Dvd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
does anyone know when the FOTR-DVD is released??

Raz
I've heard rumors (can't remember where) that it will be released in the March/April/May period.

Mujaffa
saw the movie last night and can't wait for the dvd to come...
it was better than i expected eek! rolling on floor laughing

Raz
The DVD *is* coming VERY soon!

I've been notified that a DVD version of the FOTR has been posted in the alt.binaries.vcd newsgroup! I have seen the proof, and it looks very good!

mah
nice

Mujaffa
habba habba habba!!!! wink cool rolling on floor laughing

finti
The DVD will add 40 min to the movie, but the same report said that the DVD was set to be released just before the premiere of Two Towers. This newspapaer have been wrong on numerous times though. So hopefully it will be released sooner that their predictions.
New scense are supposed to be an alvish dialog between Aragon and Galadriel smile smile

queeq
WANT IT! NEED IT! MUST HAVE IT! MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..... big grin

mechmoggy
Tut tut, bloody ringbearers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
DVD-bearers that is. big grin

Raz
Yay, just got the final part to the LOTR @ DVD quality at a whopping 2.6G! And its great!!!! big grin big grin big grin

I know its not right, but I AM going to buy the DVD when it comes out. big grin

mah
sad not fair.. sad

Raz
Isn't she great! big grin

mah
she is!
is that from your downloaded film?

yerssot
*starting up the sucking to Raz sequence*

finti
maybe another UP would do it Yers

queeq
Aaaaahhh, Galadriel...

yerssot
Where do you got them? from M?

Mujaffa
need LOTR dvd now
My preciusssss! Gone!!!!!!!!!

finti
"She comes up with the morning sun
And tells me life has just begun
Oh what it is to be young
And in the early evening light
She brings me flowers from the sun
Oh what it is to be young

And if you see her you will know
She's like a shadow
Falling softly on the snow

And in the early evening light
She brings me flowers for the night
Oh what it is to be young " -Galadriel by Barclay James Harvest

Raz
Yes! Thats why I posted it - to tease you! evil face

queeq
You must share with us, Raz.

Raz
OK...now think of a quick way to transfer 2.6G eek!

queeq
Don't worry. I just got it today.

finti
what the dvd ?????

queeq
Well, an MPEG2 copy of it, DVD quality, on four CDROMS. It appears to be some kind of screening DVD...

Darth Gehenna
The FotR DVD should be coming out in August I believe.

yerssot
and Raz, if you zip the file, how big is it then? 2.5G? that's more reasonable

Raz
Yup, thats the one.

Yers, since you're on ADSL, I suggest you visit the alt.binaries.vcd newsgroup and just download it yourself.

yerssot
*starts to whine*
But I'm to lazy sad

Even with ADSL, 2.6G is a lot to download!
(did you know that ISDN is Belgian invention, like HTML?)

queeq
Just get good neighbours like I have. That's how I got it. big grin

finti
is there a link Raz to alt.binaries.vcd cause that didnt lead to anything confused

queeq
It's a news group, I think. But try typing http:// first.

Raz
Yup its a newsgroup. Assuming you have a decent ISP and that the LOTR is current you should be able to download it with http://www.forteinc.com/ or try using news://

I would recommend finding a good guide on binary newsgroups.

queeq
And Raz delivers! big grin

Mujaffa
where can you download the movie ??? any other places but kazAa??

ToMacco
I don't think I'll get the DVD. I didn't like the movie THAT much. But it was good, don't get me wrong.

Mujaffa
well i am gonna get the dvd as soon as it gets her in norway

Mujaffa
and that's in october- november sad

mah
..sad

Mujaffa
but true

finti
we allways get you wrong To

Captain REX
We wantss it...we wantss the Precioussssssss.

mah
here are some interesting impressions on the DVD released in August and some mentioning of the extended DVD released in November:
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/2/1022858243

Mujaffa
and i've found out that i have ordred the wrong DVD...

Corran
That's clever, anyway you can cancel/replace?

Mujaffa
no i can't replace it because i ordered the 2 disc dvd not the 4 disc

Tahnee
Depends where you are in the world...In Australia we get the DVD when the VHS comes out...In August but I'm waiting for the special edition DVD which comes out in December. 40 minutes extra footage people!
Tahn

mah
so am I, but I thought it was November?

mah
okay, first version of the dvd is nigh, 5 days away or so. who'll get it?

FINGOLFIN
Well, basically two release dates.

August 12th- standard DVD released

November - The Extended DVD will be released

The extended DVD should be pretty exciting. The gift-giving scene is extended and if I recall correctly the Tom Bombadil scene is in it (I might be wrong on that). There are also a few other scenes restored but I can't recall which. cool

Sean
webmaster at www.CollectTolkien.com

mah
yes, I'm getting the extended, so I'll only rent the first one.
Tom will not be in it though.

FINGOLFIN
I ordered multple copies of each version (I am going to give them as gifts)..

finti
damn blood suckers why not relase the extended version in August

mah
or better yet, one version with it all on. well they aint squeezing money out of me for two version, no matter how much I want it. I'm waiting till extended.

FINGOLFIN
Do you ever say anything nice...or positive..?

Just curious.

mad

mah
confused well I try, didn't know I had been negative. being negative towards the clear attempt to squeeze money out of us is reasonable I think.

FINGOLFIN
I don't sell anything!!!!!!! These are free links to any and all tolkien products I can find. Yes....some sales pay me a commission...but I still lose hundreds of dollars every year providing this service to bums like you. FLAME ON!!!!

Your commentary is constantly negative. I have yet to see a comment by you that is positive. Yes...some are nuetral, but that's at best.

My archive and links are a totally free service meant to help people..if you don't like it...don't visit...heck, who wants you!!!

I have worked very hard on my site and am quite proud of it...to that end I will talk about it any time I like. My infrequent mentions of it are meant to help people, not spam them.

You obviosly have never built anything you can be proud of or you would know how comments like yours are assinine...

To that end, you just leave your comments to me to yourself, and I won't respond to you, even if you manage to say something smart for a change..

You are bitter and mean spirited, and the difference between us is that I don't like saying things like this and it's all you do..

mah
eh, I was talking about NEW LINE CINEMA! I'd never critisize your site, it's good, I was negative towards New Line Cinema squeezing money out of people with releasing two versions of the dvd! nothing about you!

yerssot
how! easy there children...
no need for these posts, we're a friendly community here

finti
November is gonna be a good month, LOTR extended version and AOTC smile smile smile smile

Dexx
November eh?

Ushgarak
Also a very expensive month for us poor people.

Dexx
naaah, who needs DVDs, i got the bootleg laughing

mah
but who'd miss 4 dvds with goodness

finti
foursome is overrated big grin big grin big grin wink

mah
okay, dvd out today; who's got it? I'm waiting for the november extended special-edition, but saw this one at a friends today.

Dexx
nope, bootleg's enough big grin

Palanfirith
how is it mah ?
does it worth to wait for the november one ?

Dexx
hey, welcome back man!

yerssot
from what I heared from other fans: DEFINITLY!!!!!

Palanfirith
Thx dude(Dexx)
I think I'll also wait for the november release like mah wink

mah
this one has the 12 (i think) web-documentaries that has been online, theu're pretty good, but short. then a behind the scenes previously shown on FOX, music video and some other small things.it's OK, but when I see the preview of the 4-disc its def. worth waiting for that. they showed small clips of the scenes added to that, one word; AWESOME. plus TONS of good documentaries and stuff.

Palanfirith
dude,I heard that the november release will be on 2 DVD's.I donno.....

mah
nonono, the one OUT NOW is on 2 discs, the november is 100% sure on 4 discs

Palanfirith
I hope so.
But go to http://www.lordoftherings.net then click on the november release and there are 2 DVD.
I donno....

mah
yea, when you press that link you're taken to the site with the august dvd out now, but also a pop-up window appears, where it says:

''On November 12, see even more of LOTR:FOTR with the special extended edition The dvd release is a 4-disc set...''

Palanfirith
I usualy close pop-up's. big grin
thx for makeing it clear for me.for sure I'll wait for the 4 DVD release

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.