A New Web Worm Spreading Rapidly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
Checking across Yahoo (.co.uk) i came across this article :

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040127/325/ekfq7.html

Just be on your look out for suspicious e-mails people.

badkittykitty
thanks for the heads up wicker man

wicker_man
No problem glad to be of help smile

LanceWindu
I don't open mail from anyone I don't know, so I'm safe.

wicker_man
Same here i've filtered my e-mail options to only allow permitted e-mails to get into my mailbox however not everyone implies this so i thought it would highlight the threat of 'dodgy' e-mails.

Lil Seraph
Hi everyone, there are these stupid emails im recievin and they are annoyin the e-mail and probably generated by computer e.g [email protected] i get emails like that from like 5 each day from different emails its a piss off, and the emails say relieve your debt.What should i do?

BTW does anyone like my new sig?

Catch 22
I get a ton of this crap, that's why I keep my AV SW uptodate.

rusky
Very nice.... who's that in the sig ?

yerssot
hillary duff by the looks of it

well, my point is still that people shouldn't complain about virus-problems they should get anti-virus software to start with!

Catch 22
Yeah, looks like Hilary Duff to me.

yerssot
you ol'wulf wink

Raz
The best way, I have found, to keep yourself safe, is not to use Outlook as your mail reader. For all my emails I use a web based interface sitting on a linux server. Can't get safer than that!

Fire
yea outlook is a *****

rusky
laughing out loud

Fire
or buying an ancient machintosh and use hotmail, that works quite good as well smile

anywayz I got word today that the KUL (the university which yerss and storm and me attend) got 30.000 infected emails in the last 16 hours LOL

yerssot
no sh!t sherlock, had to tell my mom how to scan the comp at home cause of their shitting around

last time I heard it was a prof that got a worm in roll eyes (sarcastic)
luckily I scan!

Fire
hehe which course?

silver_tears
I have firewalls and virus scanning software up, and they alert me of these things every time something new comes up big grin
So I can say I'm well protected plus I don't open emails unless I need them big grin

Fitch
very good,it's good to be protected,especially against web viruses big grin

silver_tears
lets hope that message doesnt have a double meaning eek!

yerssot
I think it does
and? do you?

Catch 22
I've had over 100 copies of this virus come through the SWMovies.Net email domain, fortunately the AV SW has caught them all.

yerssot
yeah, one got in, though I'm not sure if it was through swm or KUL (my uni) messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.