Best Award Show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
What is the best award show?

silver_tears
Umm for clarification, the oscars and academy awards are the same thing yes

wicker_man
The Kerrang Awards, nothing quite like them. rock

Lord Soth
The Oscars. It's an awards show where actors, directors and the like are all judged by their peers. It shows who is respected by the majority of their world

Kes
The Oscars is all about lobbies (sp). Actually, except awards voted by the fans, they are all about lobbies (sp).

Lord Soth
People's Choice Awards are nice b/c the fans choose, but The Oscars are more important b/c the people are judged by all the people in Hollywood,

Kes
I'm not saying the Oscars arent important, nor that awards given by fans are better. I'm just saying Oscars is not really about quality.

Lord Soth
Quality? What do you mean by that?

Kes
Meaning just because they win doesnt mean they were the best.
Last year was a perfect example.

Punker69
I hate the poeple chioce awards.I had to vote at cbs.com and i dont remember being a fan of WHOOPI or mel gibson even putting out a film in 2003.And i wasnt even a fan of the music artist.

botankus
LMAO!!

Aurora
I agree, about the Oscars not being a true judge of what is the best. They seem to me to be very bias and very fickle. I think that as in which show would I like to watch more, it would be the oscars because I love when Billy Cystal hosts, and it is very entertaining. As for the best judge of films i would say maybe the Golden Globes or the SAG awards....... If justic had been done, LOTR would have won an oscar already and not been shut out!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.