Lyrics and translation [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dyl
Does anyone know where you can find lotr sheet music on the net? I need it for free, i mean I'm not trying to sound cheap, i just can't find it anywhere here, and my parents have something against using their credit card on the internet. Well, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas, so if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

tiger lilly
i dont know if there's any on the net, if u cant find any try your local library, u can get loadsa sheet music there, and hey, u dont have to pay! one eye

tiger lilly
oh and try kazaa! ive just been lookin for may it be by enya, and u can d/l the sheet music from there! Happy Dance

whiterider
ive seen some at www.lordoftherings.net and then you click on shop and then it will say click here to enter the store. but you have to pay for it. there is a TT booklet and i think there is a FOTR book. but im not totaly sure about that. sorry for it being for money.

Dyl
hey guys, thanks for all the help, if you want, i did a bit of research, and i found a website with a lot of the scores for free! Well, I'll post it in a bit, I have to find the page again, well the site has Rohan, Evenstar, Concerning Hobbits, the main theme, May it Be, Many Meetings and a Mix, thanks again for all the help!

whiterider
cool for free, like do you print it out or something or do you order cuz, then you probably have to pay for s+h and the other stuff just incase ya know

Dyl
K, i found it! its TOTALLY free!!! all you have to do is print it! the site is www .geocities.com/avarisilver/lotrsm/
hope this helps! big grin

Member.
i can play nearly every lotr sheet music that's out. good for me i guess...

Piano Player UK
email me and i will give you the lord of the ring "IN DREAMS" sheet music!
Happy Dance
Click here to email me!

aniron
try www.8notes.com, thats where I got mine b4 i bought the book lotr

aniron
hi does anyone know when the rotk piano music book will be out?

Izz
I'm searching for the music which the elves sing when they pass Sam and Frodo on their way to the havens, and I read somewhere that it's called Farewell to Lorien. But whenever I'm trying to downoad the music with Kazaa (it's bad, I know, but it's so beautiful I just NEED it, and I can't get it on CD out here), I get classical music. I heard of this, and I've tried many different Farewells, but they all are classical. Does anyone know how I can get it?

Kitoky
Ahoy there matey.

Well this is all I could find of Farewell to Lorien and it's from the Two Towers. Farewell to Lorien

This one is from the Fellowship of the Ring, Lothlorien - Lothlorien

Any soundtrack Mp3 seeking, I can help you.

lkotbr33
ha i cant help u there but i guess kitoky can

Izz
Great! thanks Kitoky. But I was something else than I thought it was. I'm still looking for the song where the elves pass in FOTR, which was in the FOTR EE. I don't know whether it ever got on cd. Hope so. It's one of my favs.

Kitoky
Oh when the Elves travel to the West to the Grey Havens?

I'm sorry, but I believe that song can only be heard on the EE since it wasn't in the original movie and the sound track follows the original movie.

shadowy_blue
Look here Click to "Soundtracks"...then Click "FOTR lyrics"...then scroll down at the very, very bottom. It's the second to the last song. You will see a link of the sound file, then click it, download it, then you should hear it. It's not the whole thing though, it's just the song that you hear from the movie, with Frodo and Sam speaking. smile

Kitoky
Where shadowy?

shadowy_blue
I can't take the link to the real page where the song is. I don't know why. But just click the link that I gave..then click "Soundtrack: a Linguistic Survey", then scroll down then click "Lyrics" from FOTR....then scroll down at the very, very bottom. It's the second to the last song. There's a sound file there. big grin

Exa
Here the exact link
http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie_soundtrack_fotr.htm#elbereth

And the download
http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/sounds/elbereth.wav

Phoenix
Kit, how do u post mp3 links...? blink

Izz
Thanks a lot!! This is exactly what I was looking for, the words with it too. You're great shadowy blue

Kitoky
Press the http:// .... button in your post selections...silly Phoenix.

Kitoky
Here you can ask any questions about Lord of the Rings and Exa or others can answer them.

Exa, can you translate these for me?

Caedo, losto. U-enn davo.
Amman harthach? Anim unad.
Letug nach. O hon u-wannathon.
U-moe le anno nad. Onen a hon beth nin.
Gurth han nstatha. Ta han narcho Gurth.

Gar vethed e-chunen, go hon bedithon na meth.

Mi naurath Orodruin
Boe hedi i Vin
Han i vangad i moe ben bango
Sin eriol natha tur in ugarnen
Sin eriol um beleg ugannen

U cilith 'war.
U men 'war.
Boe min mebi.
Boe min bango.

Dannen le
A u-erin le regi
Rang ail le iestannen
Lu ail le tegin na hen.
Gwannach o innen ului
U lu erui, ului.

Thanks smile

Exa

Kitoky
Wow, thanks so much Exa!

Exa
Where did you find these texts?

sauron
lol cool a thread for 'lynx' big grin

Kitoky
I found them on these little promo cards.

Exa
big grin big grin

Discos
Sauron nice sig, sorry but i prefer the other one better,

Exa
Hey I found a complete translation for the first on the net

Lie down, sleep. / I cannot yield.
Why do you still hope? / I have nothing else.
You are a fool. / I will not leave him.
You owe him nothing / I gave him my word.
Death will break it. / Then let death break it.
He has the last of my heart. / I will go with him to the end.

smile Awww that text is cool... I love it...

Aurora
Mee too it is beautiful!!

Kitoky
That really is beautiful.

Smodden
o k question:

why did the elves release Melkor after 3 ages! why did they let him roam free and redoo all the damage.

i am only half-way thru book so don't give away any spoilers.

fini
lol, finally an EXA page, we knew it was coming.

Kitoky
And me the newbie created it stick out tongue

Exa
They were merciful smile
Well, Melkor was such a bad guy at that time big grin or at least they didnt think so... main reason is perhaps that he was always friendly and so they shortened his time in prison. He was helpful to the elves, always talking in a friendly way, teaching them, they thought that he was perhaps cured... but well he was a good actor big grin he showed them all the things he knew - and he knew many things, and the elves were quite impressed (especially Feanor), but he also put seeds of lies in their hearts, lies about the Valar and that all they wanted was power for themselves (well, he was right at that point love ), so they released him because they thought "well he isnt really that evil..."

At least I think it was like that big grin my memory often fails me... Il re-read it when Im home again smile

merryandpipsgig
********************** legolas *********************
**********************merrynpippin ***********************
********************* gollum*****************************

orlandoOYEA
Exa you are so brilliant, what would we do without you.

Exa
embarrasment

Very interesting indeed big grin
You forgot Witchy love stick out tongue and Mothy...

Sifer
Visit -> http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.htm - Encyclopedia of Arda

And -> http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/ - Ardalambion - Evlish Language Resource

Kitoky
That won't stop us from asking questions and sites like those don't help very much so stop being sucha party pooper stick out tongue

rianna_d
Ok I wanna ask something...Is eldarion human right? I mean... he's not half-elven , is he a numenorean? did he had they same life spam as his father? I never understood that, confused and... does he have pointed ears? stick out tongue wink

Exa

Sifer
I didn't say, or imply that. I would rather everyone have access to equal amounts of information, hence the reason I posted it. Also, these 2 sites in particular DO teach you alot. Want to learn how to speak like an Orc? Take a look at the 2nd link, or possibly Quenya? Sindarin? Khuzdul? And many more. Read correctly, before you post seemingly witty replies with incorrect assumptions.

Smodden
thanks for the info sifer... and i will refer to it often...but exa's just so briliant!!!

Exa
It's sad that nobody here ever seems to visit the ardalambion sites. There are about five links to it in each elvish thread and yet obviously nobody reads anything there though they are the best source for information about Tolkien's languages and would answer perhaps 90% of the questions about "elvish".

What does this refer to?

Sifer
Kitoky claiming the following:

That won't stop us from asking questions and sites like those don't help very much so stop being sucha party pooper

smile

Kitoky
Dude I was joking man.

Kitoky
I can't let this thread die....besides, there are loads of questions that Exa can answer like the thread Discos started or someone...

Exa
big grin
but why do you just ask me? why dont you ask sauron? or ush? or turin? or the house of ransom? or freddiefreeload? ...? or yourself?!? they know most probably more than I do ^^

rianna_d
Ok another question... how did annatar 'seduced' the elves to make the rings... I think he was very handsome as annatar LOL, but what the heck did he tell them? was it something like 'Let's make some pretty jewerly for out beautiful fingers?' or what? embarrasment

Exa
big grin
The elves wanted to learn and were impressed by Sauron's skills and knowledge about making things of craft, so he taught them for long years, and well if you admire somebody you often do stupid things that for just a moment look like having a reason... so, why not also making rings? I dont know about any special reason... perhaps they saw rings of power as a perfect challenge... or sauron just told his pupils "well today we will start a new chapter... creating veeeery powerful ringies that might perhaps one day bring great evil."

shadowy_blue
^ ^ laughing

Smodden
ok exa i have another ?:

is ungoliant and shelob the same spider and if not are they related?

Exa
They are related - Shelob is the last daughter of Ungoliant.

There are different versions of Ungoliant, but it seems quite sure that she died before the third age. It is said that "she devoured herself" in her hunger in the South of the World, while Tolkien wrote in a manuscript for a poem about Earendil that he killed Ungoliant on one of his journeys to the South.

Smodden
oh thanx

stedan82
Does anyone have translations for the choral pieces on the soundtrack such as "The Bridge of Khazad-Dum" and stuff like that. (This applies to all soundtracks)

PLEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE find them. If I could my self then I would but I can't so I won't.

-Thanks

Exa
You find everything on elvish.org:

FoTR:
http://elvish.org/gwaith/movie_soundtrack_fotr.htm

TTT:
http://elvish.org/gwaith/movie_soundtrack_ttt.htm

RoTK:
http://elvish.org/gwaith/movie_soundtrack_rotk.htm

shadowy_blue
Here:

http://www.elvish.org/gwaith/movie_soundtrack.htm

Just scroll down and click on "Lyrics"..not the pictures. smile

stedan82
Thank you Soooooo much

shadowy_blue
Oh, there you go, there's Exa and her Elvish sites. big grin You should be alright. big grin

Kitoky
Can anyone tell me what the use of this thread is? If you can- prove it.

shadowy_blue
Ask Exa? big grin

Pipage558
ok exa! can you translate what Maranwe Sindanarie means in evlish? i got it from an elf name generator.

Exa

Arwene
hey exa how cool a thread for youuuu! could you translate this for me
Nessa Ar-Feiniel

Exa
Nessa is the name of a goddess and maybe means "manlike"... or something... Ar-feiniel is the nickname of the sister of the king of Gondolin and means "Queen white-lady"

Arwene
lol confused... i would love a proper elf name where can i get one

Exa
Well what is a "proper elf name"? This IS a proper elf name... or do you want your real name translated or somethting... Arwene is also a "proper" elvish name...

Maikahyandowen
hey exa buddy! i'm pretty sure my screen name is my name in Elvish, but i don't know if it's an accurate translation. help please???

Exa
Ok I think its quenya - right? Or rather qenya, using "k" instead of "c"...

Sounds like "sharp-?cleaver-girl"... or something big grin big grin -hyando like in "Sangahyando", this grandson of Castamir, but I dont know if this element exists along

Maikahyandowen
what?

Exa
Lol what do you actually want to know`?

Maikahyandowen
what my name is in elvish. i'm not sure if Maikahyandowen is a correct translation of it.

Exa
A correct translation of - well, what is the name you want to translate?

Maikahyandowen
Alison

Exa
Ew... where does that name come from, do you know that? Because I have no idea what its meaning is and if I dont know the meaning I cant translate anything

Maikahyandowen
it's the Celtic form of Alice

feanor
Celtic form - Aelisc - All eye - all knowing...(wild guess)

Maikahyandowen
thoughts, Exa?

Exa
OH ok thanks

It would be Arquen... or Artanis... or maybe Arwen (meaning "High" or "noble" in the original old high german form)
note - Artanis is a name of Galadriel big grin

Pipage558
thanx exa!

Exa
np wink

Smodden
ok this may SEEM like a stupid question, ok well it IS a stupid question but:

Why don't hobbit's and elves have facial hair??? is it because they constantly shave, or is it just something PJ invented for the movies...

shadowy_blue
That's one of the misconceptions some people have. Elves actually could grow facial hair. Cirdan in the book has beard.

Smodden
oh cool

Exa
Yes, you also can see a beard on one of Tolkiens pictures... it shows Beleg ( love ) and hes definitely wearing a beard.

But the audience simply did not want to see beards on elves and they also wanted to have blond elves, so PJ made it like that

feanor
Guten Morgen allerseits!

Hey Exa, this is off topic, but the german word for "I" is "Ich".
How exactly is that pronounced? Is it "Ik" or "Ix" or "Ish". Or is it
"Eye-ch"...just curious.

Exa

Kitoky
Must keep on Fist Page....Exa...keep on answerin'

feanor
Hantalye...Danke...Motto Grazie...

Smodden
ok this is more of a comment than a question...:

remember when in ROTK aragorn went to the black gate and said "let the lord of the black land come forth"...then the armies came out and they were fightin' and a big troll came and began crushing aragorn's neck with his FOOT...and then aragorn STABED it with a dagor....

that reminds me a LOT of when morgoth crushed fingolfin(i think thats his name)and he stabed the foot of Morgoth....

Do you think that was a lil thing pj put in for sil fans??? or no relation at all...???I mean when i read that part in the book i instantly thought of theat scene from ROTK

Kitoky
Well...good theory, but I don't think so.

Exa

Kitoky
Because, I see threads everyday being made asking questions that I think you can answer, and if it goes further than the first page, the newbies can't see it so they don't a stupid excuse.

Kitoky
Here it is! I'm putting it to sticky.

Exa
Lol now it's already a note stick out tongue somehow... scary big grin

White Lady
hey exa could you tell me what caseyleigh is in elfish

Exa
caseyleigh?? omg... lol first I have to find out what that actually means my english is not really that good... *takes her dictionary*

White Lady
well i htink leigh means one who shelters form storm

and casey means brave

Exa
Meadow? ok Il try, Il try... whats casey then

White Lady
i was wrong with meadow lol............its shelters from storm....
casey means brave

Exa
Brave shelters from Storm? ok ok that might be long big grin
i'd say

Candobalagos... if its shortened a little big grin because I dont know what the combination nd+ch usually becomes... maybe nch... then it would be Canchobalagos... (if I cut the last syllable of "shelter" because would sound silly otherwise

White Lady

Exa

White Lady
hey thats so cool............i typed in luke and thatt what it gave me

Exa
lol big grin Yeah its another version of the name Feanor wink (which is I think only sindarized from it) the creator of the Silmarilli...

White Lady
its kinda cool and lukes name means bringer of light so its close.....talking of jules is he in

Exa
That would, I think, translate as Calagyl or Laucyll... doesnt luke mean "coming from Lucania"?

Kitoky
Exa how do you translate "That's great!" In elvish?

Exa
as I already wrote somewhere (having read what you wrote when I was away) you could perhaps say "Na vae" or "san mae" or "Na Daer"... OR "NA BELEG" big grin

Kitoky
Could you tell me what each means?

Exa
Na and san mean pretty much the same... na is litterally " is" but its only rarely used... san means "it" and is usually used for "it is" in Sindarin.

Mae (or lenited Vae, I dont think it should be mutated here but it sounds nicer) means "good" or "nice" or is just a positive word... like "great" it, while "Daer" and "Beleg" (and "Tond"wink are the litteral words for "great" but rather in the sense of "big".

Kitoky
Oh okay! Much thanks!

Exa
np wink (why did you need it)

Kitoky
My teach wanted to know! She's an LotR fan also.

Exa

Kitoky
That I will!

pip-foot
I wish my teacher liked LOTR sad

Exa
Lol mine also dont really like it big grin they all laugh about me and my crazy friends stick out tongue

pip-foot
yay. Mine too. the other day we were using the laptops, and since i had finished my paper, i was on a LOTR sight. My teacher just walked by and was like, you still like that stuff?' and i was like "of course' smile

Exa
Lol big grin big grin

Mine hate it when I write parts of my exercise books in elvish writings stick out tongue

gr1ffin grl
where can i download lotr fonts for my computer?

shaber
Can anyone construe what Weaving said to Frodo when curing him of the Witchking's poison?

Exa

Kitoky
Or jut go to the thread 'Elvish Font' big grin

shaber
That's exactly what Arwen said - and she is much more appealing. It would be worth coming back to the light just to flip her over don't you think. I feel that Weaving was too old and ugly to be Elrond. I expected him to say, "welcome to Rivendell, Mr Anderson..."

cheney
HEY EXA HEY EXA I READ THE SILMARILLION....

sorry guys had to use caps i wont again :-( lol
yeah but anyway i read the silmarillion and damn it is so good and also the story at the start umm the valaquenta i think about the making of earth and the ainur man that is cool... btw naughty melkor and... feanor is sort of pretty evil for an elf

Exa
Hey, Cheney smile didnt see you for quite a while, missed you...

You read the Sil? Cool smile smile yes Melkor is the best big grin and, yey, Feanor is a great character because he's just not the typical boring good elf... he's cool, he's different, and he causes loads of problems big grin

shadowy_blue
Exa! Here, here!!! Question! ...LOL..big grin wink

Whatever happened to Cuivienen? Is it still part of Middle-earth during the Third Age, or did I miss something and it was destroyed?

Thankies!! big grin

Alvarado
Who was the main character in the Lord of the Rings?

shadowy_blue
Sauron? He's The Lord of the Rings for the sake of Pete!

stick out tongue

Exa

shadowy_blue
Oh my Gee, I never knew that!! big grin Thanks Exa!! big grin Cuivienen...Mordor..hmm..yummy!!! big grin I've been wondering for a long time what happened to Cuivienen, LOL..I didn't know it became Mordor..LOL..Thanks again!! big grin

Exa
big grin

... well, at least part of eastern Mordor stick out tongue Il draw a map to find out where exactly it is... unfortunately not yet found any maps that really show that.

Fëanor
hope this isn't too big...

cheney
lol naughty evil exa melkor is not cool lol. hes a naughty naughty ainur. lol but anyway ummm i agree with feanor though its interesting how an elf can be portrayed that way

Exa

Smodden
exa: i've read The Hobbit THe Lord of the Rings and The Silmarilion
now what? which of Tolkien's other works should i pick up now?

and which one first?

shadowy_blue
The History of Middle-earth..yes That's 12 series/books but worth it...big grin Or The Letters of JRR Tolkien..or Unfinished Tales...big grin There's more though like The Adventures of Tom Bombadil etc. but those first books I've mentioned are more important.

*LOL...I answered instead of Exa..can't help it..sorry!* stick out tongue

Exa

Smodden
thanx i'll think i'll try unfinished tales......

*runs to bookstore*

frodo_lover
Hi Exa!!! I have a qestion... Again big grin
How do I say " Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." Thanks

Exa

frodo_lover
Is it true??? I've found a question that Exa couldn't answer big grin Just kidding! Thanks anyway!!!

Exa
Lol stick out tongue

At least I try to answer big grin ... np

frodo_lover
lol stick out tongue Yes, you did. It doesn't matter that you couldn't answer because you have answered all my other questions big grin

Exa

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>