is also a thirty five question theory test that you have to pas with at least 30 before hand.

queeq
Same here. In general people fail the first time.

Dim
In general people pass the first time here.. big grin

keokiswahine
Dimmy, I finally really looked at your light sabre words. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud *short, fuzzy, cuddly, ewokish*

Gundark
Keo now has way too much spare time. laughing out loud

UnknownBountyHunter
My record is clean. We have the Autobahn! evil face I've gone up to 230 kph, no higher though.

Texas
We need autobahns in the US mad

keokiswahine
*looks carefully in pockets for spare time, finds only spare change* big grin big grin big grin wink

mechmoggy
.....a button and some trouser fluff. big grin

keokiswahine
guess we need Texas oil to fund the Texas autobahn. roll eyes (sarcastic) wink stick out tongue

Texas
That's a great idea!!!!
We'll use Texas' oil to fund the project, then we'll implant special chips in to Texans cars. So if anyone from Hawaii or California trys to get on the autobahn, sharp metal spikes will pierce through the tires and send then flyiing off to a fiery ditch!! evil face stick out tongue evil face wink

ToMacco
I think we should use Texas's death penalty, and wipe you out, Mattie evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.