The Raspberry Awards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bad Boy
The unfair Raspberry Awards are coming up. Who's gonna get it then?

I think (but nothing really deserves it)

Worst Film- Planet of the Apes
Worst Director- Michael Bay (better not be!)
Worst Actor- Josh Hartnett- Pearl Harbor
Worst Actress- Kate Beckinsale- Pearl Harbor

The Raspberry Awards are shite!

Thomas H
The hole thing is a big joke! smile

TeCk-IcE
What???

No Schwarzenegger award this time??

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

mah
micheal bay diserves it

Mujaffa
chop the head of the monkies and push the award down the hole laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing evil face

ToMacco
Michael Bay does suck.

Thomas H
Michael Bay rocks.
Arnold have not starred in any movies so he can get this rassie award!

Bad Boy
OK, if you know so much about the production of film, then tell me why Michael Bay deserves it. He made Pearl Harbor without getting paid because he made it as a tribute to the survivors. Could Tarantino make a film on such a scale as Pearl Harbor? I think not. Could you do it? I definetly think not so piss off to Ain't It Cool News!

Thomas H
Michael bay is good, just check out the rock and bad boys!

Ushgarak
Making films for no money does not a good director make. Making huge budget films does not a good director make.

Only the quality of his direction determines this. You may not agree that he is the worst director, but plenty do, and you cannot say that he should be somehow not 'allowed' to be worst director just because he did a film for free or because Tarantino does not make that sort of movie.

And if any film deserves to have raspberries attributed to it it is Pearl Harbour!

Machine
OH MY GOD ! That was a total humilation .

Today ushgarak is serving A NICE COURSE OF ***** SLAP UPSIDE YOUR HEAD!

i agree with ushgarak

Ushgarak
Why, thankyou.

Mind youm there is this annoying trend these days that direction only gets panned by critics if the movie does, and likewise is only praised if the movie is.

I can't remember the last time a review said that a movie was bad but well directed.

Bad Boy
OK OK! That was a bad way of explaining it- I'm not embarrised HEH HEH! Anyway, if you were to spend the time to carefully watch Bay's work, you would see that each shot is beautifully done and still have great meaning and depth. Also, what exactly is wrong with quick editing???

FLIPMODE
Hey BadBoy, Let me Shed some light on the topic.

Yes Bay , AND main Cast Members Spared getting paid....BEFORE THE MOVIE WAS DONE....hoping, and ofcourse anticipating HUGE box office returns. I mean how can they go wrong, you got Ben Affleck, Micael Bay, a Pretty co-star, AND Special effects. So (And I TOTALLY remembered the interview Before the movie came out) They Put a hold on getting paid their Salaries until AFTER the movie was finished, and revenue could be made.

Dont get me wrong THAT is a big TASK for Big time Hollywood (pampered) stars, but in NO way was that for the Veterans.THAT, was done to help production go smoother, and the cover story to the press was that they were making a noble gesture. They all still did it for the money. If not, they could have done something easier, they could have given all monies from ticket sales to charity.

Infact I think the the Movie itself did a terrible job payiing homage to veterans, on either side of the war. I think a film, not exactly like, but pretty close to how "saving Private Ryan" was done. Respectfully. I know what the Love story in Pearl Harbor was Supposed to Symbolize, "the Sate of America, in pretty much lay back, peacefull times", unprepared for a full war. But they did'nt have to go as far as they did. The focus of the movie should have never been about a Silly Love Story. It should have gotten directly to the heart of the causes, the happenings, and the solution of the Battle. All that other "movie" stuff, was just silly.

ToMacco
The reason I don't like Michael Bay is because he is so choppy in his scene shots.

Pearl Harbor was a good movie. But a lot of scenes were cut together, and you think to yourself "what the hell just happended?" When Afflect was fighting, it was cut together with what was happening at Pearl Harbor so poorly. And the scene after the barfight, one second Afflect was puking, and then it quickly cuts to Afflect and Hartnett talking. What is that?

Armageddon was even worse. The first half of the movie was good, then it went COMPLETELY downhill.

Thomas H
we should be a shame of our selfs!!!
How could we forgett stinkers like "glitter" and "freddy got fingerd""???? can this ever be forgiven?? laughing out loud

mah
yes. I think 'glitter' has a bigger chance of getting the award than 'Planet of the Apes'.

ToMacco
But let's give credit that Planet of the Apes was bad.

Thomas H
was it so bad??

ToMacco
it was pretty bad. It reallly had nothing like the old movies (or the original, at least). It simply turned into a good guy, bad guy movie (and the bad guys happend to be apes) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Plus the ending didn't make any sense at all.

Thomas H
Nr 1 was good
Nr 2 was ridicolus
Nr 3 was a joke
Nr 4 was so bad that it hurts
Nr 5 was ok!

ToMacco
The first one was the only one that was good.

Thomas H
I agree, nr 5 was ok. nothing else! smile

King Jedi
I loved Planet of the Apes. sad

mah
then you're one of few.

Thomas H
Did you like all of them??

King Jedi
I liked Tim Burtons version. It would have been better if Mark Whalberg was replaced by a better actor.

ToMacco
I didn't think anyone liked the new one.

BackFire349
planet of the apes was pretty awful.

Tex
Madonna's Swept Away is gonna win the Raspberry award this time around.
Guy Richie is ruined!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.