Return of the King Academy Award Nominations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-NuT
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King has recieved 11 Nominations for the 76th Academy Awards.

The nominations include ...

ART DIRECTION
COSTUME DESIGN
DIRECTING
FILM EDITING
MAKEUP
MUSIC (SCORE)
MUSIC (SONG)
BEST PICTURE
SOUND
VISUAL EFFECTS
WRITING (ADAPTED SCREENPLAY)

For the full nomination list go here.

The winners will be announced 29th of February.

Go ROTK

Kitoky
OMG, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

P-NuT
lets hope for a better result than last year

Isilcal
I know! 11 awards?!?! Whoo Ill be cheering all night!

lmao

GO ROTK!!!!!

P-NuT
same. last year it took me some time to get over the defeats from chicago etc... but not this year. This is the year of the Ring!

Kitoky
It had some tough competition the last 2 years, 3rd one's a charm wink

I mean with movies like Moulin Rouge, and Chicago....That's tough.

I hope Seabiscuit wins one though.

P-NuT
yeh spiderman really pulled through in that movie.

Kitoky
Hmm?

P-NuT
as in tobey macguire

Aurora
I am still upset! They were talking this morning on GMA about their predictions for the nominations and they perdicted that Sean Astin would get a best supporting actor nom. but alas no!!!! *sits down and cries*

P-NuT
he won a screen actors guild award for supporting actor though didnt he?

Kitoky
I KNOW! THEY SHOULD NOMINATE SEAN ASTIN FOR BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR! AAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries with Aurora*

P-NuT
hehe

Aurora
SAG award isn't the same!!!! He should have been nominated!!!

Kitoky
OSCARS ARE BIG AND GOLDEN GLOBES ARE BIG!!!!!! I WANNA SUE!!!!!!!!! mad mad

Aurora
ME TOO!!!

A.D. Skinner
I really think it will be ROTK night on Feb. 29th. With 11 nominations, how could the Academy think anything other than how great it is !

P-NuT
i want it to win 5. 5 is a nice number. At least 5. Anything more than 5 would be awesome.

Aurora
Well I would love for it to win 11! And I think that it is quite possible for it to win all 11 of them... although I am only counting on 8. I can't tell u which tho.....

Kitoky
They'll win like 75% of their nominations probably.

A.D. Skinner
I am hoping for Best Picture and Best Director...I really think P.J. deserves the honor.

Aurora
I am too, although I think that it might be a long shot on best makeup and costumes.... that catagory is a throw up. Who knows what they are actually looking for... the winners are always very diff each year.,

Kitoky
It has a 60% chance of winning Best Picture.

Isilcal
I want at least 6 awards won. And they probably will too... even more maybe! smile ... they have a good chance after the GG's, which they won all four of the awards... smile

A.D. Skinner
The Golden Globes usually write the script for the Oscars...ROTK should have no problem securing the awards at the Oscars that it was given in the GG

mors823
Quick q: What's the difference between the Golden Globes and the Oscars?

RotK should get Best Pic, Best Director, Best adp screenplay and a few other big ones.

A.D. Skinner
Golden Globes award Television series as well as movies.

It is said it is more of a publicity event that leads up to the Oscars.

Gloden Globes also awards the Cecil B. De Mille award.

SilverFighter
Great Job PJ and I hope ROTK sweeps the Oscars. The only thing that has gotten me annoy was that Johny Depp got a nomitaion for best actor??? That's BS!!! That nomination should have gone to Ian McKellen and not Depp. Unless you count him as a supporting actor?

Kitoky
I think Sean Astin should be the one nominated for Best Supporting ACtor. Not that Ian didn't have a large role but it would make sense if Ian was nominated as BSA maybe for FotR because he played a HUGE role in that.

I think Depp doesn't deserve BSA, he's a great guys and has TALENT of playin' any kind of character. His perfomance in PotC was phenomenal. wink But that's just me.

enya
i think that they deserve all the words but i think it will get most but not all- it shud def get best pic

i was dissapointed that sam didnt get nominated for supportin actor cos he was fantastic and soooooooo inspirational in my opinion- i fink johny depp deserves his too!

Lady Ellie
Johnny Depp was pretty cool and made me laugh, but I think Elijah Wood or Sean Astin or Ian Mckellen shoud have been nominated. I mean, they were all so good and I'm still kind of upset about it!!!
Although, I'm very happy about the other nominations. 11!!!!!!! Man, it would be great if they won BEST MOVIE AND BEST DIRECTOR. I'm almost sure ROTK will get BEST EFFECTS and MUSIC thumb up thumb up

SilverFighter
I agree Sean Astin should gotten Best supporting actor nominee. Anyways I got a good feeling that ROTK will sweep the Oscars and I'm rooting all the way!!! As for Johny, I like his performance better in Sleepy Hollow than POTC.

P-NuT
i think depp deserved it. and i also believe astin should have pulled a nom.

shadow link
its still not really good enough, i mean fotr got 14 noms!!!!! and (gadalf nominated for supp actor) rotk should have had at least 13, anyway wat exactly is cinematorgrpagy and can anyone tell me y it didnt get nominated for it or sound editing plus how come matrix didnt get nominated for and sfx awards

plus master and commander isnt far behind with 10 noms but wont get as many coz rotk will deffinately get best pic and director and sfx coz it did at globes but still a threat

merryandpipsgig
congrates hehe

PippinTook
I'm with Kit and Aurora. Sean Astin should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actor!!!! mad Who else could make you cry like that??? NO ONE!!! He definately deserves it....why wasn't he nominated?!?!?!

Ahh well...I still think ROTK is gonna win all 11 wink GO ROTK!!!! YAY!!!!

P-NuT
anger a plently

azszhz

P-NuT
go to the first post in this thread and follow the link for a full list of nominees.

enya
i know! i totally agree i couldnt believe dat sean astin wasnt nominated!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.