I've just found out something that affects access to the site

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirty Vader
Four weeks I couldnt access killermovies forums. Then I downloaded netscape and I could access, still having to do dodgy stuff. With Internet explorer it didnt work, I couldnt access the site.
Here's the problem: Norton Internet Security. I had disabled it to access a games server which didnt work either. And after doing a lot of modifications, I found out that the only problem was that Norton Internet Security was blocking me access. After disabling it, I tried accessing this site and it worked.
I didnt think about it at the time. But after re-enabling Norton Internet Security again, I couldnt access the forums. I've disabled itagain and here I am.

So try disabling Norton Internet Security if you have it, and see if that works. wink

Raz
Crappy norton. Use sygate instead http://www.sygate.com/free/spf_download.htm

yerssot
well, if this is true, shouldn't you report it to vbulletin, raz?

Raz
it's not a vb problem.

yerssot
well, it's the compatibility that fails, no?

Raz
nope, its the extra js that i've added me thinks.

Dirty Vader
hehe...I'm a computer genius

silver_tears
Raz is who told you how to fix it blink

yerssot
hmmm... js's slowing it down, having trouble with the norton thingie .... you need them up and running or can you work around it?

Dirty Vader
huh silver tears?

silver_tears
well he has the web site and all to help so isn't he the genius blink
umm never mind me I have gone and confused myself blink

Ushgarak
Norton's Firewall used to stop me being able to access the site, actually. I dunno why, but that has stopped being the case now.

§pearhead
No, I'm pretty sure that its DV who figured out the problem.

silver_tears
well whatever I have firewall and virus scan, both norton, and I haven't been affected in the least big grin

yerssot
still don't know if that's a good thing

do you use cookies?

silver_tears
DIE mad

Ushgarak
Yup

yerssot
with pleasure, silver

well, ush, if you put your firewall settings on "filter" (not sure which firewall you use, if you use mcafee I can actually go step by step if needed) and with the filter on, you can select what things the firewall has to pass and than you won't have any problems anymore

(but you probably figured that one out yourself already)

silver_tears
excellent *goes back to being happy* big grin

Ushgarak
Nah, myself and Raz spent a while trying to sort it out but it never worked. it was something to do with the ads. But it has simply stopped heing a problem.

yerssot
uh ... ok; just trying to help smile

silver_tears
while on that I hate the new ads blink tacky stick out tongue

Fire
hehe

Dirty Vader
the ads stopped me accessing directly with netscape. Thats why I had to do dodgy stuff with it.
i

Hegemon875
What adds are you guys talking about, I've never seen any pop-ups on this site.

Dirty Vader
the adds at the top of the page mate.

Raz
It shouldn't affect you any more. It's all been changed to make it MUCH faster and not to cause any trouble loading.

yerssot
hegemon, there is one if you don't use the automatic login though wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.